What is a QuickServer

Quags

Administrator
Staff member
InterServer quick servers are at http://www.interserver.net/kvm-quick-servers.php

A quick server is a dedicated server that runs KVM. You are the only client hosted on the machine, with access to all the resources listed. A small segment of ram / space beyond the resources listed is saved for the hostnode. The servers have two drives in raid1.

Advantages:
You get access to all the VPS features, including the backup features in my.interserver.net
Price is lower than many dedicated servers
No other clients hosted on the machine
windows and linux supported

Disadvantages:
The system runs KVM virtualization, like a VPS so there is some overhead beyond a normal dedicated server.

Keith Hinton

Hi,
So basicly, these machines themselves are dedicated boxes, but the technology is VPS.
So hear is my question then.
If we were to obtain cPanel licenses for use with our Quick servers, what license type would we need?
Also, how many IP addresses come with these servers by default?
If we added or needed additional IPs, (because) we wished to run ns1.our-Domain.com) etc, then I'm curious what that would be ultimately.
$1/IP?
I'm guessing here.
You also mention that these servers are lower than dedicated server prices-how so?
Would be curious to know that too.

Keith Hinton

I'm also taking a stab here, but I'm guessing that we could use:
cdns1.interserver.net
cdns2.interserver.net
and:
cdns3.interserver.net
if we chose as DNS servers then with our quick servers?
Or am I wrong on that.

Quags

Administrator
Staff member
Quickservers run KVM so you can use the interserver internal vps license on a quickserver.

VPS/ dedicated and quickservers can use cdns1-3.interserver.net. Those records can be created in https://my.interserver.net.

Quickservers are normally previous dedicated servers that InterServer no longer sells on our website. They tend to be older configurations.

Keith Hinton

Awesome stuff.
What's the general turn around time after submitting payment for a quick server to seeing it online I wonder?
I'm also curious as to if I'd need to log into the InterServer management portal to see if the server is ready or not.
Think I'll pick one up.
Also, I'm curious to know how much bandwidth allowance is included.

Quags

Administrator
Staff member
Bandwidth: 100 mbps unmetered
managed: yes, if you choose a control panel

I believe you have the quckserver already

M4erSam

Quickservers run KVM so you can use the interserver internal vps license on a quickserver.

VPS/ dedicated and quickservers can use cdns1-3.interserver.net. Those records can be created in https://my.interserver.net.

Quickservers are normally previous dedicated servers that InterServer no longer sells on our website. They tend to be older configurations.
Does this mean I could resell vps's ?

Quags

Administrator
Staff member
A quickserver could run an openvz vps set up, just not a KVM set up.

Using a control panel like solusvm, a billing system like blesta or WHMCS, you could sell vps's on a quick server.

AwesomeBoxxy

Hi,

Thanks for the info. I've seen the name around for some time, but I never really figured out what a "QuickServer" was.
I'll take a look at the URL, maybe I'll purchase one aswell.