Do you prefer Laptop or Smartphone for surfing on the Internet?

I prefer using my laptop than my smartphone to surf on the Internet.
I use my Smartphone for social media instead.
How about you guys? :)

appleannie

I prefer my laptop for almost everything. I do not know why I have a smart phone. I hardly use the Internet features. I know right why pay for Mobile Internet if I am not going to use it. I just have a smart phone to have a smart phone really.

Personally I prefer the smartphone if we're just talking about browisng the internet because it's more comfort to hold in the hand and since I've a pretty wide screen (Smasung S4) I can't complain about the view.

I prefer my laptop for almost everything. I do not know why I have a smart phone. I hardly use the Internet features. I know right why pay for Mobile Internet if I am not going to use it. I just have a smart phone to have a smart phone really.
Why would you pay for the Internet on your smartphone if you don't use it at all, haha ? :D Not a good investment.

kneeruby

It depends on where I am. If at home I surf on my desktop PC, and a little on my smartphone in bed just as I'm about to go to sleep. I don't own a laptop yet. When I'm on the bus, or train, or waiting in line somewhere, I'll use my smartphone.

Personally I prefer the smartphone if we're just talking about browisng the internet because it's more comfort to hold in the hand and since I've a pretty wide screen (Smasung S4) I can't complain about the view.
Yes, I guess that smartphones are way more handy to use especially if they have a wide screen (in your cause).

It depends on where I am. If at home I surf on my desktop PC, and a little on my smartphone in bed just as I'm about to go to sleep. I don't own a laptop yet. When I'm on the bus, or train, or waiting in line somewhere, I'll use my smartphone.
The biggest value of having a smartphone is basically that you can use it where ever you are at that moment, if it's on a bus or a train, in a grocery store or at a social meeting.

Ultimately for me, it kind of depends on the situation. I would in most cases prefer a smart-phone for when I am checking quick news stories, but when I am at home and have a lot of research and work to do, I would most definitely prefer a laptop. It's all about convenience really, and almost all the time my laptop will win out over my smart-phone!

Chris Grigg

I really hate trying to browse on a smartphone. I much prefer my desktop to do the browsing since it has much better equipment than any of the computers I use. It's much faster than any laptop that we have at my home. Smartphones have too small of screens for me to browse.

suegiplaye

I prefer for my laptop. For some reason trying to surf the Internet on my smartphone seriously gets on my nerves. I hate having a small screen to look it so that is probably the reason why. I would rather look at a large screen. If smartphones were bigger like an Ipad, I would use it more often to surf the Internet.

suegiplaye

I also use my smartphone mostly for social media. I love using it just to like stuff on Facebook. For everything else though, I use my laptop. I would rather have a large screen to look at then to have a small screen.

chasedood

I have always preferred using my laptop for surfing the internet. The reason being is because some websites are just not mobile friendly.

I have always preferred using my laptop for surfing the internet. The reason being is because some websites are just not mobile friendly.
Using your mobile for social media is fine, but other websites like you said aren't mobile friendly, and it's just very annoying because if you're in a difficult situation and don't have your laptop with you, then you need to use you're mobile and it's way more difficult to check things on such websites, which layouts are too big or too small.

Benson

I prefer the laptop. You are right, smart phones will do well with social media. There are certain things that you do faster with the laptop when surfing the net, that smartphones will just slow you. I am fast when working with my laptop and can carry out many functions with it. The keyboard of the laptop has sufficient space, that allows you to place your hands freely when typing. The smartphone can be advantages because of its size which is mobile oriented, but I definitely prefer my laptop when I have serious business to take care of. The desktop even serves me better.

@Benson
I completely agree with you. There are times when smartphones are more handy, when we are outside of our house and want quick information or we want to contact our friends, but overall laptop wins this battle between these two.

Sarleons

It heavily depends on your lifestyle and IT knowledge;

+ IF you spend most of time out of your home then smartphone would be definitely the better choice, and vice versa.

+ IF you are an ordinary user just checking emails and using social media smartphone would do the job, however PCs and laptops will easily outweigh smartphones in the scope of proficiency; for example let’s say you need to edit a picture and add some effects on it and then upload it to your social media page, the PC is the obvious winner in such cases.

Same as you. I prefer using my laptop computer when I am working online, but I would often use my smartphone just to check and update my social media accounts. I have also done quite a few jobs using my smartphone. It could really be very efficient. ;)

When I am working, I access internet via my laptop and when I am socializing, I access internet through my smartphone. I am thinking to get a tablet so that I can have a device that is bigger than phone and smaller than laptop so that I can work as well as socialize.

My laptop is more for:

1. Work.
2. Streaming online series.
3. Downloading softwares or music.

My phone is more for:

1. Facebook.
2. Chatting.
3. Taking photos.
4. Listening to music.
5. Googling nonsense stuff, lol.

djinter

Well its freezing cold, so phone it is right now.
Also, I am beginning to understand the benefits of a tablet too. Although, i am currently typing this using my laptop. So I would say, I use my phone more for most things except for typing or coding. I also use cloudmagic app so I have all of my email addresses updating at the same time on my phone, which is great. So, I guess phone trumps laptop for me.

cortana

if your laptop weighs a lot, then the phone.

but mac's don't weigh too much, so if you're lucky and have one of those, then definitely the mac.

emuzeskylow

While phone is handy and easily moved around yet I still enjoy surfing the internet more with my laptop. On laptop every web page is well display and no missing link as we do encounter on mobile phones. There is this freedom to execute task more effectively on laptops than mobile phone when surfing the web.

clarajones

If it is for general search, Social Media then I will prefer my smartphone and if it is official like business purpose, purchasing then I will go with laptop.

pawlo.litasi

The biggest value of having auto clicker word unscrambler jumble solver a smartphone is basically that you can use it where ever you are at that moment, if it's on a bus or a train, in a grocery store or at a social meeting.
I do not know why I have a smart phone. I hardly use the Internet features. I know right why pay for Mobile Internet if I am not going to use it. I just have a smart phone to have a smart phone really.

Last edited: