How to Add DMARC record in cPanel
By Jithin on October 28th, 2016
DMARC stands for “Domain-based Message Authentication, Reporting & Conformance.” DMARC is protocol that uses SPF and DKIM to determine the authenticity of an email message. DMARC requires both SPF and DKIM to fail in order for it to act on a message.
1) Login to cPanel.
2) Click Advanced Zone Editor under the Domains section.
3) Select type as TXT, enter name, TTL value as 14400 and enter the TXT Data.
4) Click Add Record to save changes.
5) This record can be listed on the Zone File Records section.
Tags used by DMARC are:
1) v: Protocol version
2) p: Policy for domain
3) pct: % of messages subjected to filtering
4) ruf: Reporting URI for forensic data
5) sp: Policy for subdomains of the domain
6) rf: Forensic reporting format
7) ri: Aggregate Reporting interval
Benefits of DMARC
1) Minimize false positives.
2) Provide robust authentication reporting.
3) Assert sender policy at receivers.
4) Reduce successful phishing delivery.
5) Work at Internet scale.
6) Minimize complexity.
7) DMARC helps the email community establish a consistent policy for dealing with messages that fail to authenticate.
8) Consuming DMARC reports increases visibility into your email program by letting you know who is sending mail from your domain.
If you need any further assistance please contact our support department.