What is the best web host you have used?

Status
Not open for further replies.

calebmelvern

I still see a lot of posts about free web hosting on various forums, and as you may very well know, free isn't usually the best option. So I am wondering if you guys can share the best web hosting service you have used. This may encourage beginners to explore more options and let them know that they don't need to spend a lot of money to get started.

Right now, I am using MDDHosting and Servinio. Servinio is really cheap. You can host 1 domain at just $2 a month. The cheapest plan at MDDHosting starts at around $7, if I remember right.

How about you guys? Mind sharing your favorite web host?

themonk3y

The only web hosting I have used is hosting24. They have a basic plan and a pro plan, the basic plan costs around $ 5 a month and the pro plan costs around $ 8 a month. Their services are really good, they offer a free domain with the basic plan. Their server up time is really great which was more than 99% for me in the last month.

prey

I've been recently into 000webhost for their "free" webhosting plans, but it isn't worth it whatsoever. It's good for newstarters or children that can't get $5 out of their parents' pockets to invest them in and would still like to make a gaming website. Like I've already said, it isn't worth it, but they do offer some nice paid plans with 99.5% up-time for as low as $2!!
Right now, I host my site through hostgator because it's rather cheap and of good quality ( their customer support is very friendly and experienced, they will promptly fix any issues you might have).

themonk3y

I've been recently into 000webhost for their "free" webhosting plans, but it isn't worth it whatsoever. It's good for newstarters or children that can't get $5 out of their parents' pockets to invest them in and would still like to make a gaming website. Like I've already said, it isn't worth it, but they do offer some nice paid plans with 99.5% up-time for as low as $2!!
Right now, I host my site through hostgator because it's rather cheap and of good quality ( their customer support is very friendly and experienced, they will promptly fix any issues you might have).
I have used 000webhost when I was a beginner, I had a couple of blogs with them and a website. The results I had with them were ok considering they were providing the services for free. You are right it is a good web hosting for starters and children to play around but it is not for professionals. They do not offer paid plans that cheap, I am with their paid plan. Their paid plan is actually hosting24 where I am paying around $5 per month. You are right about the up time. The up time with hosting24 is more than 99%.

prey

It's been a while since I haven't used it, for 2 years or so. Back then, they had paid hosting plans, too, with the money I've mentioned as well. I don't know how is it right now, but I wouldn't get back to it either. :)

prey

Hostgator, definitely. I'm ensured 99.8% up-time, great responsivness with a pretty low price, starting from $6! That's really a bargain price, if you ask me.

themonk3y

It's been a while since I haven't used it, for 2 years or so. Back then, they had paid hosting plans, too, with the money I've mentioned as well. I don't know how is it right now, but I wouldn't get back to it either. :)
I have been using their paid plan and it has been over 7 months since I started using it. Their paid plan is a completely different web hosting, which is hosting24.com they normally charge around $5 for a month on the silver plan but I bought it on the new years sale which gave me a 50% discount. Their up time is really good, according to my last months pingdom report the up time was more than 99%.

Jacobr5000

I started out using GoDaddy. It worked out alright when I had a very basic website that did not require many features. At that time all I was looking for was the cheapest web hosting. Now, I have moved on to Dreamhost (for quite a bit more $). It can do numerous things that GoDaddy could not and I have not had many problems with them at all.

calebmelvern

Thanks for mentioning hosting24. I haven't heard about their service before. I'll check them out.

As for HostGator, I have heard that a lot of users are experiencing a lot of downtime. Recently, I read that a company named EIG owns HostGator, BlueHost, and numerous other hosting companies, all of which are said to have terrible downtime. I'm not 100% sure though as I haven't used any of the hosting services under EIG.

I've also read many negative reviews about GoDaddy.

themonk3y

Thanks for mentioning hosting24. I haven't heard about their service before. I'll check them out.

As for HostGator, I have heard that a lot of users are experiencing a lot of downtime. Recently, I read that a company named EIG owns HostGator, BlueHost, and numerous other hosting companies, all of which are said to have terrible downtime. I'm not 100% sure though as I haven't used any of the hosting services under EIG.

I've also read many negative reviews about GoDaddy.
Almost all the web hosting companies are same. They will have down times from time to time. The same web hosting might prove to be good for one user and it might not work for another. Depending on the users requirements and not every one's website is being hosted on the same server.

Personally for me the best web host that I have used by far is hostgator because of there great support, prices, up time, and features. Plus it is very popular with other people so there are plenty of guides about how to set something up.

coltonaron

Having a website is almost mandatory for any business. The choice on how you can host your website ultimately comes down to two choices. Based upon these things the result of website review and traffic will be depended. So, We have to take it a very important aspect of any business.

Gaming DDoS Protection

calebmelvern

Almost all the web hosting companies are same. They will have down times from time to time. The same web hosting might prove to be good for one user and it might not work for another. Depending on the users requirements and not every one's website is being hosted on the same server.
Exactly. What's the best for one may be the worst for another. I am just wondering about how bad the down times really are at hostgator and other hosting services under EIG. I've stayed away from them since day 1 because people say they'll screw you up. Have you used any hosting services under EIG? Perhaps HostGator, BlueHost, or iPage?

I think that the best web hosting is iPage:
free Domain Included
unlimited space and Bandwidth (it's a great option because you will not need to buy more bandwidth and won't need to worry about how much space you have left to use)
unlimited Email Accounts
free Site-Building Tools
free Security Suite
1GB Cloud Storage

alash

I use and have done for years "OVH". OVH have been great for me and for the prices you pay I would'nt expect anything more. OVH are a unmanaged provider and I have 2 vps and 2 dedicated servers with them.

Their support isnt anything to be desired, it is slow at times but to be honest they have a great control panel that has every tool you can think of which means it's not often you need support. If you don't know how to manage a server then OVH are not for you but if you do they are a great provider.

Alash

Ryan Maxey

I use and have done for years "OVH". OVH have been great for me and for the prices you pay I would'nt expect anything more. OVH are a unmanaged provider and I have 2 vps and 2 dedicated servers with them.

Their support isnt anything to be desired, it is slow at times but to be honest they have a great control panel that has every tool you can think of which means it's not often you need support. If you don't know how to manage a server then OVH are not for you but if you do they are a great provider.

Alash
I've had the opposite experience with their VPS servers, they tend to be slow, unstable as a result of heavy overloading by what I see. In peak times (middle of the day Saturday/Sunday, they seem especially unreliable, which would seem to be a result of added use on overloaded hardware.

For web hosting, Interserver was always good to me, unlimited 'fair' use, cPanel, decent support, etc. For the past year or so I haven't had a shared plan with any provider, I use Nginx and custom compile it for my needs, and PHP-FPM on Debian servers.

i have used westhost for years, until they were taken over (and hopelessly polluted) by some British company. before that, network solutions (very overpriced)

godaddy is awful.

the best one i have ever used is interserver !

The best web host that I have used by far is Hostgator because it provides quality uptime and many features with great customer support but on top of that it is also extremely cheap for what it offers.

quarterbreed

"free" webhosting plans, but it isn't worth it whatsoever. It's good for newstarters or children that can't get $5 out of their parents' pockets to invest them in and would still like to make a gaming website. Like I've already said, it isn't worth it, but they do offer some nice paid plans with 99.5% up-time for as low as $2!!

Chasedood85

For the last couple of years I have been using 1and1. Their customer service is excellent as well as the prices. I have been using it on multiple sites for a number of years and have never ran into any major problems with them.

The best web host that I have ever used is hostgator by far just because they are cheap offer a bunch of different useful features and they are simple and effective to use.

Chasedood85

The best web host that I have found for the feature that I need and a great price is 1and1. They have everything that I need and have a decent price for the service.n I wouldn't recommend going with a tree hosting site. The reason being is because it might be good now, but later on down the road if your site was to take off and become a huge success, then you will find that the free host doesn't have the features and security that you need.

edthebig

The only web hosting I have used is hosting24. They have a basic plan and a pro plan, the basic plan costs around $ 5 a month and the pro plan costs around $ 8 a month. Their services are really good, they offer a free domain with the basic plan. Their server up time is really great which was more than 99% for me in the last month.
Yep! This! They have amazing up time, I have never had a problem with them so far.

CandraLovell

I used to be with dreamhost and bluehost. I've been running websites for over 15 years both my own and my clients. These two companies were great when they were starting out, but lost the plot when they got bigger. The customer support went from 10/10 to 1/10 in both cases. Living in Europe I need 24/7 support that is knowledgeable, responsive and honest. These guys were applying patches/turning services off/on and modifying security without any warnings or customer info. The standard answer to any problem was "check the faq" so I did I said "faq" you very much and moved to siteground whilst they might not be the cheapest I have found them to be one of the fastest. And the support is rock solid, helpful, understanding, fast and know what they are doing.

Rowe992

Well I have not used many web hosting providers but I like hostgator because its affordable and has great customer service and also the features are great. When you talk about free web hosting then I have to say 1freehosting because its easy to get your domain name approved and the features are great for setting up a website even if you are new to website building.

SuperiorCallz

So far, WebFaction has been the best web host I've used so far. Their support is great, their community is amazing and their control panel is absolutely great. It's really intuitive and simple to use. :)

Sarleons

In the past I was looking for a cheap and reliable hosting provider with the ability to host ASP .Net pages. The “Planet Small Business” was really good option for such a purpose, but recently I have found that 1and1 could do the job with much more efficiency and with much richer options and even cheaper thanks to its offers and promotions. Therefore I am thinking to migrate into it.

Based on the reviews, Go Daddy, Hostgator, Big Rock, iPage are some of the most used web hosting.However, I am using namecheap. Namecheap's web hosting package is one of the lowest in the market. Service is also very reliable.

Status
Not open for further replies.