You're favourite type of laptop/computer?

I am currently a Lenovo laptop owner, but in the past I used to own a HP laptop.
Both of those laptops are very good quality at least in my opinion.
What experience have you got with you're laptop/s? And what one would you like to have as you're dream laptop? I would love to own the Mac OS X.

sixxup

I own a HP laptop. I have been using it for six months now. I have never travelled without it. It has made me a lot of money through being online. Am not planning to buy a new one for now.

Benson

I own one HP, One Acer and One Dell laptop. I prefer the Hp even if all of them serve me well. The reason I prefer the HP might just be that I am too used to the it. When you get too acquainted to something, it is difficult not to appreciate it. The others have not troubled me in anyway. It's just that I have not really had the time to examine their worth. I have examined the Acer for some months now, and I am very satisfied with it. I am satisfied with the laptops I have used so far. Probably, I am still to meet a laptop model that will disappoint me, but so far, I am satisfied with the few I have used. Despite all, I enjoy more working with my desktop. I am already used to the desktop and prefer it to the laptop.

I own a HP laptop. I have been using it for six months now. I have never travelled without it. It has made me a lot of money through being online. Am not planning to buy a new one for now.
So, you are generally satisfied with it? How do you make money online? :p

wilsonjr

Most of the time I am on my desktop, 2 monitors and a nice mechanical keyboard, but I have an old Lenovo Thinkpad that I carry around for working on the move. The battery is a bit knackered though, but the machine itself is plenty fast enough for my purpose. Just don't try watching a film on it when its not plugged in!!

Most of the time I am on my desktop, 2 monitors and a nice mechanical keyboard, but I have an old Lenovo Thinkpad that I carry around for working on the move. The battery is a bit knackered though, but the machine itself is plenty fast enough for my purpose. Just don't try watching a film on it when its not plugged in!!
You mean that the battery goes out quickly? I've noticed that too, it's quite annoying when you're watching something. :(

GeeCee

Actually, I had a Acer that performed like a champ. I actually ended up giving it to my daughter, which I sometimes regret. The Toshiba I bought to replace it is faster, but it runs like crap sometimes.

Actually, I had a Acer that performed like a champ. I actually ended up giving it to my daughter, which I sometimes regret. The Toshiba I bought to replace it is faster, but it runs like crap sometimes.
Why wouldn't you swap the laptops with your daughter? Give her the Toshiba and get Acer back?

appleannie

I have had an HP desktop and HP laptop in the past. Many people have stated that there is nothing like owning a Dell. I have heard statements along the line that once you own a Dell, you will never own another brand of computer. I must disagree. I loved my HP. When I purchase a new laptop over the winter at sometime, I am intending to let Microsoft hammer out all the glitches in Windows 10 before I get another one, I will be getting another HP.

I currently own an Acer Aspire E14 laptop, and so far, I am loving its features, speed, and performance. I bought it a year ago and it's still working pretty great. I use it for working online and it never disappoints me. But of course, I would want to have my own HP laptop computer someday, or a Mac Pro.

I have had an HP desktop and HP laptop in the past. Many people have stated that there is nothing like owning a Dell. I have heard statements along the line that once you own a Dell, you will never own another brand of computer. I must disagree. I loved my HP. When I purchase a new laptop over the winter at sometime, I am intending to let Microsoft hammer out all the glitches in Windows 10 before I get another one, I will be getting another HP.
I don't think that Dell is a good laptop. My friend has a Dell and it often has different bugs.
Yeah, HP laptops are very good, I can say based on my experience too. :D

Jordan94

Macbook pro for me. As in desktop I would have to say Windows All In One. That's what I'm using right now. I've had it for about a year, and so far it's held up pretty well. It's not the best, but it gets the job done.

Tuebec

I've always been a Toshiba person. I have no really logical explanation for the preference, other than that the first two computers I bought with my own money growing up were Toshiba laptops, and they lasted a long time. Their repairs service under warranty is also very good, and I've never had a problem with cheap hardware.

SirJoe

I too have a lenovo laptop and I'm happy with the performance but not too happy with the build quality. When I bought it gave priority to the characteristics of the computer and didn't give much importance to the build quality. i have had it for about 8 months and the keyboard is already showing some near and tear.

desktop: DIY - gigabyte motherboard & amd - distant second, dell.
laptop: acer - you can very easily get to the battery, memory, ssd
tablet: nexus android

i have had horrible luck with HP stuff (except printers) and their former CEO should resign the GOP race.

Tuebec

Mark, my family and I have had very bad experiences with HP as well. I don't even look at them any more when shopping around, doesn't matter what specs. We've had one too many issues with hardware, software, and customer service.

sharpMe

Hi,

I would prefer a desktop over laptop, because life line of the desktop pc is more than that of laptop. If you are talking about the configuration, then i would prefer more Ram, and hard disk.

thanks

djordjem87

I have a Toshiba satellite and it is good for the money. My sister ruined it a bit with windows. It was full of viruses and it was running slow but now with Linux it is doing just fine. It is fast enough for a mid class laptop. I so not prefer desktop PCs because i started to be annoyed by all the cables, inability to be moved a lot and of course the space consuming problem is always an issue for me.

artyarson

I'm currently using Acer and have no complaints. Recently I got myself a new mobile phone or a smartphone how it's called. Made by Prestigio. Low price and considerably good quality.

Feather

I think an HP Laptop is the best type of Laptop and an Dell Computer is the best type of computer, these days. Both companies provide the fastest and best service so that's where my opinion comes from.

P.S: I have a Dell Computer. :giggle:

cortana

I like Asus. The one I bought has a super HD screen and what appears to be a dual exhaust fan setup in the back. It's a powerful gaming rig that I use for work.

it weighs like 25 lbs and I need to get a tablet to accommodate it for when I want to sit on the couch and browse nonsense like Facebook.

cortana

I have a Toshiba satellite and it is good for the money. My sister ruined it a bit with windows. It was full of viruses and it was running slow but now with Linux it is doing just fine. It is fast enough for a mid class laptop. I so not prefer desktop PCs because i started to be annoyed by all the cables, inability to be moved a lot and of course the space consuming problem is always an issue for me.
I had a Satellite for 10+ years no issues. I still have it, but it finally started to slow down. It still works, but takes forever to load things now with all the modern tech. It even has windows XP for for throwback Thursdays!

phlux

I've been a Lenovo user for years. I stand by them because they're the first laptop brand that I've been able to use with various Linux distributions "out-of-the-box." No more firmware cutters! Hooray!

I've put the Lenovos through hell in the past, too. Some of them run Gentoo Linux, and I've had the CPU temperature go up to nearly 80C during compile times, and I've suffered no long-term effects. Unfortunately, when the CPU temperature gets this high, it renders the computer more or less useless until compilation is complete. That's why I run Arch Linux on my "daily driver," laptop: it uses packages instead of source.

hop0n

Lenovo laptops usually come in affordable prices and their quality has increased significantly over the past years, so this is a good choice. As of now my laptop is an HP.

Currently I am using Compaq, a company that was acquired by HP. My laptop is six years old and I have never experienced major problems. I have also used HP. However, if I am to buy a new laptop, I will be using Dell Inspirion or Sonny Viao

ellyjude

I currently own a Dell latitude D610 but i am planning to shift to mini laptops. This is because i believe they will suit the type of work i am currently doing. Anyone please recommend any good mini laptop you know of.

Currently, I'm using a Macbook laptop. It's the first time I have tried it because before, we used to purchase HP, Compaq or Dell laptops. And those are great laptops, never had a problem with them until they died on me. And even when they died, they were able to hold up for quite some years. They were easy to use and has a good hardware. They were able to cater to all my needs.

But once I started using the Macbook, my thoughts changed, it is a life-changing experience. At first, you'll be at lost but when you start getting the hang of it, you'll find that it is more organised, has a better interface and also charges very fast.

dStMars

I am a huge fan of Apple Macbook products. I think that these are some of the smoothest interfaced laptops that I have ever worked on. Also it is at no disadvantage nowadays that we can use Things like Virtuashare or Parallels Desktop that will allow us to use Windows programs on a Mac OS system. I honestly don't see any reason to go back to using a Windows operated laptop or PC. They do have their perks but they just don't make the cut.

djinter

I wanted a macbook, so I bought one second hand. I have to say, the excitement faded away after a while - the quality of video and all was amazing, but I am a windows and linux guy through and through. So, I sold it for a higher price :D and have used Toshiba,DEll, hp, etc. All of them are good and bad in a variety of ways.