Connection in Europe

Primemaster

Hello Im thiking in buying a VPS of yours and I need to know how is your connetions to EU from US.
So as you dont have a datacenter in Europe, Id like to know if my latency will be acceptable.

Thanks in advance,
Primemaster

Quags

Administrator
Staff member
Our New Jersey VPS's are on the East Coast of the US, so it has the lowest latency in the United States to Europe. It depends where in Europe you are coming from. To start, you can expect around 80 MS to the UK.

Ryan Maxey

Shouldn't be too bad depending on what part of Europe you live in.

To give you an idea, I get 87.1 ms latency when pinging my Interserver VPS from a server hosted in Germany in an Internap data center. From a server hosted in Canada in a OVH data center, I get 10.0 ms. Of course both of these are server grade connections, but that's just to give you an idea.

Truthfully, if latency is really a huge deal for you, you'll probably want to have a server hosted in Europe which Interserver doesn't currently offer.

Shouldn't be too bad depending on what part of Europe you live in.

To give you an idea, I get 87.1 ms latency when pinging my Interserver VPS from a server hosted in Germany in an Internap data center. From a server hosted in Canada in a OVH data center, I get 10.0 ms. Of course both of these are server grade connections, but that's just to give you an idea.

Truthfully, if latency is really a huge deal for you, you'll probably want to have a server hosted in Europe which Interserver doesn't currently offer.
I agree with you.

prey

If you're from the western side of Europe, then you will get better responsivness overall, but if you're from the eastern side, then do not expect much, really. Probably this is influenced by the overall servers quality based in the western Europe, whereas the eastern lacks this. I can't really tell, but this might seem conventionally-acceptable.