best domain name registry

Status
Not open for further replies.

SwagBear

Namecheap is very good, and it's not expensive at all. I've used it a few times and I have zero complaints and wouldn't mind using them again at all.

Raivyn

I've done tons of research and the one that I personally will be going with is namecheap. It seems a step ahead of most of the competition, and prices are good.

MazinJunaid

Namecheap is pretty good and very reliable while, at the same time, is also inexpensive. I haven't heard much about fabulous to comment on it. Luckyregister is less well known that Namecheap and may cost less but isn't that reliable.

1and1.com raised their prices to $15 a year for renewal -- but again they have the free privacy. i am not sure if anybody else can match that. anybody know ?

internet server

hello all - i am getting a bit irritated with 1and1.com and am looking for a new domain name registry.

according to

http://registrarjudge.com/

fabulous and namecheap.com (and names.com) are looking like winners. any opinions?

NOTE: friends dont let friends use godaddy, ever.
Registering a Domain name is very easy as there are numerous sites for it... I have not heard much about Registarjudge.com. I used to register my domain name ay XnYnZ.com where they provide services like domain transfers, Private registration etc.... You can make a use of it if you wish..

rcg2222

I've never heard of Namecheap - I'll have to check them out! I've been using Netfirms for nearly a decade and never had a complaint. I have 6 domains through them.

MorgUK

I'd like to know this too. I've got a couple of domains with GoDaddy, but they haven't been the greatest company (their email servers SUCK!). We've also used 'Name' at work and they have been OK to be honest. If you've got a host that's provided you with great service then maybe just buy to domain though them?

NatureSun

As most of the others said, Namecheap is a viable options. I've used it for quite sometime and it's always been good to me. Never read any negative reviews about it either.

protoboard

I only use GoDaddy. Right now I have two domains with them. I can't talk about their hosting because I have never used. The same goes with their mail service.

Last year I used register.com but I would not recommend them because their prices are really high (don't know their current prices but last year a dot COM was about $25 while at GoDaddy the price was about $10).

nilly

I tried GoDaddy and Register.com. I like Register.com better because it is cheaper and it has better service. Buying domain at GoDaddy isn't worth it. GoDaddy is too complicated to use.

Yanz

I would recommend internetbs.net, they offer free privatewhois and very cheap registration and renewal fees. I've got about 6-7 domains with them.

bauss

I vote for namecheap.com. I've been using them for a couple years, and I have no complaints. The prices are good, and occasionally they have good coupons.

anurag93

I prefer hostgator.com . They've nice support, the price are low. There are also some reseller plans. The sitebuilder provided by hostgator is really easy to use, I've made a website for my gaming community and I never had any downtime. I will surely recommend you hostgator.

nonsiccus

I'd like to throw my vote in for namecheap - I registered my domain there and have had no problems with them. I can't attest to their support, mostly because I haven't had to use them!

Godaddy on the other hand, has phenomenal support that are easily reachable, however I think their prices are also a little higher.

LazierThanU

I think you should choose Namecheap. I have bought few domains from them and I couldn't be happier. No problems or delays. You might find cheaper but, yeah, cheapest are usually worst.

Quags

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks for all the comments ans suggestions. Excellent suggestions have been listed here so I hope it help everyone out. This thread has run its course for now so </thread>

Status
Not open for further replies.