Maybe moving

MikeG

I've currently got an old business website running at Startlogic that is in desperate need of an update. The developer I'm going to use (a former microsoft type) wants to develop the new site using bootstrap, ASP.NET, & MVC. It will initially be a simple site that we may add features to later. More "brochure-ware" than anything else. I also have about 10 POP3 email accounts (nothing is left on the server) on the domain. My question is about moving the domain.

I currently have other domains (one that is used for email only) I was considering moving the unused domain/email to Interserver and letting her use that to develop the new website. When it is done, I'll just move the domain/email to Interserver and trash the code, etc over at Startlogic. Is this a reasonable approach? Anyone got a better idea? Thanks

Quags

Administrator
Staff member
I see no issues with that on a standard webhosting plan (windows). You can have multiple addon domains including email. So you can move some over first, and develop others at interserver. There is a way to preview the site before the domain is actually moved. Then when done change over the domain to the new hosting.

MikeG

"There is a way to preview the site before the domain is actually moved." Interesting, care to elaborate?

Quags

Administrator
Staff member
ON windows there is something called site preview, so there is a url that will display the domain as it would look before the domain points over. So it is a very long url based on the server you are on that points to the location the files are.