Backup Exim Configuration
By Jithin on April 26th, 2019
We all are familiar with the name EXIM, it is a mail transfer agent which is included with cPanel. We can configure the EXIM from WHM interface itself. There are certain setting we need to edited on our exim configuration to make EXIM functional according to our requirement. For example if we wish to relay emails through anti-spam software like Mailchannel etc we need to add some configuration settings on the EXIM configuration. By default, Exim sends mails from the server primary IP address we can configure Exim to send mails from each domains dedicated IP address by adding some settings on the same. So while doing all these stuff initially before making changes we need to take a backup of the exim configuration files and if anything wrong happens we can easily restore the Exim configuration with those backups. We can save the backup either on the server itself or you can download the same to local backup using the Exim Configuration Manager. Also we can use this option to clone the Exim configuration setting we have configured on one of the server to another by taking the backup of the exim configuration and restoring the same to all the needed systems.
You can access the Exim configuration from
WHM >> Home >> Service Configuration >> Exim Configuration Manager
Please refer the below screen shot for better awareness.
1) Login to your WHM using the username and root password.
2) Click the option “Service Configuration” to list all the configuration settings.
3) Open the “Exim Configuration Manager”.
4) From the Exim Configuration Manager, select the “Backup” option.
5) We have two options available for taking backup. We can download the backup to the local system or you can save the same on the server itself. After selecting the option, click on the button “Run Backup”.
If you need any further help, please do reach our support department.