Interserver Affiliate Program?

FreeBuddy

Is it legitimate? I've seen a few threads on other sites questioning it such as this one. Anyone got experiences to tell us about? I wouldn't mind joining the program as I'm sure I could be successful but I don't want to put any substantial effort in with no return.

From what I understand, you refer a customer and they sign up to hosting. If they pay their bill monthly after two months you get the commission paid to you.

Quags

Administrator
Staff member
I don't have enough information to really comment on that other post. Looking it over I see a lot of $10 / $11 payments - That would be domains and cpanel which are not included as part of the affiliate.

The affiliate includes
* webhosting
* vps
* quick servers
* dedicated servers

It does not include addons or domains.

Its $100 per sale. In order to qualify

* must be a new customer / domain that has been referred / with a unique payment method. If its a new account, but using a previously used paypal account or credit card that commission will be cancelled.

* must stay for 3 months with the service. This could be a year in advance, or two payments. Using a coupon is fine.

* payout is at 90 days. With in that period a commission could be cancelled if there is a chargeback, or terms of service violation (spam / phishing site etc). However a cancellation of the plan with none of those still results in a payout.

There are no differences between the comission junction / interserver direct affiliate plan.

For more information check the faq here: https://my.interserver.net/index.php?choice=none.affiliate

Last edited by a moderator:

FreeBuddy

Thanks for the response John!

I'm curious to how you offset the costs associated with the program if you can comment on it? A $4.95 hosting play would take 20 months for InterServer to break even on a $100 commission. If a customer only stayed the 60 days or even 90~ days, the loss to InterServer is still $85-90. I don't see how you offset the potential loss unless you're counting on the referred customers to stay long term?

Quags

Administrator
Staff member
In the past interserver used google adwords for a lot of advertising. We started back when there were only three ads on the side of a google search - so its been a long time.

Looking at the over all cost per click / sign ups with google adwords the cost ends up being higher than what is offered in the affiliate program. The affiliate program also gets the benefit of links back to us, and content relating to interserver in search engines. So overall the program is more beneficial than other advertising programs.