How to Backup and Restore Emails in Horde
By Jithin on March 4th, 2017
In this tutorial, we can check how to backup and restore emails in Horde.
In cPanel, it is possible to backup your emails using both web interfaces – Roundcube or Horde. If you want to backup the whole folder or account, Horde is the best option. Roundcube does not provide the same convenient functionality to download many emails at once. In this documentation, we can discuss about how to backup and restore emails in Horde web interface.
You can use the following link to access the cPanel webmail.
The process of backing up a single email in Horde is just the same as that in Roundcube. Here we can discuss about how to backup and migrate a whole folder or an account from Horde. To perform this, follow the steps below.
1) Log into your cPanel webmail using Horde web interface.
2) To backup all emails in a folder (Inbox, Sent, etc) right click on the folder and select the ‘Export’ option.
3) A new window will be opened and here you can choose the format for the backup file. There will be two formats: MBOX or zipped MBOX. If you just want to store emails, we recommend the zipped option because it is more preferable as it will be smaller in size. After selecting the option, click the ‘Ok’ button.
4) To import emails right-click on the folder you wish to upload the emails to and select ‘Import’ option.
5) Select the backup file you wish to upload and click the ‘OK’ button.
6) Now the emails are successfully imported to the email account and you will get a notification message about this.
If you need any further help please reach our support department.
Does this process download a copy or does it download all emails and delete from the folder?
Just a copy.
I want to restore all of the files in Debby.email@example.com, I want to be able to see them. I must not understand the process of the restore, because of 6:00pm from about 12:00pm today, nothing has been restored. I need these files, so I need help.