Instant Setup Not Instant

Discussion in 'Feature Requests' started by Bambie, Sep 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
This thread is more than 60 days old.
  1. Bambie

Bambie New Member

I purchased 1 slice VPS with DirectAdmin, to find that DA was not installed at server setup. Generally when you purchase a vps with a control panel you expect the server to be installed with your chosen control panel.

And then when I found out that it needed to be installed and my ticket was sent to the department it needed too, just to be told I need to purchase it again. Even though I had purchased DA at server purchase.

If you can not have VPS setup with the control panel ordered installed as preset and a member of staff needs to install, staff should check the server details or invoices to see if you have purchased DA or cPanel/WHM instead of assuming the client has not purchased it already, unless staff do not have access to that information and if not they should.

2. Quags

Quags Administrator Staff Member

Hello,
    Thanks for the feedback. Currently control panels like DA / cpanel are not included in the server install images because of their frequent updates and need to compile some software like apache / php manually. I'll see about getting an automatic ticket in for a control panel install on a new order.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
This thread is more than 60 days old.