VPS Slices

Rick

I have a question about VPS slices.

How does it work?

Let's say I buy 16 slices, is the upload/download speed still shared? Will it be 1Gbps, or?

Quags

Administrator
Staff member
Hello,
At 16 slices you get a VPS with 16GB ram and 16TB bandwidth / month. It is still a shared system and bandwidth is shared among the other vps's.

For unshared systems there are quickservers, which are most similar to VPS's and dedicated servers. A quick server uses the same my.interserver.net panel, the main difference is you are getting all the hardware resources from the server in a KVM instance and no one else shares the system.

Hello,
At 16 slices you get a VPS with 16GB ram and 16TB bandwidth / month. It is still a shared system and bandwidth is shared among the other vps's.

For unshared systems there are quickservers, which are most similar to VPS's and dedicated servers. A quick server uses the same my.interserver.net panel, the main difference is you are getting all the hardware resources from the server in a KVM instance and no one else shares the system.
What about the CPU?

Quags

Administrator
Staff member
CPU cores by slices are

1 - 4 slice - 1 core
5 - 8 slices - 2 cores
9 - 12 slices - 3 cores
13+ - 4 cores

CPU mhz is not advertised because the server configs vary and it is not guaranteed.

Quags

Administrator
Staff member
A vps can be considered a 'cloud server' - you can spin one up and get root access. From there, any software that operating system supports can be installed. A 'slice' is just the amount of resources that come on your cloud instance.