Best browser add-on?

wilsonjr

It's also worth having a look at ublock to see if that would suit your needs. I use that and ghostery at the moment for privacy along with the Firefox add-on "Classic Theme Restorer" to re-skin Firefox to the way I liked it before they changed the UI!

dStMars

I always liked the Down them all downloader add on. I think that it is one of the most effective downloaders that I have ever used. Most downloaders would have hard times downloading from youtube and other sites like this. With Down them all I was always able to download full movies or episodes off of youtube.com in a small amount of time. You can't beat that.

djinter

Also, Adblock and Chrono download manager.

Ad block for obvious reasons.

Chrono download manager is an extension on chrome that lets me do all those things that I want to do with a download - pause, restart, etc.

SirJoe

Mine has to be Adblock Plus, it's the first add on I install onto my browser when ever I do a fresh installation of an operating system. Other add-ons that I normally install are related to SEO.

djinter

Looks like an awesome collection of add-ons is buiding up here. Let me add one more:

"When2Meet Autofill" - Basically, this is an app that lets users create events and sync up with other people so as to find the most suitable time for all of them to meet. So, its kind of liking checking everyone's calendar and finding a time that suits everyone.

Is it bad that I don't have any browser add-on? Haha! I just never had the time to download them nor do I see any need for them. Plus, I tried downloading some add-ons before but they never worked, back then in my previous laptop. So that has made me confused about browser add-ons and their abilities!

Its not bad. In fact, half the addons at least on firefox are full of bugs.
Yup, that's actually the browser I'm talking about when I said I downloaded add-ons that didn't work. With other browsers I don't know though since I have never tried downloading them again after failing with Firefox. But a lot of users here have apparently found add-ons helpful.