Creating Newsletter

I have never created and sent newsletters. However, I am subscribed to many newsletter services. Can anyone tell me how to create and send newsletter.

djinter

Sure, create 10 newsletters in advanced. These would go out in sequence to anyone who signs up. I'm guessing you'll be using aweber. They offer a ton of templates and all the other things you need to get started and make an impact :)

Sure, create 10 newsletters in advanced. These would go out in sequence to anyone who signs up. I'm guessing you'll be using aweber. They offer a ton of templates and all the other things you need to get started and make an impact :)
As a a beginner, I should be using an email provider (you recommend aweber) and use the templates to create newsletter, right?

djinter

As a a beginner, I should be using an email provider (you recommend aweber) and use the templates to create newsletter, right?
Yes. Try to just focus on your core work, which is content and let others take care of design and all. Templates help a lot.

rz3300

Well I would think that there are several programs out there that you set you out on the right foot. I would hope that they allow for the maximum creativity, though, because with my experience in commercial publishing products they like to offer pre-made designs, which I am not a big fan of.

Off course there are many programs available, however, the main question is which program is easy for the beginner. Since I am no developer and designer,I want to focus on something that can happen with few clicks or drag and drop.

djinter

As a complete beginner you could simply try to manually create the newsletters, instead of focusing on using some external program.

As a complete beginner you could simply try to manually create the newsletters, instead of focusing on using some external program.
Thanks for your suggestion. I am learning how to create newsletter. A client with whom I have worked since a long time has offered me a writing job. I will have to write newsletters for him. When I said I don't know how to create newsletter, he suggested me learn the craft.