Android Development

Sparkster

Does anyone have any experience with Android development? I've been using IntelliJ IDEA, it seems a lot better and much less awkward and bulky than Eclipse, which i find quite annoying. AIDE is another app I use which allows you to develop apps directly on your Android device and makes things so much easier.

sixxup

I have been hiring someone to develop for me my android apps. I tried developing some apps but I could not come up with a perfectly working app.

djinter

I have experience working with Android app development. I felt comfortable with eclipse. But, then I started using Android Studio which is based on IntelliJ IDEA and I did feel a lot of difference. However, I still have to use a 3rd party emulator because Android Studio freezes up every time I try to run the in-built emulator.
Also I have noticed that AnStudio runs better when I turn off the internet. So in other words, offline dev is better than online dev in terms of speed.

I am new to andriod development. I have tried developing android by using free automated programs, however, these automated programs are not very good. Can anyone guide me on how to develop android app.

djinter

I am new to andriod development. I have tried developing android by using free automated programs, however, these automated programs are not very good. Can anyone guide me on how to develop android app.
Just go to the google developer's website and go through the tutorials posted there. You will get a good idea of what you need to do. Other than that, I never reinvent the wheel. You can always look up apps on github and use existing code to create your own apps faster.