Outlook: already begun transmitting this message

Quags

Administrator
Staff member
Just ran into this problem recently where the outlook mail client says "outlook has already begun transmitting this message"

When this happens the email can not be removed from the outbox. It also was never sent to the server. The solution I came up with was to go off line (disconnect network connection), close and restart outlook and then delete the message.

Violescent

I've had problems with outgoing mail in my Outlook, as well. There are times when an outgoing message just seems to get stuck, and it won't let itself be sent. It sits in my outgoing mail, and there is nothing I can do to get it to "send". I usually end up just sending a new one.

belvacruiz

I have also experienced the same problem and sometimes i just end the whole process in task manager then start all over again.

Sal Radler

I have also experienced the same problem and sometimes i just end the whole process in task manager then start all over again.
I do the same thing whenever I am faced with this problem. The problem is that sometimes, even when you have forced quit the program, the mail is still sitting in your outbox. The only real solution that I have found as of yet is to disconnect my internet connection and only then start the program; always works.

hydrlon

I'd say outlook is a terrible email provider, and if you can you should change the email provider you use to something more commonplace like gmail or yahoo.