wordpress is loading slow on my vps

Discussion in 'General Support' started by YanniFan, May 3, 2017.

Thread Status:
This thread is more than 60 days old.
  1. YanniFan

YanniFan New Member

Hi,

My VPS server specs:

1 cpu core
    2GB RAM
    50GB SSD
    Windows 2012 OS

I installed wordpress via the Web Platform installer, then I loaded the blog in the browser right away without making any changes to wordpress. It took 3 seconds to load any of the blog pages -- 3 seconds of a blank white screen. I tried connecting to the blog via the ip address only but still the 3 second delay persists. I have a personal website hosted on the same VPS server and it loads instantly. I live in Pittsburgh, PA and the VPS is being hosted at the NJ datacenter. I have not noticed this delay in other wordpress blog sites; they load instantly. I have my domain name registered with 1 and 1 hosting, but, like I said, I still see the 3 second delay even when directly connecting to the blog with the VPS server ip address. What could be the issue?

Thanks.

2. Quags

Quags Administrator Staff Member

I'd recommend based on the above we move the vps and wordpress to a linux vps with https://www.interserver.net/vps/breadbasket.html

The reason would be it would be much easier to optimize:

nginx + php-fpm is supported
    wordpress cache with nginx is easy to set up
    gzip /deflate for faster loading
    mysql or mariadb with query caching

Its hard to say specifically what the windows problem could be but, in my experience wordpress runs better on the above set up. A blank page could simply mean php memory limit is too low although.

Thread Status:
This thread is more than 60 days old.