mysql

Ellen

Are mysql databases housed on ssd? What is uptime % for mysql? This is a very small database used for a once-per-year golf tournament. There is no website per se--just need a shared database as backend for a MS Access program, so our needs are minimal, but crucial during tournament time. Current host has been a nightmare!

Quags

Administrator
Staff member
Hello Ellen,
On Linux shared hosting mysql is on ssd. The speeds really would vary based on your latency to the server. What country/state are you coming from?

Shared hosting has a 45 concurrent mysql query limit. There are ssd openvz vps's as well that the limit could be changed.

Ellen

I am in North Carolina, USA. This application is truly overkill--there are about ten little old ladies with access to this Access db, and only a couple are likely to open it at the same time for a few days leading up to the yearly tournament. It is merely a way for people from different cities to share up-to-date info. Do you have any other options for mysql access for someone who doesn't need or want a website?

Ellen

hostadvice.com review of interserver lists as a Con that you have no guaranteed uptime for shared plans. That sounds ominous! Is it true? Also, (dumb question) I would be transferring the domain to you; so I would just add $1.99 per year to maintain it?