Internet privacy

jurew2

Hi everybody,
I just want to know what do you think about the NSA and other agencies like this spying on you, on your computer, phone etc. everywhere you have an internet connection. Are you worried about your privacy being violated and if so, do you try to encrypt any data or you just let it slide by like it(the spying) doesn't happening since you're doing nothing wrong.

I personally am ok with that. Any data that I am worried about I keep online, keep it anonymous, and / or encrypt it depending on what I am doing. However, for the majority of things I do I am not worried about them and what they do as long as I don't do anything that gives them a reason to suspect me.

Rohan99

I think that this spying is justified in some instances because the internet as become a global village and there are persons online who plan their criminal intentions there. If you don't have anything illegal to hide then you will not be so concerned about this issue of online privacy. Lets face it, nothing that you publish inline is private because that information is stored on someone's server. The best thin you can do is to watch what you post online if you can't deal with the consequences. You can also always try a vpn service if that helps to ease your mind about your privacy.

Dez97

personally I think if you're living in America you have no privacy at all, and that's not to say that other countries don't do the same in their countries but America just goes above and beyond with it, they take it to er another level, and after a while you really just get used to the fact that you have no privacy and you just keep moving.

licklozay

I really don't have anything to hide. If I did I wouldn't keep my information online. Because I know that there are a lot of people that are spying on me or want to know what I know on go back to the basics. But keep it as simple as been in paper and if necessary on make sure all the important stuff is kept off the grid. Out also use a lot of private services and reroute a lot of my online presence. And hopefully that would deter and throw off people. But currently I really don't have anything to and so I don't mind if people are spying on me I'm sure they will find a dead end and essentially turn away from me

Profit5500

I really don't have anything to hide. If I did I wouldn't keep my information online. Because I know that there are a lot of people that are spying on me or want to know what I know on go back to the basics. But keep it as simple as been in paper and if necessary on make sure all the important stuff is kept off the grid. Out also use a lot of private services and reroute a lot of my online presence. And hopefully that would deter and throw off people. But currently I really don't have anything to and so I don't mind if people are spying on me I'm sure they will find a dead end and essentially turn away from me
I do understand the concern of the NSA due to that Edward Snowden guy. I mean to some degree I do want them to respect my privacy. As far as them going through my personal information to link me to someone else that I would question.

Rohan99

The concept of internet privacy is just a mere fantasy. There is nothing that you pout on the internet that is private. Of you can't deal with the consequences of what you put online when it becomes public then don't put it there in the first place. If you want privacy then meet a person face to face. Technology is not private and someone knows or sees what you do.

I personally don't care - even if they weren't spying on you every website you visit is spying on you individually to get more data for better advertisements. Anything I don't want people to find I just encrypt it on an offline country.

Profit5500

Even if the NSA were browsing the web to see what I am writing they would not find anything useful. Besides I have nothing to really offer the government that would be useful for their viewing pleasure. If they need information they have all that they need from me.

Dez97

I do understand the concern of the NSA due to that Edward Snowden guy. I mean to some degree I do want them to respect my privacy. As far as them going through my personal information to link me to someone else that I would question.
I would definitely question that as well, I'd hate to get in trouble for just being an acquaintance of someone.

Holunderminze

Even if the NSA were browsing the web to see what I am writing they would not find anything useful. Besides I have nothing to really offer the government that would be useful for their viewing pleasure. If they need information they have all that they need from me.
Yes maybe true but they could still store information to use against you in matte
personally I think if you're living in America you have no privacy at all, and that's not to say that other countries don't do the same in their countries but America just goes above and beyond with it, they take it to er another level, and after a while you really just get used to the fact that you have no privacy and you just keep moving.
You are probably right on that.

Chasedood85

I honestly do not mind that much. As long as you are not doing anything wrong then you really have no need to worry about it. Freedom comes at a price these days, you can never be too careful with all of these American Born terrorists these days!

Rowe992

Well I use a virtual private network from time to time to bypass certain website restrictions but not because I am worried about privacy. I don't do anything online which I consider illegal or would want to be hidden so I am not worried about spying because the NSA has more important people to target where that is concerned. If you are worried about your internet privacy then don't do anything online because internet privacy does not exists.

CandraLovell

І dоn't hаvе а рrоblеm wіth ΝЅА dеfеndеrs . І'll dеfеnd ΝЅА іf І thіnk thеу'rе rіght , аnd МА аnd Р/Κ hаvе bееn іnvаluаblе sоurсеs оf іnfоrmаtіоn аnd аnаlуsіs.
Моst оf sосіеtу асts оn bеlіеf , bеtwееn whаt sсіеnсе саn рrоvе аnd whаt rеlіgіоn рrорhеsіеs .
Іf уоu bеlіеvе sоmеоnе іs рushіng аn unsuрроrtаblе nаrrаtіvе оr knоwn fаlsеhооd, thеrе іs sоmе dutу tо іntеrсеdе .
Тhе grеаtеr thаt аuthоrіtу , роlіtісаl , sсіеntіfіс , оr mоrаl , thе hіghеr thе stаndаrd оf nаrrаtіvе .

1. thаt sоmеthіng іs rеаsоnаblе dоеsn't mеаn іt's јustіfіаblе . Іn thе UЅ , thе сіtіzеnrу dесіdеs thе lеvеl оf rіsk аnd thе аmоunt оf blооd wе'rе wіllіng tо shеd fоr рrіvасу . Νоt thе gоvеrnmеnt , bу fіаt , іn sесrеt .
2. Fоrеіgn mеаns fоrеіgn . ΝЅА іntеrсерts аrе оvеrsеаs оr аt ЕΝТЕRІΝG swіtсhеs соntrоllеd bу thе FВІ .
tаrgеtіng іs tаrgеtіng . FВІ vеrіfіеs sеlесtоrs , соllесtіоn , аnd mіnіmіzаtіоn .
Іf thе ΝЅА thіnks thеу hаvе а сluе аbоut аn іntеrnаl thrеаt, thе FВІ gеts а hеаds uр аnd thе FВІ соllесts аnd suреrvіsеs dіstrіbutіоn . оnе hор іs rеаsоnаblе susрісіоn , twо hорs іs рrоbаblе саusе , but І'm stіll ореn tо bеіng соnvіnсеd оthеrwіsе .
3. thе mеrе fасt оf оnе еnd fоrеіgn іsn't rеаsоnаblе susрісіоn , аnd аll соmmunісаtоrs hаvе sоmе lеvеl оf іnаlіеnаblе rіght tо рrіvасу .

thе fасt thаt thе роunds оf wееd соmіng асrоss thе bоrdеr іsn't с4 оr wоrsе іsn't јust а dаtа роіnt .

thеn аgаіn , hіstоrу mау wеll lаugh аt thе еntіrе dіsрutе . thе раnорtісоn mау bе іnеvіtаblе аnd thе іndіvіduаl mау wеll bе аssіmіlаtеd bу thе еvоlutіоn оf thе hіvе mіnd . fіrst bу thоsе lіnіng uр tо рау fоr thе рrіvіlеgе , аnd thе lаst bу gоvеrnmеnt dесrее .

SuperiorCallz

As I live in Australia, I'm not as worried as I would be if I didn't, although it's definitely something to look out for and does change my view on certain aspects of the internet. I'm sure over time though people will reveal more about agencies like this and they'll soon be nowhere to found, but we can only hope.

Rowe992

Internet and privacy don't mesh very well my friend. Everything you put on the internet is stored on someone's server/computer. Don't put anything you consider private on the internet because it can be hacked. You can use a vpn service to encrypt your data but even that can be decrypted.

danachka

I try not to think about it but I really don't like the fact people can watch what I do on the internet. I personally don't do anything bad or embarrassing but still knowing someone could be spying on me makes me a little uneasy.

On one hand I think it is wrong for the NSA and other agencies to do this kind of thing. However, on the other hand they won't stop and if you put anything on the internet expecting full privacy you'll be mistake because even if a government agency doesn't find it, someone else will.

vegito12

Things posted online are not really private since can be viewed by others if they choose to. A Lot of people do cyber crimes and think they will not be caught. This will alert those thinking of doing online crime to not do it in the first place, as being watched and if caught will face fines and punishment.

Kamarsun1

Hi everybody,
I just want to know what do you think about the NSA and other agencies like this spying on you, on your computer, phone etc. everywhere you have an internet connection. Are you worried about your privacy being violated and if so, do you try to encrypt any data or you just let it slide by like it(the spying) doesn't happening since you're doing nothing wrong.
Our rights are slowly being taking away everyday, pretty soon they are going to label people terrorist for believing in the constitution. It sounds crazy but it could very well be true.

hollysheats

Hi everybody,
I think that our government is and has always been spying on people. It doesn't matter how they are doing it, it just matters that they are doing it. I do not think it is a big deal unless one is doing illegal things.

Aree Wongwanlee

I am not losing any sleep over this. First, I don't put anything in cyberspace which I wouldn't show my mother or my children. That's basically because I am a very sceptical person. I simply do not trust any of those disclaimers about respecting privacy and so on and so forth.

I wouldn't mind them spying on me at all. Well, it's because I have nothing to hide. Also, I think it's for everyone's own good, because we all know that terrorist are becoming technology-savvy too.

Rowe992

Internet privacy doesn't exists for the ordinary user because at the end of the day your isp along with the various server owners can view your activities. You can make it more difficult for them by using encryption in the form of a virtual private network that has a strong encryption. If you want privacy then do expect to get it online.

hop0n

I am pretty sure that this is happening to some people, but honestly I don't think they have a reason to spy on me. Evevn if they did, they wouldn't find out anything interesting about me anyway. So, I don't worry that much and don't encrypt anything.

appleannie

I do not have any concerns that they will come and arrest me for anything, but I do not like the idea of being spied upon. I feel like there are several other spies in this world, and like I am being spied on by a very good stalker. I mean like someone who would have private detective skills or such. I do not like the idea that I am being spied on while surfing the itnernet.

As for me, I am not really bothered about it since I know I am not doing anything wrong that would somehow look suspicious to them. Well, as long as this is for public security reason, I am definitely fine with this.