[Resolved] Possibility of adding extra disk space.

Discussion in 'Feature Requests' started by Derek Demuro, Feb 5, 2014.

Thread Status:
This thread is more than 60 days old.
  1. Derek Demuro

Derek Demuro New Member

Disk space sometimes is an issue, and maybe it's not necessary to do a full VPS snapshot but can be useful to be able to expand the disk space without adding more slices, probably not even for hosting, but for snapshot storing etc?.

I think with this long time in Interserver I've seen the option before but it disappeared, maybe because its not cost efficient?, we struggle quite often with disk space [not right now] but at times, and would be awesome if that could happen.

2. Quags

Quags Administrator Staff Member

You can purchase just disk space in my.interserver.net by selecting the vps. The option is purchase additional HD space.

You can also create up to 4 snapshots of the vps in my.interserver.net -> select the vps and on the left side is a backup option. This does not use your disk space but uses our swift storage.

3. Derek Demuro

Derek Demuro New Member

John,

I couldn't find the option to purchase additional disk space at my.interserver.net.

Thank you, I knew about the snapshots, but... I can't seem to find the option, I remember in the panel before it got modified it was there.
    That's why I said it would be cool to have it back. I'm uploading how I see the panel.

Attached Files:

• int.png
      int.png
      File size:
      93.7 KB
      Views:
  4. Quags

Quags Administrator Staff Member

Checked into it, currently OpenVZ only can purchase additional space (non ssd).

This is because KVM can not shrink like openvz well, so adding then removing disk space is a problem.

For backups the options are;

BACKUPS

Backup VPS
    Restore VPS
    Download/Manage Backups

And are available for everyone.

5. Joe Huss

Joe Huss Administrator Staff Member

From your VPS Details / View VPS page:
    Untitled.png

Takes you to this screen:
    Purchase Additional Drive Space Form.png