Some Questions

EscapeShow

Hi - I attempted to ask this over chat, but I only managed to get a one sentence response with just a link.
I've seen Quag respond with alot of helpful advice here, so I will take my shot here:
I currently have a VPS with 1and1 and their support is under par. I'm shopping around for new hosts. What I am looking for is:
1. Windows 2008 VPS
2. The ability to run our Ice Cast internet radio station (talk show podcasts, indie music)
3. To run our station website, offering downloadable podcasts, mp3's, etc
4. A small sharepoint site for admin of our station.

What I'd like to know if any of this is against your TOS? Would you be able to transfer a Wordpress based Website from site 5? Do you have a package you'd recommend to accomplish this?

Quags

Administrator
Staff member
Based on what you are looking for:

windows 2008 vps 1 slice will run $10. There is no issue with a radio station, I think 1 slice can work for most since they are not intensive resource wise. You need a webserver, xamp might be able to get you what you need. On a windows vps you have admin access to install software like a webserver. Sharepoint would need to be set up on your end.

For wordpress, a shared hosting plan or managed wordpress plan, not a windows vps, can be used to migrate a wordpress site. As long as the db and files are accessible we can move it. Site5 uses cpanel so that would be accessible.

EscapeShow

Based on what you are looking for:

windows 2008 vps 1 slice will run $10. There is no issue with a radio station, I think 1 slice can work for most since they are not intensive resource wise. You need a webserver, xamp might be able to get you what you need. On a windows vps you have admin access to install software like a webserver. Sharepoint would need to be set up on your end.

For wordpress, a shared hosting plan or managed wordpress plan, not a windows vps, can be used to migrate a wordpress site. As long as the db and files are accessible we can move it. Site5 uses cpanel so that would be accessible.
Is it possible to increase the VPS storage at all? Also I can manage the Sharepoint install, thats no problem.
How does this work with a domain as well? does the domain only point to the wordpress plan, VPS, or both?

Quags

Administrator
Staff member
I responded to your ticket on this, but for other people who are checking: At this time up to 100GB disk space can be added at 10cents per GB.

Misty

Your prices look very reasonable. I had been putting off webhosting for the longest, because I thought it would cost me an arm and a leg.