Android or IOS?

Rowe992

I want to know which mobile operating system you prefer to use. I like Android because it is based off one of my favorite operation system in Linux. Android is very easy to use and also it is easy to create programs and apps for. I also like the fact that Android is not so exclusive like how IOS is to Apple. Android has many apps and games and the graphics of the games are really wonderful for a mobile platform.

CandraLovell

Аррlе nеvеr саllеd wіdgеts stuріd аs уоu іnsіst - thеу еvеn іmрlеmеntеd thеm оn ОЅ Х Тіgеr іn 2005. Whаt Аррlе nеvеr dіd dо wаs іmрlеmеnt Wіdgеts оn thе іРhоnе lіkе Аndrоіd dіd оn thе hоmеsсrееn. Аррlе dіd nоt сору Аndrоіd - thеу аrе gоіng tо аllоw Wіdgеts оn thе Νоtіfісаtіоn Сеntеr аs орроsеd tо thе hоmе sсrееn - whісh wіll bе sіmрlеr аnd lеss dіstrасtіng. Yоu саn't сlаіm thаt Wіdgеts wеrе а unіquеlу Аndrоіd іnvеntіоn еіthеr - thеу hаd bееn аrоund оn соmрutеrs fоr уеаrs bеfоrе Аndrоіd hаd thеm, thоugh Аndrоіd dіd аdmіttеdlу іmрlеmеnt thеm fаіrlу wеll оn thеіr ОЅ. Аррlе, mеаnwhіlе, hаvе dоnе thеіr оwn unіquе sріn оn Wіdgеts, sіmіlаr tо Аndrоіd, thоugh lаtеr.

Ѕlіdе tо unlосk (hоld) hаvе bееn аrоund sіnсе thе Wаlkmаn. Тhеn аgаіn іn thе bаsіс dауs оf сеll рhоnеs. Еvеrу shор сlаss іn Аmеrіса tаught us tо rоund оff еdgеs. Аnd ісоns, аnd grіd stуlе lауоut іs thе bаsіs оf nеаrlу еvеrу GUІ fоr 30 уеаrs оr mоrе.

Lоng bеfоrе Аррlе wаs а smаrt рhоnе frоm Ѕоnу, аnd lоng bеfоrе thаt, wаs оnе frоm wіndоws, аnd lоng bеfоrе thаt wаs оnе frоm Моtоrоlа іn thе еаrlу 90's. Тhеу wеrе аll tоо sооn tо bе аdорtеd bу thе mаrkеt. Аррlе wаs thе fіrst tо bе suссеssful іn thе Ѕmаrt рhоnе mаrkеt. Аll рrеdесеssоrs dіd nоt sеll wеll. Тhаt's whу реорlе bеlіеvе аррlе wаs fіrst.

То bе blunt nеіthеr Аррlе nоr Wіndоws wаs fіrst іn thе guі thаt сhаngеd еvеrуthіng. Хеrох wаs. Тhеn Аррlе соріеd Хеrох, thеn Місrоsоft соріеd Хеrох. Ѕо fоr аll уоu fаn bоуs thіs іs thе truth. І knоw thіs mау sееm іrrеlеvаnt, but wіthоut thе Хеrох рlаtfоrm wе wоuld hаvе nеvеr hаd РСs оr smаrt рhоnеs tо аrguе whісh саmе fіrst. Іt mау hаvе соmе аlоng sоmе dіffеrеnt wау, but thаt's а hugе dеbаtе оf sресulаtіоn.

іОЅ tо Аndrоіd рrоbаblу dоеsn't mаkе muсh оf а dіffеrеnсе unlеss уоu usе аn арр оnlу аvаіlаblе оn іОЅ. Ноwеvеr, І rесkоn thе оthеr wау аrоund іs mоrе јаrrіng. Wаnt tо shаrе а fіlе frоm уоur рhоnе tо sоmеоnе еlsе's? ВluеТооth іt оn Аndrоіd. Соnnесt tо thе іntеrnеt оn іРhоnе аnd sеnd іt rоund thе hоusеs. Wаnt tо сору а fіlе асrоss frоm а РС? Рlug іn уоur Аndrоіd рhоnе vіа UЅВ аnd сору іt асrоss lіkе аnу оthеr UЅВ stоrаgе. Fоr іРhоnе, соnnесt tо thе іntеrnеt аnd sеnd іt rоund thе hоusеs оnсе аgаіn, оr іnstаll іТunеs аnd hаvе tо sеt uр аn ассоunt. Wаnt tо shаrе аn арр уоu'rе dеvеlоріng wіth sоmеоnе еlsе fоr tеst рurроsеs оn Аndrоіd? Сору thе .арk tо thеіr stоrаgе (whісh уоu саn оf соursе ВluеТооth оvеr) аnd іnstаll. Оn іОЅ? Саn't bе dоnе, unlеss уоu rеgіstеr thеіr dеvісе undеr уоur Аррlе dеvеlореr ассоunt аnd sеt thеm uр аs а tеst dеvісе. Іf уоu hаvе bееn соmfоrtаblу usіng Аndrоіd dеvісеs аnd thеn trу tо dо thе sаmе оn іОЅ, уоu mееt аll thеsе оdd bаrrіеrs thаt јust gеt іn уоur wау.

Ѕо іОЅ соmеs wіth sоmе rеstrісtіоns аnd іnсоnvеnіеnсеs. Тhеsе роssіblу dоn't аffесt а lоt оf usеrs fоr whісh еіthеr рlаtfоrm іs соmраrаblе (mаkе рhоnесаlls, tехts, fоllоw FВ аnd Тwіttеr аnd lіttlе wеb brоwsіng. mауbе sоmе mарs). Іf уоu wаnt уоur dеvісе tо рlау nісе wіth оthеr dеvісеs thоugh, уоu wаnt Аndrоіd. Fоr mе аs bоth usеr аnd dеvеlореr, Аndrоіd оffеrs bоth bеttеr flехіbіlіtу аnd соnvеnіеnсе, nоt tо mеntіоn thе соst аdvаntаgе fоr dеvісеs (Νехus 7 іs сhеареr thаn аn оrіgіnаl іРаd Міnі) аnd ассеssоrіеs (аn НDМІ аdарtоr fоr thе Νехus 7 іs а thіrd thе рrісе оf thе sаmе fоr аn іРаd).

SuperiorCallz

I personally prefer Android over stock iOS by a long shot thanks to the amount of customization, although, when jailbroken, I prefer iOS thanks to its amazing community.

Rowe992

Well I still say Android is better than Ios. Android is very flexible and can power a wide range of mobile devices such as smartwatches and even smart cameras. Android is consistently being upgraded and the support from many different forums and website is amazing.

Joe Huss

Administrator
Staff member
From a Developer standpoint, or from a Linux user standpoint, Android is the clear winner. Most droid phones have several custom firmwares/os installs in addition to the official one providing additional functionality and features like overclocking.

For Android Users, Check Out http://forum.xda-developers.com/ and find the appropriate forum for your phone or phone your considering getting, and see what kind of custom firmwares and development is going on with it.

vegito12

I like the android mobiles better,as works real well and also easy to use. The graphics and games that can be played are well designed. I have had my android mobile for half a year now and work well and no issues I have encountered.

NathanG

I have to go for Android because it is the most customizable. In order to customize an iPhone or iPod you have to jailbreak it, which the average user shouldn't have to do just because they want to customize their phone.

Also, Android devices are much cheaper- even the best Android phones are still cheaper than iPhones.

Jatelo2

I'm no developer and knows little to nothing about Linux. So, my take will be based on user friendliness of the OS as opposed to what firmware it has or whether it is open source etc.

I have had the privilege of using both iPhone 5 and Samsung Galaxy S5 ( I believe their OS are the latest from both sides, right?). Well, Android is easier to use and finding help is only Google search away!

Sparkster

I want to know which mobile operating system you prefer to use. I like Android because it is based off one of my favorite operation system in Linux. Android is very easy to use and also it is easy to create programs and apps for. I also like the fact that Android is not so exclusive like how IOS is to Apple. Android has many apps and games and the graphics of the games are really wonderful for a mobile platform.
I definitely agree that Android is the best, it has better function and like you said, once you go to Apple you get stuck in that exclusive Apple trap. The overall quality of apps plus the range of apps available on Android also seems to be a lot better.

Aree Wongwanlee

I use Android because I only have one tablet and one smartphone and both use Android. I have friends who use other mobile operating systems but, from what I have seen, I do not feel that I need to change. I can get all the apps I need with Android. That's what matters to me.

TayneC8

My personal preference is iOS. Although you get a lot more customization in Android, I have been captured into Apple's ecosystem. The ability to send iMessages, text from my iPad and Mac is enough for me to stay on iOS. I did previously have a Samsung phone running Android, which ran into many problems resulting in loss of all my contacts, text messages and more. I feel iOS is a much more stable operating system than Android.

android - i have never used iOS. i have two android moto-x phones and several android tablets. when i compare the COST of them to the iOS counterparts, i would say no comparison! android is far and away the better value for the cost-sensitive folks.

Sean Lich

I've used both pretty extensively, and I love 'em both. For very different reasons. And my reasons can change all the time.

I like iOS because of its simplicity. I don't have to worry about it. Forgive me for being cliche, but really "it just works". Most of the time anyway.

However I love Android's custom features and can really get into it from time to time. But occasionally I just don't want to worry about it.

It actually depends on what specifics you are looking for in a phone. For me though, I like Android much better. It's extremely customizable and you'll be able to find the best apps to optimize your settings.

Rowe992

Well so many persons like myself prefer Android over ISO. I am not surprised because Android is so flexible and can be used on a wide range of devices ranging from phones to tables to mini computers. I just like the fact that Android is open source and apps can be made by anyone and be placed in the app store.

By now I have changed my mind and I prefer IOS a lot more since I have an Iphone 5 (Apple).
The android installed on my phone was so slow, now IOS is way better it works without any interference.

appleannie

I would prefer Android also. I think it took me a long time to jump on the bandwagon for the smart phone. I have always only used Windows PC. I know they have a Windows phone now. I am liking the Android phone though. I prefer it because of its ease of use. Besides I think of Apple as being a little over rated.

Chris Grigg

I have to side with Apple. I have been an Apple fan ever since iPhone 4. I now have had the iPhone 5S for about a year and a half and it works for everything I need it for. I don't need a phone that is big as a tablet. I don't really like the Android phones because they die quickly, they don't really regulate the app store, crash and are slow.

If I want to modify my phone like Android, then simply jailbreak it. It's easy now days.

I would generally go with Android as to me personally, I like the interface much better. When it comes to Apple not only is it overpriced but the quality and specs of IOS phones are often times much worse. Essentially, when you get Apple products you're paying for the brand which in turn means worse quality. If you want quality, it's usually best to go with Android devices. If you want a stylish phone that may be a tad bit more user-friendly, I would go with Apple.

chasedood

I am not really sure why, but I have always preferred iOS. Most people these days still have iPhones and I like being able to send messages to my friends. I recently got the iPhone 6 and I am absolutely in love with it. It has a drastic improvement on the battery life from earlier versions. So I am very happy with it!

sixxup

I prefer Android since Android allows apps to replace and modify parts of the OS that are untouchable on an iPhone. Android provides freedom, flexibility and choice making it easier to install apps even when you did not download them from Play Store. More developers are developing more android apps than any other apps.

GeeCee

I used iPhone for years, but I got tired of the limitations of not being able to download your own music outside of iTunes. I switched over to Android, and fell in love with it. Then I switched over to a Samsung Galaxy 5, and really fell in love with it. Samsung makes some of the best usage programs on the Android platform available.

djordjem87

I will have to say Android for the same reasons everyone else said. It is quite stable and used around in most phones and tablets. It is practical and easy to use. I tried IOS and it failed to impress me. I gave it a fair chance because i felt a bit bored with android but then a realised android is just fine. It lacks fluency and those little things that help you go around easier. It was like i travelled back through time.

Feather

I prefer an Android phone, firstly it is used on so many phone models and other reasons so it is quite stable whereas iOS is also good as it's only limited to Apple products but it isn't as stable as Android.

SirJoe

I use android but it's interesting that you didn't mention androids Linux brother Ubuntu. I haven't tried IOS, but am more tempted to try androids Linux brother Ubuntu.