How Effective Is NAT Firewall?

boonecruz

I was suggested to use a nat firewall eradicate any risks of getting viruses in my PC. I am going for Ivacy VPN because it is one of the few providers out there who is providing this facility. I am just not sure how beneficial would it be. Can anybody confirm this?

Last edited by a moderator:

vasutaunk

NAT is now essential when it comes to conserving global address space. The IPv4 protocol, which determines how all devices on the internet communicate, has a limited number of available IP addresses. If every device that connects to the internet required a unique IP address, we would soon run out. Connecting many devices on a private network through a single NAT gateway only uses up one IPv4 address.

Fleurrose

I was suggested to use a nat firewall eradicate any risks of getting viruses in my PC. I am going for Ivacy VPN because it is one of the few providers out there who is providing this facility. I am just not sure how beneficial would it be. Can anybody confirm this?
usa today protonmail
Connecting many devices on a private network through a single NAT gateway only uses up one IPv4 address.

Last edited: