Moving everything from one cPanel account to another

MoBowen

I currently have around 10 sites hosted elsewhere - most of them are WordPress sites. Is there a way to move everything from one cPanel account to another? Or would I have to move each site individually?

Thank you for any advice you can offer.

this may not be the answer you want to hear, but i have totally fallen in love with virtualmin/webmin - its really a drop-in replacement for cPanel.

and by using the v-min tools, it makes mincemeat of the task you describe !

here are some instructions on how to do migrate

and since virtualmin/webmin is a lot cheaper than cPanel, you will be able to make a donation to the 'mark iPad fund'.

note: moving wordpress is never really that easy. i know WP has some export/import features, but personally i like using the mysqldump option instead for the database. this way you can check your entire database in case your old IP number happens to be in there for some reason.

Quags

Administrator
Staff member
The option in cpanel you are looking for is backup->generate a full backup

This can be used to easily restore an account on a new server with all settings (cpanel/mail/domans/mysql).

MoBowen

Thanks Mark for the tip about virtualmin/webmin. I always think I'm super webhosting savvy, but I'd actually never heard of it. (I'd love to make a donation, but that darn dog ate my wallet.)

John... are you saying that all the settings on the new server must be the same as the old server?

Thank you!

Quags

Administrator
Staff member
If you have cpanel on both ends, the cpmove file can be restored getting the entire site, email, mysql and sub domains.

Otherwise its a manual move.