Blog earning

How long does it take to earn moderately from a blog. In other words, how many visitors do I need to have in my website to make a decent revenue.

djinter

Well it all depends on what you're writing and marketing. Blog Earnings are like looking into a crystal ball. A blog will generally take at least 2 months to gain traction, if you work hard and get it in front of people. Then, you need to capitalize on your users. The more the merrier. To earn a decent revenue, you need to write regularly and get at least a 100 views per day by the end of month 2. If that doesn't happen, then I don't see how anything else can.

rz3300

I have always wished that the whole blog for an income thing would come to fruition, but life was pretty quick to shut that one down, although I think I did give up a little too easily and got intimidated, and with the right direction it is certainly possible to earn some money through blogging. Just do your research though and really focus your content to make sure that readers will continue to update themselves. Content is king.

djinter

I know what you mean. I have seen the top bloggers who earn a lot. But, other people in the same niche do not do so well. Its all about finding the right niche and making sure that the market is ready for the content you are offering.

I think marketing is the most important skill required to make money from blogging. You may be a great writer, however, if you cannot market your blog to the potential customers, you will gain nothing.

djinter

True. If you cannot market it, people won't know about it, and then no one will read your content. I also think that a blog should provide sharing options too - many do these days. So that if people like your content, they can share it with their twitter or fb friends as well.

I once got a massive boost because I had provided an embedded share link (separate from the one at the top and bottom) saying, "If you liked this post, share it with your friends". And just 5 people shared it. That generated a lot of traffic for my blog.

Well it all depends on what you're writing and marketing. Blog Earnings are like looking into a crystal ball. A blog will generally take at least 2 months to gain traction, if you work hard and get it in front of people. Then, you need to capitalize on your users. The more the merrier. To earn a decent revenue, you need to write regularly and get at least a 100 views per day by the end of month 2. If that doesn't happen, then I don't see how anything else can.
After from my own blog, I also write for Hubpages. I get around 12 thousand views on my 150 hubpages article. And I earn about $5o in a month. Will I earn more if I had that kind of views on my blog,

cortana

It's not a matter of time. It's a matter of traffic. You could go viral tomorrow or you could not ever have a big site.

Time has nothing to do with it.

This is something that I wonder as well. I have my own blog but I don't make any profit from it. I guess there's not enough traffic that gets into my site. The problem is, I don't have much time to promote it. And I know that isn't good because writing the content is only half the battle, the other is promoting your content.

djinter

Well, you need to find other bloggers in your niche and team up with them. You can ask them to guest blog for you and you can then return the favor. So, you will be able to leverage their readers.

It's not a matter of time. It's a matter of traffic. You could go viral tomorrow or you could not ever have a big site.

Time has nothing to do with it.
When I analyze traffic to my articles, I get a surprising result. There was this article that used to get 100 views every day just about one year ago, but currently it gets just one of two view. The article is on evergreen content and I update the article in every three months.

Well, you need to find other bloggers in your niche and team up with them. You can ask them to guest blog for you and you can then return the favor. So, you will be able to leverage their readers.
True enough, this has worked wonders for some blogs that I do follow. As a reader, I also like seeing what other bloggers recommend for me to subscribe to. I can't remember the number of times I've scanned through my favourite bloggers links and followed blogs as well.