Datacentre location

gg1965

hello there,

I'm looking at signing up with a VPS but i would like to ask a couple of questions about your data centres. I read that you have one or are opening one up in Hong Kong? Is that physically your data centre or will you be leasing it from someone else - and is it available now? What is the connections of the HK site like?

In terms of the VPS products - can i specify where mine will physically be in terms of your data centres or will mine be placed somewhere at "random". Also, in terms of redundancy, if my VPS was physically in HK and a typhoon or whatever wiped the place out - does that mean my VPS is lost or will it bounce back to life from somewhere else on your network?

Thanks

Graham

Quags

Administrator
Staff member
Currently you can choose only Los Angeles or New Jersey.

Only New Jersey is an interserver owned facility. Other facilities are colocation location, for example LA is an XO communications facility. In these facilities InterServer owns the hardware, routers etc, but space/power/racks/datacenter are provided by another company.

HK is not yet available. Assuming a remote VPS goes offline, the data does not move to another facility automatically.

gg1965

Thanks for the reply.

I've already signed up for a VPS at New Jersey.

Graham

Currently you can choose only Los Angeles or New Jersey.

Only New Jersey is an interserver owned facility. Other facilities are colocation location, for example LA is an XO communications facility. In these facilities InterServer owns the hardware, routers etc, but space/power/racks/datacenter are provided by another company.

HK is not yet available. Assuming a remote VPS goes offline, the data does not move to another facility automatically.