Please help chose a right VPS for me.

Dilshan

Basically we email marketing company, we need to sent out 150000-200000 emails. so please tell me what is suitable for me. I just new to interserve.net. waiting to order a vps. also I uploded a image here, Please tell me what to chose.

we need to emails without any limitation, I hope i will get answered soon.

Attachments

Quags

Administrator
Staff member
For email marketing a VPS is not the best option, at least not simply a vps. Please first note that interserver vps's are not permitted to be used for bulk mailing - so based on what you have mentioned it is unlikely that your usage complies with interserver's terms of service.

If you did go with a VPS you must use a smart host for the mail system, an external mail provider. I personally use and recommend mailchannels smtp relay at http://www.mailchannels.com/products/smtp-relay/

Mailchannels is something that could be included in a VPS cost to permit double opt in mailing. Please contact sales @ interserver.net if interested.

Actually you're requiring some quite much emails. What about a dedicated server only for the email managament where you'll put the services like SMTP and IMAP4 instead of a VPS? I guess it won't handle the amount of traffic and storage of 200k emails.

llfsa

Actually you're requiring some quite much emails. What about a dedicated server only for the email managament where you'll put the services like SMTP and IMAP4 instead of a VPS? I guess it won't handle the amount of traffic and storage of 200k emails.
Seems like a more reasonable solution to me

Kyler

A dedicated server or something that is specifically made for it would be the best, you could look at the specs and actually compare and come up with the best one to do with the best price.

GeeCee

I concur with the above. There is no way you should be using a VPS if you're handling that much e-mail. In fact, you actually need a dedicated e-mail server, not anything that you're putting together yourself. If you try to send this amount of e-mail on a non-dedicated IP for that kind of thing, it's more than likely your service will shut you down after complaints start coming in. And one more thing, if you don't have a list that is a double opt in, you're going to be very hard-pressed finding a server service that will do that.

deanhills

Agreed. I wouldn't use a VPS. I wouldn't even use a Website for it. I'd use a dedicated mail host. Reason being that all of the Web hosts have very strict rules about mass e-mail campaigns, better go with an e-mail host who knows how to work with mass e-mail campaigns.

Zoho is quite good as you can use your domain name for them to host you. Here is their mass mail guidelines and policy:
https://www.zoho.com/crm/help/email/mass-email.html

And some more info about their CRM (Customer Relationship Management) Service. Not sure what their pricing is but maybe you could ask them. This is their general pricing - probably for mass mails it will be different:
https://www.zoho.com/crm/zohocrm-pricing.html

Last edited: