InterServer Rules Supreme For Outstanding Support

Keith Hinton

Howdy, folks:
It's been a while since I've posted to the forums here, but I wanted despite having already given an outstanding well done recently on Facebook with a recommendation and so on to InterServer services, I figured I'd say something here, as well to show my appreciation of InterServer's technical support department.
First, I couldn't be happyer with my dedicated server that I've purchased.
It was setup within a day after I placed the order, the hardware test I requested must have been performed as per all server components going into the case, etc. Well done, folks!
Secondly, I want to give InterServer loads of credit here, as they deserve it more than maybe, even they as a company realise.
Compared to my last hosting nightmair, where I had to hold the hands of the billing/support staff, sent over 15 emails due to tickets where not only were diferent staff receiving the ticket, but all responses were generic, nobody read the actual tickets, and even was forced to launch a complaint to the complaints department, that turned out to be some oddball excuse of an email address that only whent to folks in the billing department and so on when the provider refused to cancile services as promissed well I must say InterServer has been simply awesome!
You folks are always willing to bend over backwards practically as far as I'm concerned.
Need to shut down a dedicated server for whatever reason and need a reboot done at a later date? No problem, especially with the server reboot page you folks have that takes care of the email that would otherwise need to be manually written. It's appreciated that you folks have such stuff.
Also, I find the response of the support department John and folks, to be wonderful.
Never has it taken 3 hours to resolve something.
It's awesome that solutions are guaranteed to be within hours of being found, not days, weeks, etc.
Thanks folks for being as awesome as you've been, do keep up the great work!
I must say, it's a pleasure doing business with you folks and I'm extremely happy to be back as another happy interServer customer!
Two other things I need to point out, just in case you folks haven't seen the feedback yet, but one problem I'm having though with my screen reader, is in your Survey rating system.
You have everything in a vertical list, with numbers going down 1 through 5, so though I happily have been trying to hit the five each time as I've had outstanding support with any ticket by pressing enter, even performing a left mouse click with the screen reader on the number I want, I have no good way of knowing if what I chose was selected.
Could the Survey form be modified by InterServer webmasters at all?
My specific form suggestion to make it easier would be to change the numbers that proceed each question asked, into 5 selectable radio buttons.
That way, that's one control type just about all screen readers can easily access, as I feel that would be a much better rating system.
The other feedback pertains to your terms of service static HTMl page.
It would be nice, for InterServer staff to go back and actually split up the sections into headers for easier navigation. I sent a support email regarding this, but I figured feedback is more than welcome here directly, so thought I'd bring that up here as well.
Currently, down arrowing consistently or punching in a section through a find if I know specificly what text I'm after is great, but a little HTMl markup splitting of the sections into headings would be a nice addition to the TOS document.
Also, I found what look like typographical errors, where some other suggestions might make it read better.
Where you say in your abuse section "any attempt to cause harm to a InterServer Server" maybe "an InterServer server" would sound more correct for one thing.
The other outstanding typo I found that probably hasn't been noticed by you folks as you have so much going on over there, is somebody typed at some point, wll instead of will.
That's about all I have to say though, and that feedback isn't intended to be bad, just stuff you folks might want to seriously consider taking a good look at if time allows.
Thanks folks for being prompt and polite each and every time!
I haven't had to do anybody's job, and nobody at InterServer has given me the feeling of scripted replies, or that I know more than any of you folks do, and that is awesome!
Thanks for actually caring enough about each of us customers and taking priority to not close a ticket until we consider the matter at rest.
God bless, and have a great rest of the weekend!
Ps.
Just wanted to say how nice it's been working with John and Mike over the last few days.
When I needed to ask Mike something, he was prompt in getting back to my email, and John has been courteous as usual, along with Taras Tyulyakov who thanks needs to also be extended to, for promptly helping me to manually set reverse DNS entries on my dedicated server while it's been in the pending stages this week.
Thanks Taras, John, and everybody else who I can't possibly remember off the top of my head! InterServer's quality service and dedication to customer support are much appreciated!

Keith Hinton

You're welcome, John.
Having a reliable provider is important not only to business, but to folks doing hobby sites too.
Having support that cares, and truely does care about customers like I said yesterday is quite important, and the needs of customers should be a central part of your company in all decisions you make as a company, and I think this is reflective here in launching this forum, amungst other things you folks have done. Nothing could be closer to the truth for sure.
It is my pleasure to continue to recommend InterServer for friends, family, and others who are tired of poor services where customer support seems not to be what it should be, as InterServer most surely isn't that way.
Finding InterServer gives me maybe for the first time in a few years, a feeling of safe data centers, knowing that when I need help I can ask any time of the day or night, and a feeling that you folks really do know your stuff in the world of hosting.
Earlier today, I had a small stressful moment that Taras quickly resolved.
I had just woke up this morning, and had been locking down SSH for more security reasons, and at the bottum made a small typo in my config file.
Rebooted my server only to find that ...argh!
I couldn't log on whatsoever!
And even though, I knew everything else was fine, I thought...well, the only way this will be resolveable is local root access via the console, but because I cannot use out of band access myself, I'm gonna have to ask that somebody quickly do this task.
In less than 13 minutes, Taras commented out the line wich I've since removed entirely, rebooted upon my request to properly insure everything and not just ssh was going to start in tandom the way it should, and asked me to try the ssh server again after that small stressful typo problem.
He didn't close the ticket until I verified that the ssh server was back up and working to my personal satisfaction.
But I do have a question, despite how well that was done, witch was done quite beautifully I might add.
John, do you ever think it would be possible for InterServer to implement some serial ssh powered console providing out of band access in the event that heaven forbid, somebody makes an unattentional typo, or maybe offer us a way to send some reboot to the servers power systems?
That was one thing, despite the hosting nightmair I had a few months ago with 1and1 Internet, that I actually liked.
Even if I did shut the server off entirely with halt, I was, able to bring the server back up with this web-based recovery tool.
Amungst other things, 1and1 did, have an automated re-image tool, where you could easily reinstall the OS yourself, even on dedicated systems, without even requiring the assistance of a data center technician.
Maybe InterServer can think about expanding services with possible features like these?
I'm sure it wouldn't be impossible given the years of experience you folks have.
Just a thought, and I'd like to hear what you being the Chief Technical Officer at InterServer think about some of those possible implimentation questions.
Would be interesting to hear, and I'll be looking forward to your reply.
Take care, and have a great rest of your Sunday!

keith - you are in danger of giving john-q a swelled-up head. next thing you know, he will make us all start calling him "mister q" like on a james-bond movie.

Keith Hinton

LOL.
If I'm in danger of swelling John-Q's head, then I apologize in advance! I'm sure he'll get a laugh out of that one for sure.