Softaculous backups disappeared.

Jarrell

The backups for one of my domains have disappeared and the last one I have is from Oct. 8th in Softaculous. I have my site set to backup every day. The backups are gone. I did a live chat and the rep escalated my ticket but I am wondering if anyone has any ideas. This domain was for one of my customers who just lost their data and I was expecting to find a backup as the daily backups were set to retain the last three days.

If anyone from InterServer is able to take a look at the ticket that would be great. The ticket number is VHA-246-67496.

Quags

Administrator
Staff member
Softaculous backups do auto clean themselves. This would be the most likely cause, but I will have someone dig deeper into the ticket.

I personally recommend jetbackup for better backups (they are remote) and enabled already. You can snapshot if the account is under certain limits.

Jarrell

Thanks, Quags. I have a barbershop customer that lost all of their appointment data and I am trying to do everything that I can to help them get it back. Would Softaculous have a trash bin on the server that can be used to restore the deleted backups?

Quags

Administrator
Staff member
It is likely the data is in jetbackup (or we have it stored remotely -> manual mysql backups are taken off jetbackup)

Depending on the server we may have a snapshot. Can you PM me the domain.