The 7 Best Coupon code plugins for WordPress
By Adarsh Sojitra on March 17th, 2022
Coupon codes are an effective way to promote your online store. It basically enhances sales and attracts users to purchase your products. There are multiple Woocommerce plugins available for free. To generate the discount coupons, you will need coupon code plugins. You can easily install it from the WordPress plugin directory for free. Most affiliate websites use coupon codes to generate revenue in a simple and modern way. Users often end up getting the discount code without clicking an affiliate link. However, the plugins mentioned below provide an effective solution for this.
Usually, people start taking interest when online stores provide attractive deals and discount coupons. WooCommerce comes with a built-in coupon feature; however, you will need to use third-party plugins. Using those discount coupon code plugins, you can unlock advanced coupon features like bulk generating coupons, adding gift card features, displaying coupons in popups, scroll bars, etc. You can rank for “brand name coupon” keywords in Google and other search engines. After applying this marketing strategy, you will see the growth of your sales. Here, we have listed the five best WordPress Coupon code plugins.
List of Best WordPress Coupon Plugins
- Smart Coupons for Woocommerce
- Advanced Coupons for Woocommerce Coupons
- Coupon Generator for Woocommerce
- Coupon & Discount Code Reveal Button
- Coupon Creator
- YITH WooCommerce Git Cards
- WooCommerce Extended Coupon Features
We will learn about each one of these plugins. Let’s get started with the first one.
1. Smart Coupons for Woocommerce
Smart Coupon is one of the best coupon code plugins for Woocommerce sites. You can add advanced options to default WooCommerce coupons. It allows you to create a variety of coupon restrictions, giveaway offers, and easy coupon management. You can enable the auto-apply of coupons. Thus, you can create smart coupons that can be applied automatically after adding the products to the cart. Also, you can make Woocommerce coupon codes available for users so they can easily get to know the coupon applicability.
It also lets you apply the coupon restriction for specific categories of products. It automatically creates product quantity or subtotal-based discounts. Thus, you can filter coupons again with maximum or minimum quantity and subtotal products purchased by users. You can provide your users with various checkout options, payment methods, shipping methods, and many more. You can also embed giveaway coupons with the products. It allows you to customize coupon appearance with categorized coupon styling options for expired, used, and active coupons.
Moreover, it lets you create duplicate coupons using the same parameters as existing ones. You can generate coupon URLs to make promoting coupons easy. So, let’s discuss the basic features of this plugin in brief,
- The plugin has a very straightforward and user-friendly interface.
- You can add shipping methods, payment options, and checkout options on your eCommerce sites.
- It allows you to embed the giveaway coupons and apply restrictions on specific categories of the products.
- It will let you customize coupon appearance with categorized coupon styling options for expired, used, and active coupons.
- Moreover, you can also duplicate the coupons with the same parameters as other coupons.
- It allows you to enable the auto-application of coupons. Thus, the coupons will be applied automatically once the users add the products to the cart.
- The plugin is free to use. But if you want to use the advanced options, then you can unlock the pro features by upgrading to the premium plan of the plugin.
- It allows you to import the coupons and also duplicate WordPress coupons.
- Moreover, the Smart coupon plugin allows you to create and design gift vouchers of any amount range by associating with a store credit product.
Smart Coupon for Woocommerce is free to use WordPress coupon code plugin. You can install it from the WordPress plugin directory. The plugin also comes with a premium version. It offers three paid plans for a single site, up to 5 sites, and 25 sites. Also, the single-site plan costs $69 per year. The second plan retails at $99 per year and includes plugin updates and ticketed support. The third plan costs $199 per year and provides licenses for up to 25 sites.
2. Advanced Coupons for Woocommerce Coupons
Advanced Coupon for Woocommerce is another popular coupon code plugin for Woocommerce sites. The plugin provides additional features with WooCommerce coupons so they can market your store better. You can also give your users Woocommerce BOGO(Buy one get one) deals. Also, it protects against accidental discount usage with Cart Conditions. It’s easy to organize your WooCommerce coupons with coupon categories. Moreover, users can easily apply coupons with URLs. You can also restrict the Woocommerce coupons by user roles.
Using this plugin, you can show WooCommerce coupons on the quick order preview box. BOGO deals are the preferable coupon code as it’s a much more flexible WooCommerce coupon type compared to straight discounts. The plugin provides card conditions to prevent the misuse of Woocommerce coupons. By setting the right conditions on your WooCommerce coupons, you can control precisely when users are allowed to use them. So, let’s discuss the basic features of this plugin in brief,
- The Advanced Coupon plugin offers coupon conditions so that users don’t misuse the Woocommerce discount coupons.
- The plugin has a very straightforward and user-friendly interface.
- Users can apply the coupons by URL as well.
- You can also protect against accidental discount usage with Cart Conditions.
- Moreover, you can Restrict WooCommerce coupons by user role.
- You can show WooCommerce coupons on the quick order preview box.
- The plugin allows you to add BOGO (Buy one get one free) deals on your online store. Thus, it’s a much more flexible WooCommerce coupon type compared to straight discounts.
- The plugin is free to use. However, if you want to use the advanced options, you can upgrade to the plugin’s premium version.
- Moreover, Advanced coupons are compatible with all plugins.
Advanced Coupon plugin is free to use plugins available in the WordPress plugin directory. The plugin also provides a premium version -Advanced Coupon Premium. It offers three paid plans – Growth, Business, and All in one bundle. Also, the Growth plan costs $59 per year and includes recurring coupon support, coupon scheduling, and many more. The Business plan retails at $99 per year and consists of 20+ Integrations and multisite support. The all-in-one bundle plan costs $119 per year and provides features of the loyalty program and premium plugin features.
3. Coupon Generator for Woocommerce
Coupon Generator is also one of the effective WordPress Coupon code plugins. It allows you to set up and generate tens of thousands of coupons at the same time. You can generate any coupon just in a few clicks, and it will be ready to use by your users. The coupons generated by this plugin even work on low hosting services. Moreover, during the generation process, you will get updates about the progress.
The plugin is entirely free to use. And you can easily generate and use the coupons on your Woocommerce store. You can add usage restrictions, limits, and expiration dates on each coupon code. So, let’s discuss the basic features of the plugin in brief,
- The plugin allows you to generate as many coupons as you want.
- The coupon Generator plugin is very user-friendly and has a straightforward interface.
- You can generate any coupon in just three simple steps.
- Even the coupons also work well with low-cost hosting services, unlike other plugins.
Coupon Generator is open-source software. It is free to use coupon code plugins. You can install it from the WordPress Plugin Directory for free.
4. Coupon & Discount Code Reveal Button
Coupon Reveal Button is one of the robust solutions for coupon code plugins. The Coupon Reveal Button plugin is the easiest way to quickly create and manage your call to action (CTA) buttons. You need to enter your button text, text reveal, and link. With the help of a coupon maker, it will create a reveal button for you to insert on your pages with a shortcode easily.
Moreover, you can customize your Coupon reveal with multiple color schemes. Also, you can easily manage, use and re-use all your coupon code reveal buttons on any page with this WordPress coupon plugin. Also, whenever users click the button, they are redirected to the affiliate link while showing the discount code. The plugin provides a fully responsive coupon code on any device like mobile, tablet, and desktop. It also provides shortcodes. Thus, you can easily embed the discount reveal button anywhere on your site. Also, the plugin is compatible with all plugins and themes. So, let’s discuss the basic features of this plugin in brief,
- You will have many options for button reveal, such as center button, full-width button, copy or clone button.
- It also provides shortcodes so you can easily embed the discount button reveal anywhere on your site.
- Also, it allows you to customize your Coupon reveal with your color scheme and easily.
- Using this plugin, you can create and manage your call to action (CTA) buttons.
- With the help of a coupon, the maker will create a reveal button for you to insert on your pages with a shortcode easily.
Coupon Reveal Button plugin is free to use WordPress coupon code plugin. You can easily download the plugin from the WordPress plugin directory for free. Also, the free version provides all essential features.
5. Coupon Creator
Coupon Creator enables you to easily create coupons and add them to your online eCommerce store. You can use the shortcode to add coupons anywhere on your sites, like posts and pages. It has the expiration date option, which allows you to set an end date for the campaigns. Also, it allows you to create and display WooCommerce Coupons from the coupon creator editor.
It integrates with WooCommerce, and you can also create WooCommerce coupons using their editor options. The plugin comes with a reveal code and dynamic code feature. You will have highlighted advanced templates. It has block editor support for coupons loop shortcodes and all of its attributes. You can do quick and bulk edits for the expiration and counter fields. Moreover, you can customize Border themes, Dotted Border, Stitched Border, Saw Tooth Border, and many more. So, let’s discuss the basic features of the plugin in brief,
- Coupon Creator provides shortcodes to embed coupons anywhere on your site.
- The plugin allows you to display the Print View in a Popup for any coupons and print directly from the Popup.
- Also, you can set a Counter per Coupon to expire Coupon after a limit has been reached or use it as an unlimited counter.
- Moreover, the plugin comes with block editor support for counter loop shortcode and all its attributes.
- The plugin allows you to create and display WooCommerce Coupons from the Coupon Creator Editor.
Coupon Creator is open-source software. The plugin is free to use and available in the WordPress plugin library. The plugin provides a premium version – Coupon Creator Pro. It offers three paid plans – A starter license, a Business License, and an unlimited license. Also, the Starter license costs $34 per year and consists of 1-year updates and support. The Business license retails at $99 per year and includes dynamic codes, advanced templates, and many more. The unlimited license costs $299 per year and provides add-ons, allowing you to create unlimited coupons and many more features. You can unlock the advanced features of this plugin by upgrading it to the premium version.
6. YITH Woocommerce Gift Cards
YITH WooCommerce Gift Cards is one of the most popular WooCommerce coupon plugins in the market. You can use it to create gift cards or discount codes for your users. The users can use this gift card as a discount code on your eCommerce website. You can easily set up the gift cards and add a discounted amount that you want to offer. The plugin allows users to enter the gift card code into the standard coupon code field. However, you will have to purchase the premium version to access this feature.
The plugin comes with multilingual support with WPML. Moreover, you can also email the gift cards to users and surprise them with discount vouchers. It’s a beginner-friendly plugin with simple settings to enable/disable the gift cards whenever you like. The plugin comes with a free version and a premium version both. If you want to unlock the customization features, you can upgrade to the pro version of the plugin. Using the premium version, you can customize the gift cards with your shop’s logo. Moreover, you can create a gallery of images that could be associated with gift cards during the purchase. So, let’s discuss the basic features of this plugin in brief,
- The plugin allows you to create a new product type, Gift-card, to configure your gift cards.
- YITH Woocommerce Gift card plugin will let you create and edit Gift Cards from the Gift Cards dashboard
- Also, you can create and sell virtual cards as well using this plugin.
- You can also let your customer fill in the recipient’s data and send the gift card via email.
- The plugin has a very user-friendly interface and a straightforward setup process.
- Moreover, you can create a gallery of images and allow customers to choose one for the gift card layout.
- The plugin has both free as well as premium versions. The premium version has many advanced options to customize the gift cards code patterns.
- The premium version allows users to insert the gift card amount and set a minimum amount for that.
- You can also customize the gift card with your shop’s logo.
YITH Woocommerce gift card plugin has both free and premium versions. The core plugin is available in the WordPress plugin directory for free. The premium version comes with many advanced fields and features of customization. It offers one premium plan, which costs $129.99 per year. You will get one-year support and updates along with all pro features. YITH provides many effective plugins for Woocommerce stores, such as the YITH Order page, YITH currency switcher, YITH notification bar, and many more. You can purchase these plugins to make your online store more functional.
7. WooCommerce Extended Coupon Features
WooCommerce Extended Coupon Features is another coupon code plugin for eCommerce sites. The plugin adds functionality to the WooCommerce coupons and allows for automatic discount rules. All the functionality provided by this plugin is conveniently integrated into the WooCommerce Edit Coupon panel.
The auto coupon feature allows coupons to be automatically added to the user’s cart if its restrictions are met. The plugin has a free version, but it is limited to some extent. The plugin’s premium version provides many advanced options like auto coupon priorities, APIs, and many more. The plugin provides an API to allow developers to use the functions of this plugin. You can also restrict the coupons by shipping zone. So, let’s discuss the basic features of this plugin in brief,
- The plugin has an auto coupons feature. It allows coupons to be automatically added to the user’s cart if its restrictions are met.
- The plugin has a very straightforward interface and setup process.
- Moreover, users can apply coupons via URL as well using this plugin.
- You can restrict coupons by shipping methods, payment methods or specific customer roles, and many more.
- The plugin has a free and premium version both. The free version has all essential features, but still, it is limited. You can upgrade to the premium version to unlock the advanced options for enhancing the functionality of your site.
- Moreover, the plugin allows you to add complementary products to the customer’s cart based on coupon rules. However, this feature can be accessible in the premium version of the plugin.
- It also allows a cart discount to be applied based on the quantity or subtotal of matching products.
WooCommerce Extended Coupon Features plugin is free to use WordPress coupon code plugin. Also, you can easily download the plugin from the WordPress plugin directory for free. The free version provides all essential features. However, if you want to add advanced features to this plugin, you will have to purchase the premium version of this plugin. The premium version is based on how many licenses you want. If you want to have a license for a single site, it costs $33.77 per year. If you want to have a license for two sites, it will cost around $67.52 per year. You can renew it for $29.10 per year, which is very cheap compared to other plugins. This plugin is very affordable compared to other coupon code plugins.
The coupon code plugins mentioned above are the most popular coupon code plugins. You can easily customize the discount coupons and display them anywhere on your site—all the plugins mentioned here support block editor so that you will have shortcodes. Using the shortcodes, you can easily embed the coupon codes anywhere on your site. These plugins are available in the WordPress plugin directory for free. You can install it from the WordPress dashboard. The plugins provide all essential features to create and customize coupons. Moreover, all the plugins provide responsive discount coupon codes on mobile, tablet, and desktop devices. Most of the plugins are compatible with almost all plugins and themes.
The Advanced Coupon plugin is one of the best and recommended coupon plugins for your online store. It consists of many advanced features in the free version to customize the coupons. However, all the plugins have specific and unique features. The installation and setup process is very straightforward and user-friendly as well. We hope this article will help you to choose the right coupon code plugin for your online store.