7 Easy Ways To Check Performance Of Your Site
Posted on March 17th, 2022
You can easily enhance the impressions, visibility, and user experience of your site. But for that, you need to analyze the performance and page loading time. The complete insights of the performance report will help you in improving the website response time. However, the website benchmarking tool will give you all the details of performance that will help you to make a seamless web experience for your users. Monitoring and optimizing are key aspects of SERP.
Thus, the tools provide multiple options for test device options. Usually, after installing any plugin or security tools, you should test the performance of the site in order to check the impact on page load-time. The tools also show the report of SEO and security check of your site. Basically, it helps you to faster the speed of the web pages load time by tips
There are various benchmarking tools that provide a full performance report. But not all come with reliable statistical data; the below tools mentioned are the best website performance checker tools that helps you understand the report. Also, they provide tips to improve the area which is required to enhance the page speed.
List of Best Website Performance Checker Tool
Here, we have mentioned the list of website checker tools, which will give the performance report and tips for improvements.
- WebPage Test
- Google Pagespeed Insights
- Website Grader
These 7 tools will help you check the current performance of your site with ease. In the results, These tools will provide you the information to help you improve the overall performance of your site. We will discuss each tool in detail, Let’s get started with the best, GTMetrix!
GTmetrix is an efficient website benchmarking tool that will give you a full performance report. It will provide you enough data about your site in seconds to help you improve the overall performance of the site. The details include page speed, Yslow score, and the waterfall that are neatly summarized in the report. Moreover, you can check the individual load time of the page. The suggestions section consists of grades, type of data, and priority of data. The summary report will indicate the total page size and total requests.
Also, you can create a schedule for performance check, whether monthly, weekly, or daily, to ensure optimal performance and keep track of it. So, let’s see the basic feature of this tool in brief,
- The Pro users will get some advanced features such as simulating a device, changing the screen resolution, and adding a custom DNS, etc.
- You can slow the playbacks and view the page load in the filmstrip view in the video.
- Furthermore, the premium users will also get advanced features such as HTTP authentication, connection throttling. It also shows the URL whitelist or blacklist, and Adblock plus for security.
- You can check the performance and page load time of your site.
- You will get 6 month data retention and more than 150 weekly on demand tests in the premium version.
- The tool provides a premium test location as well. You can access more than 15 premium test locations.
GTmetrix is free to use benchmarking tool for websites. The plugin offers many features in the free version. Nevertheless, if you want to use advanced features like on demand test, global monitoring, and mobile device testing. The benchmarking tool offers three paid plans – Solo, Starter, and Growth. The Solo plan consists of 150 weekly on demand tests, 6 month data retention, and premium test locations. This plan costs $10 per month. The starter plan includes 175 weekly on demand tests and a 6 hour monitor slot. This plan retails for $20 per month. The Growth plan costs $40 per month and comes with pro analysis options, a full report in pdf, and many more.
Pingdom is one of the popular monitoring web performance tools for websites. You will have easy and affordable end-user experience monitoring, which combines synthetic and Real user monitoring. It basically leads to attain visibility and enhanced troubleshooting. The key features of Pingdom consist of uptime monitoring, real user monitoring, synthetic interaction testing and page speed monitoring. The sections include waterfall breakdown, grade, and page analysis.
The page analysis will display information such as size analysis, size per domain, the number of requests per domain, and what type of content has the most requests. It will also outline what bottlenecks are and where to make improvements. So, let’s see the basic feature of this tool in brief,
- You can check full performance reports such as waterfall breakdown, performance grade, page load time, and analysis.
- The page analysis shows the number of requests per domain and content requests as well.
- You will have tips and suggestions for optimization and performance.
- Using this tool, you will have a great monitoring user experience that consists of Synthetic monitoring and Real user monitoring.
- The tool helps you to attain visibility and enhance the troubleshooting issues on your site.
- You can perform various types of monitoring on your site using this tool, such as uptime monitoring, real user monitoring, synthetic interaction testing, page speed monitoring.
- It will provide you sharable reports and performance filtering feature as well in the premium monitoring plans.
- You will have two premium monitoring plans – Synthetic monitoring and Real-time monitoring.
Pingdom is a free website checker tool. But this tool also offers premium monitoring services – Synthetic monitoring and Real-time monitoring. Synthetic monitoring costs $10 per month and comes with ten uptime checks, one advanced check, and 50 SMS alerts. Also, the real time monitoring costs the same as Synthetic and consists of RUM page views. You can buy both at the same time if you need. Pricing will vary as per the quantity of the uptime checks and advanced checks in both monitoring plans.
WebPageTest provides individuals with efficient web performance testing infrastructure. Also, you can run free website speed tests using some advanced testing. The test includes multi-step transactions, video capture, content blocking, and many more. The advanced setting provides many options such as advance, chromium, auth, script, and custom while testing. The visual comparison also can be made via various test configurations by entering multiple URLs. It has a unique feature of the first view and repeats view.
The grade is assigned from F to A, which depends on different performance tests such as compress transfer, compress images, and effective use of CDN. The report is analyzed through various sections such as a summary report, a detail report, a performance review, and a content breakdown. So, let’s see the basic feature of this tool in brief,
- You will have a complete checklist of your site. In this section, you can check the performance of compressed images and browser caching.
- The grade is assigned from F to A. It ultimately depends on different performance tests such as compress transfer, compress images, and effective use of CDN.
- In the vital web section, you can check each web page’s total blocking time and cumulative layout shift.
- The advanced setting provides many options such as advance, chromium, auth, script, and custom while testing.
- It will also display the content breakdown by domain in the form of pie charts. Thus, you can easily interpret the requests per content.
- it also shows the visual comparison via various test configurations by entering multiple URLs.
Using WebPage Test, you can easily perform the advanced tests and simple tests completely free. You can easily test the desktop and mobile versions of the site from the web vital section. You will get multiple options for test configurations. This benchmarking tool offers many advanced features to perform the testing of your site in the free version.
Uptrends is also a monitoring tool to check the performance report. You can monitor various solutions such as web application monitoring and server monitoring, etc. Moreover, the report has two sections: waterfall and domain groups. You can easily maintain control over the third party by grouping page elements such as CDN, statistical, first-party, and the third party overall or create your own groups.
The location based report will be created by measuring minute details. The tool supports many useful protocols for your website, such as HTTP or HTTPS, Ping, DNS, SQL, etc. You can easily share the report by sending it by email in the form of a PDF or excel export. The Uptrends will send you alerts through mobile apps, voice alerts, and third party integration once it detects the errors in the performance reports. So, let’s see the basic feature of this tool in brief,
- The tool supports many useful protocols for your website, such as HTTP or HTTPS, Ping, DNS, SQL, etc.
- It allows you to share the report by sending it by email in the form of PDF or excel export.
- The Uptrends will send you alerts through mobile apps, voice alerts, and third party integration once it detects the errors in the performance reports.
- The premium plan of the tool offers various advanced monitoring. It includes API monitoring, transaction monitoring, and internal server monitoring.
- You can have more than two operators in one account using the premium version of this tool.
- You will get voice alerts whenever the error occurred while browsing the site.
Uptrends offers three paid plans – Premium, Business, and enterprise. The premium plan allows four operators in one account, uptime monitoring, real user monitoring and internal server monitoring. And this plan costs $44.44 per month. Also, the business plan includes unlimited operators, transaction monitoring, API monitoring, and many more. It retails for $21.59 per month. The enterprise plan starts from $51.58 per month.
Dotcom-monitor is one of the instant website benchmarking tools. The tool offers 23 different locations and seven browsers to run the performance test. You can run tests in parallel to save time testing your site from multiple location. You can even check the individual report of the waterfall breakdown. The report will be separated into five sections: summary, performance, waterfall chart, host, and errors. Moreover, it will also show the performance of the fastest and slowest elements.
If you want to diagnose the connectivity of the network and error, the ping test tool is provided. The tool is a cloud-based load testing platform that will give fully managed and scaled load testing results. So, let’s see the basic feature of this tool in brief,
- This benchmarking tool provides a powerful performance solution for web applications, websites, APIs, and web services.
- It offers multiple monitoring services like Web Page monitoring, performance counter monitoring, and infrastructure monitoring.
- The tool makes it easy to ensure the performance, functionality, and uptime of websites, web applications, servers, and APIs.
- If you want to diagnose the connectivity of the network and error, the ping test tool is provided.
- The tool is a cloud based load testing platform that will give fully managed and scaled load testing results.
- The report will be separated into five sections such as summary, performance, waterfall chart, host, and errors.
Dotcom-Monitor is a free website checker tool. So you can easily monitor the performance and uptime of your site for free. However, it also comes with the pro version. It offers pro plans for the Web page, web application, web services, and internet infrastructure. The plans include many advanced features. Also, the Web page plan costs $29.95 per month. The Web application retails at $38.95 per month. Also, web services cost $19.95 per month. You can also start the free trial for 30 days before purchasing the plans for any service.
6. Google Page Speed Insight
Google Page Speed Insight is an effective analyzer and optimizer for checking web performance. It will provide you two different scores, one for mobile and one for desktop. There will be other data such as speed index, time to interactive, First CPU Idle, and first meaningful paint, etc. It also suggests which area you should improve. Lab data is used for debugging performance issues. Field data is used to capture true and real-world user experience.
However, the excellent score of lab data is considered good if it is more than 90. The diagnostics provide additional information about how a page adheres to best practices for web development. So, let’s discuss the basic features of this tool in brief,
- It will display tips, which will help you speed up the page load.
- You will also get the report of other data such as speed index, time to interactive, First CPU Idle, and first meaningful paint, etc.
- A good score on lab data is considered as good if it is more than 90.
- Diagnostics provide additional information about how a page adheres to best practices for web development.
- The tool analyzes the content of a web page. Also it suggests what to do to improve the speed of that page.
Google Page Speed Insight is completely free to use. You can easily check the performance of the site and provide tips to speed up the load time of web pages.
7. Website Grader
Website grader is also one of the instant website benchmarking tools. However, the report of performance has four different sections- performance, mobile, SEO, security. In the mobile section, you will see a score out of 30. It shows how effectively your website is optimized in the mobile version.
In the SEO section, it has also scored out of 30. That indicates how easy your website is to reach out to your audience. It includes the check of a page meta description, headings, site map, etc. The security section indicates a secured website score out of 10. So, let’s discuss the basic feature of the tool in brief,
- The report is divided into four sections – Performance, mobile, SEO, and Security. You will have a score of this four-section out of 30.
- The performance consists of page size, page speed, a page request, browser caching, and page redirects.
- The SEO section includes the report of meta description, Content plugins, and permission to index.
- Mobile will give you a brief report of the mobile version of your site. It also gives you tips to improve the visibility of the mobile version.
Website Grader is also a free website performance checker tool. It will provide you recommendations for areas that are to be improved. You can check the security and SEO as well, unlike other plugins. You don’t need to pay for the pro features.
The above mentioned website checker tools help you to improve the web page speed. Also, it provides a full performance report of your site with tips. Thus, you can improvise the areas which are needed. GTmetrix is one of the best benchmarking tools. It comes with an advanced performance report. Also, it provides multiple pro test locations to generate the performance report. However, other website checker tools also give a thorough report of the performance with tips to enhance the page speed. We hope this article will help you to select the appropriate website checker tool for your site.