Migration From Godaddy To Interserver Hosting

malikhameed

Hi
Yesterday I Talked To Interserver Support About Hosting..As iam Kinda Sick Of Godaddy Sluggish Hosting...I Wanted To Migrate.. Support Promised Me Taking Care Of Whole Migration And Backup Process....So i Bought Hosting With Interserver And A Dedicated IP As Well....As i have to leave Go Daddy ASASP...(My Site is Almost Dead or Very Slow From Many Hours)
I Raised Ticket and Asked Them to Migrate my site... I sent Them Cpanel Access (Login)...
But Still Even After 15 Hours My Website is Not Migrated From Godaddy To Interserver....There May be Any Issues,But Go daddy is a BIG Company, So You Interserver Guys Are Professional As Well and you guys should know how to do Migrate or Create Backup And Do Every Thing Relating...
i Just wanted My Same Wordpressd Posts, plugins And Traffic.....
My Domain With Godaddy is jobs4pak.com and hosting plan with them as well
i want same domain , Same website Content, Same Traffic viewers,,, But only change will be of hosting,,,, interserver instead godaddy.... kindly Help me.... and solve this issue.. istead Sending Tickets Confirming that you guys Can't DO Any Thing .. iam waiting...Thanks

Quags

Administrator
Staff member
I had downloaded a full backup on the account, after a long delay in the cpanel -> generate a full backup on the other hosts side. This restored, so the next step is: checking the interserver cpanel that the files, email accounts, sub domains and other settings match. If so, it is ready for a dns change.

is this a wordpress site? (it looks like one as per line 39 i the index.php) - you can use wordpress-duplicator which works surprisingly well and is very easy.

and always remember: "Friends dont let friends use Godaddy" - yes their superbowl ads are entertaining but that's about all they are good for.

a quick (but possibly unaccurate) way is to use httrack - you can grab your entire website that way. but be warned that any php stuff gets lost along the way.

is this a wordpress site? (it looks like one as per line 39 i the index.php) - you can use wordpress-duplicator which works surprisingly well and is very easy.

and always remember: "Friends dont let friends use Godaddy" - yes their superbowl ads are entertaining but that's about all they are good for.

a quick (but possibly unaccurate) way is to use httrack - you can grab your entire website that way. but be warned that any php stuff gets lost along the way.
Thanks for suggesting wordpress duplicator and httrack. I have never used these service. However, I may need to use one of these service soon.