Cyclos installation on vps

weblartech

Hello there, i want to install cyclos on my vps server to run a virtual currency platform. Can anyone help me with the steps needed to go about this.
Thanks

pawlo.litasi

my vps server to run a virtual currency platform. Can anyone help me with the steps needed to go about this.

Last edited by a moderator:

jessewalter375

Installation requirements
-Operation system: Any OS that can run the Java VM like Windows, Linux, FreeBSD, Mac.
-Make sure you have at least 500Mb memory available for Cyclos (if the OS runs 64 bits, for 32bits 300Mb should be enough)
-Java Runtime Environment (JRE), Java 6 or 7 is required;
-Web server: Apache Tomcat 6 or higher
-Database server: MySQL 5.1 or higher
-Cyclos basic installation package cyclos_version_number.zip.
-If you use the SMS module, make sure the Cyclos version is compatible with the version of the SMS module.

Step 1: Install Java
Step 2: Install MySQL
Step 3: Install Tomcat
Step 4: Configure MySQL
First an empty MySQL database named cyclos has to be created. Then Cyclos needs to have access to the MySQL database. You can enter the root password in the file cyclos.properties. It is better to give Cyclos his own password to enter the cyclos3 database.
Step 5: Install Cyclos
-Download the latest version of Cyclos
-Browse to the temporary directory and copy the directory web and its contents into the webapps directory (<tomcat_home>/webapps) of the tomcat installation.
-Rename this web directory to cyclos. This name will define how users access Cyclos. For example, if you run the tomcat server on www.domain.com the URL would Of course it is also possible run directly Cyclos directly under the domain name. This can be done by extracting Cyclos directly in the root of the webapps directory, or putting an Apache web server in front.
Step 6: Startup Cyclos
Make sure the Tomcat and MySQL server use the same time zone
Get More information about servers and cloud at Apps4Rent

Hope this helps you.