Few Questions about your VPS Plans

Riu

Hello,

Our current disk space is 100 GB; and we are looking for suitable plan with min 6 GB RAM.

I am recompiling all my previous notes and seek your assistance / clarification:

a. Is it managed server; and if managed - what are inclusions / exclusions

(I read in your FAQ section of your statement that it is managed for the software you install); but in case of any attack on the server - do you assist us?

b. What is the definition of slices (how much disk space / RAM etc)

c. What are the CPU details e,g dual core, quad and its speed etc

d. Should I opt for VPS or Cloud VPS? On your vps page (https://interserver.net/vps/) - it is Cloud VPS (with two options - OpenVZ and KVM) where is only VPS (without cloud) and pricing?

e. Backup - How frequently these backups are taken and do they form part of our space; and its preservation policy

f. Additional RAM or Space (I understood of your unit division into slice; but what if I need only additional RAM); and what about vSwap RAM in addition to mentioned dedicated RAM. Please indicate it for both the options OpenVZ and KVM

g. Additional IPs - are these dedicated IPs available for $1 pm?

h. In your upgrade policy - you have mentioned Ksplice $3.95 per month - what does this mean?

i. Additional Price for Fast SSD Storage for both options OpenVZ and KVM - The uypgrade plan mentions in summary but no details offered.

j. Do you also provide and assist in virtualmin (Pro or free) instead of cpanel - as that is cheaper than cpanel. We can perhaps save $10 pm (or $100 p.a.)

k. Firewall - in these vps, which firewall and security features do you provide?

l. Site Migration - In case I buy VPS plan, will you move my existing sites to your server?

Your quick clarifications will help me in taking quick decision.

regards. Riu

Quags

Administrator
Staff member
a. Is it managed server; and if managed - what are inclusions / exclusions

It includes what we install, so if you take cpanel it includes all cpanel/WHM services.

No control panel is the base linux install only.

(I read in your FAQ section of your statement that it is managed for the software you install); but in case of any attack on the server - do you assist us?

Server attacks we do give best effort.

b. What is the definition of slices (how much disk space / RAM etc)
25GB space and 512MB ram

c. What are the CPU details e,g dual core, quad and its speed etc
It really does vary by server. There are over 100 vps servers which is why we don't specifically state it.

d. Should I opt for VPS or Cloud VPS? On your vps page (https://interserver.net/vps/) - it is Cloud VPS (with two options - OpenVZ and KVM) where is only VPS (without cloud) and pricing?

KVM allows your own kernel control but is more expensive. It is really the future going forward in my opinion.

Openvz is cheaper and no kernel access. it is a fine virtualization platform however and uses less memory overall because it is not full virtualization.

e. Backup - How frequently these backups are taken and do they form part of our space; and its preservation policy

Up to 4 can be made on demand in my.interserver.net

f. Additional RAM or Space (I understood of your unit division into slice; but what if I need only additional RAM); and what about vSwap RAM in addition to mentioned dedicated RAM. Please indicate it for both the options OpenVZ and KVM

Right now adding more ram is only done by adding more slices.

Vswap is for openvz virtualization, most servers run vswap on our openvz platform.

g. Additional IPs - are these dedicated IPs available for $1 pm?

Correct, $1 / mo extra up to 6

h. In your upgrade policy - you have mentioned Ksplice $3.95 per month - what does this mean?
KVM only, this is rebootless kernel updates. Openvz has no kernel access so this does not apply.

i. Additional Price for Fast SSD Storage for both options OpenVZ and KVM - The upgrade plan mentions in summary but no details offered.

You can select to ugprade to openvz SSD server at $4 extra per slice. The disk are ssd instead of sata.

j. Do you also provide and assist in virtualmin (Pro or free) instead of cpanel - as that is cheaper than cpanel. We can perhaps save $10 pm (or $100 p.a.)
We do not offer assistance but our forums hopefully will be helpful.

k. Firewall - in these vps, which firewall and security features do you provide?
We can install csf firewall at no charge.

l. Site Migration - In case I buy VPS plan, will you move my existing sites to your server?
If cpanel access is on both sides with root access, yes we do this.