How to Add Google Analytics to WordPress?
Google analytics is a free web analytics service provided by Google which tracks and reports website traffic. Google has launched this service in November 2005 after acquiring Urchin. Google analytics is the most widely used web analytics service on the internet today. Let’s see how we can add Google Analytics to WordPress.
1) To begin with this, firstly you need to Sign up on google analytics.
Enter your account name, site name, site URL and select the preferred time zone.
2) After entering the necessary details, you can see the option “Get Tracking Id”, click on that.
3) After proceeding with the above step, it will prompt a service agreement window. Select ‘I Accept’ after reading the agreement.
4) As the next step, it will move to the admin page. On that page, you can see a ‘Tracking ID’. Copy out that.
5) Next, you have to sign in to your WordPress dashboard and install a new plugin named ‘Google Analytics’.
6) After activating the plugin, go to your WordPress Settings and there you can see an option ‘Google Analytics’ and select that. On that page, you can see an option ‘Web property ID’. Paste the copied Tracking ID and click on ‘Save Changes’ which appears down to that.
7) Now go to your Google Analytics account and select ‘Reporting’ option. Here you can see the sessions, users, page views etc.
Hence the process is completed!
You can skip to the end and leave a response. Pinging is currently not allowed.