Allow visitors to donate on WordPress site using GiveWP Donation Plugin
By Adarsh Sojitra on September 10th, 2021
GiveWP is an effective donation plugin for WordPress in the market. Many non-profit organizations use this plugin to accept donations. Also, the plugin has affordable plans compared to other plugins. Moreover, it comes with lots of features in their basic plans. This plugin lets you create custom donation forms in WordPress. Thus, you can easily set up one-time donation options or recurring options. However, the recurring add-ons and features are available in the Pro version of this plugin. The features consist of multilevel donations, incentives, and tax-deductible donation receipts. You can manage both online as well as offline donations.
The plugin has email service integration. Thus, you can easily communicate with contributors about upcoming campaigns. If you have an online store with Woocommerce, it will let you add a donation upsell on the checkout page. GiveWP has Google Analytics integration too. Thus, you can check the donation forms and entries as well as the payment collected. Therefore, it’s easy to do eCommerce tracking using this plugin. You can also add goals, terms, and conditions alongside the option to donate considerable amounts. To accept the payment through Stripe and PayPal, you will require to connect your Stripe and PayPal account through the dashboard link.
This plugin offers over 15 payment gateway options, including PayPal and Stripe. You will be able to check the feature-rich reporting of your donation campaign. Moreover, you can have various display designs and style options. GiveWP offers a free plugin with multiple advanced features. However, if you want to use additional features, then you can upgrade the plans. So, let’s discuss the basic features of this plugin in brief,
- The plugin allows you to accept online as well as offline donations. You will have multiple payment gateway options like Stripe, PayPal in the free version.
- It will let you customize all the fields. You can easily enable or disable the fields.
- Moreover, the plugin provides 15+ options for payment gateways in the Pro version.
- You can also enable the ReCaptcha and limit the donations displayed.
- You can let your donors see their donation history by verifying the email address.
- It will allow you to select any currency types and symbol positions.
- All the settings will be within the WordPress dashboard. So in just a few clicks, you will be ready to create the donations forms using this plugin.
- You can also enable the test mode. So, the donation form will not be published or visible to visitors to donate.
- You will have two templates for multi-step donation forms and legacy donation forms in the free version.
- To accept the payment via Stripe and PayPal, you will need to connect your Stripe and PayPal account through the dashboard.
- Additionally, you can also add descriptions for terms and conditions.
- You can also activate recurring add-ons. Thus, you can provide your donors with flexible subscription giving options.
- The plugin also provides shortcodes to embed the donation forms into any page or widget or post, or sidebar on your site.
- Moreover, you can also create a thank you page and success or failed donation page using this plugin.
- If you have an online store with Woocommerce, it will let you add a donation upsell on the checkout page.
- You will also be able to set the donation goals.
- If you have the Pro version, then you can enter the license key in the license section to activate the add-ons.
- The plugin has Akismet Spam integration. Thus, it will protect your site from bot entries.
- You can also enable the tags and categories in the donation forms.
Basic and Plus plans give you a license for one site. At the same time, the Pro plan gives you a license for five sites with premium features and add-ons. The basic plan costs around $249 per year. Give-WP doesn’t charge any additional processing fees. The Plus plans cost $360, and the pro plan retails at $499 per year.
How to Install and Use GiveWP Donation Plugin
The installation process is very easy. You can just follow the simple steps mentioned below to install and activate the plugin.
Step 1: First, you need to log in to the WordPress admin dashboard.
Step 2: Now, you will see the option “Plugins” on the left-hand side panel. Click on “Plugins,” then select “Add New.”
Step 3: You will see a search bar on the top right-hand side corner. Search “Give WP Donation Plugin”
Step 4: Now, click on the “Install Now” button.
Step 5: After installation, you need to activate the Give WP Donation plugin in order to use it on your site. Now, click on “Activate.”
Now you have successfully installed and activated the plugin. You can start creating the donations forms by configuring a few settings.
How to Use GiveWP Donation Plugin
After activating the plugin on your site, you can start using this plugin on your site. To create the donation forms, you will need to do a few settings. We have explained step by step guide below on how to use this plugin,
Step 1: First, you need to go to the “Donation” option on the left-side panel of the dashboard. Then select “Settings.”
Step 2: You will see six tabs on the general settings page – General, Payment gateways, Default options, Email, License, and Advanced.
First, click on “General.” In the general tab, you will see four sections – General, currency, Access Control, Sequential ordering. In the General section, you can add the base country and its province or states. And you will be able to show the success page, failed page, and donor dashboard to the donors.
Now, Click on “Save Changes”
Step 3: Again, in the General tab, go to the “Currency” section. In this section, you can choose the currency type for accepting donations. You can also select the currency symbol positions.
Now, click on “Save Changes.”
Step 4: Now, the third section is “access control.” You can select the Email access, enable the Re-Captcha and set the limit donation displayed. Make sure to click on “Save Changes.”
Step 5: After setting the General settings, click on the second tab, “payment Gateways.” You will again have four sections in this tab – General, PayPal, Stripe, and offline donations. You can enable or disable the payment gateway options as you want. Click on “Save Changes” To accept the donations via PayPal and Stripe; you will need to connect your account.
Step 6: Now, go to the third tab, “Default options.” You will have four sections in this tab- Form fields, post types, Taxonomies, and terms & conditions. First, click on “Form fields,” You can allow donors to enter the name prefix, company field, and comments. You can also let them make anonymous donations to hide their identity publicly.
After these settings. Click on “Save Changes”.
Step 7: Now, go to “Post types.” You will need to select the post type of forms – single view or archive view. You can also set the featured image size. Click on “Save Changes”
Step 8: In the terms & conditions section, you can customize the terms as you want. Click on “Save Changes.” It is completely optional to add terms.
Step 9: If you have the license key of the Pro version, then you can add the license key in the license tab. Now, the general settings for creating donation forms are done. You can now start creating donation forms within your dashboard using this plugin. To create the forms, click on the “Add Forms” option available on the left side panel of the dashboard under “Donations.”
Step 10: you have already done the general settings. First, enter the name of the donation. Now, you can just select the templates available. However, you can also customize the settings for the individual donation form.
Step 11: After the set-up, you can publish the donation forms. You can also use the shortcode to embed the donation form into any page or post, or sidebars.
This way, you can easily create the donations forms using the Give WP donation plugin.
Give WP is the popular donation plugin for WordPress. You can easily create the donation forms using this plugin. Also, you will have various payment gateways options like Paypal and Stripe to accept the donations. You can also enable the ReCaptcha in the form. The plugin provides two templates of forms in the free version.
Moreover, Give WP also allows you to accept offline donations. You can add terms and conditions for donations. Furthermore, you can upload the featured images of any size. Thus, you just need to do a few settings, and you will be able to create the donation forms.
We have explained step by step guide on how to install and activate this plugin. You can also go through our guide on how to use or create the donation forms using the Give WP donation plugin. We hope this article helps you to create effective donation forms for your foundation or organization.