Top 9 Plugins to create Stunning eCommerce Websites in WordPress
By Adarsh Sojitra on September 17th, 2021
To create an eCommerce store, you will need many tools and add-ons. You can create an online store without any plugins as well. But it will be tedious to find add-ons and extensions. Also, it’s quite complex to find and purchase them separately. The eCommerce plugins are the best options to get all tools at once. These e-commerce plugins provide SAAS(Software as a service) platform. These plugins come with all the features and turn your website into a fully functional E-store. You will have many options and layouts for the listing of your products.
The plugin also provides add-ons and extensions that will make your store more functional. Moreover, most of the plugins are compatible with WordPress themes. Thus, you can easily set up your online store without any hassle. They also support multiple social media platforms. So you can easily advertise on various channels.
Moreover, you can have email marketing support as well. So you can easily communicate with your visitors. From labels to tags of your inventory, you can easily customize options to make your store effective.
You will need to consider feature criteria according to your store’s niche. If you want to run a drop-shipping business. Then you’ll need an eCommerce solution that provides support for drop-shipping. So, it depends on what type of online store you want to run. WordPress plugin directory consists of many eCommerce plugins. However, you will need to select a suitable plugin for your online store. The plugin should offer all the tools and features you need. A good eCommerce platform should contain the below-mentioned features,
- It should support both physical and digital products like eBooks, music, etc.
- Should keep multiple payment Gateway Options – PayPal, Stripe, Credit cards.
- Should provide shipping integrations and calculate shipping charges and tax.
- It should let you customize the listing of products or inventory. I should also provide seamless inventory management.
- It should allow you to add external payment options as well.
- It should also be SEO-friendly. So, the product listing ranks well on search engines.
- Should have custom email service and marketing support.
- Should have multiple social media and channel support.
- They should have affordable premium plans and add-ons.
- They should allow you to track the stats of every product.
Whenever we look at the WordPress e-commerce plugins, we want all the vital features mentioned above. In this article, we will understand all the plugins with brief information. And then, we will compare all the features of all the plugins. You will also find many of the listed plugins have more features, and some of them will be easy to use. On the other hand, some of them are used to sell specific items like digital products. You can consider the features mentioned above to choose the right eCommerce platform. We have mentioned some of the popular eCommerce plugins with rich features and affordable plans. Here, we have listed the best eCommerce plugins below,
- Woo Commerce
- Big Commerce
- Member Press
- Easy Digital Download
- WP eCommerce
- WP Easy Cart
- Jigoshop eCommerce
- Cart Recovery for WordPress
Woo Commerce is one of the most popular eCommerce plugins in the market. You will have various customization options. You can easily customize your pages with product blocks. Also, you will have 100+ payment gateway options, including PayPal, Stripe.
There are hundreds of add-ons and themes available on Woo-commerce. That makes it easy for you to add new features to your eCommerce site. You will have an extensive collection of themes to choose the site’s design and layout. You can easily calculate the sales tax using Woo commerce tax. It supports both physical and digital products such as e-books, music. You can also affiliate the external effects to your site using this plugin. If you would like to explore more add-ons, you can also purchase the free and paid extensions.
It comes with unique tools to manage your products. Thus, you can easily assign it to the store manager. The payment gateways will calculate the tax and shipping charges. Woo Commerce also provides a shipping service. Moreover, you can also connect popular carrier platforms such as USP, Ship Station, etc. It also has excellent documentation features. Along with the eCommerce platform, you will have many other services: helpdesk, support, forums. Thus, you can easily reach out to them for any queries.
Woo commerce has an easy-to-use interface. However, the settings pages of the plugin are pretty complex. Moreover, it works with any WordPress theme. However, it is a bit difficult to set up with all themes. It also integrates with many social and marketing channels like Mail chimp and Hub spot. You can also design and custom content blocks with react. Let’s discuss their basic features in brief,
- The plugin has various extensions and themes. Moreover, it supports any WordPress themes. So you can easily set it with your site’s themes. The small stores don’t need to spend any money to start selling. Also, the extensions and add-ones are not too expensive for further use.
- The WooCommerce store has plenty of free and paid add-ons. You can install them within your website to extend the usability of the website. You can provide extra features to the customers with the help of add-ons.
- WooCommerce plugin comes with many tools that allow easy management. You can easily manage the categories and products of your online store.
- It even allows you to generate affiliate links and banners of any external products with your store. It is beneficial for extra income.
- Moreover, it supports both physical and digital products. For example, it allows physical products like fashion wear. Also, Digital products like images, video tutorials.
- You will have various payment gateway options such as PayPal, Stripe. It also calculates taxes and shipping charges. Moreover, you can also add other payment options using extensions.
- You can easily connect carrier services like USP, FedEx.
Woo Commerce provides many extensions such as Woo-commerce booking, subscription, and payment, etc. Woo-commerce booking extension costs $249 per year. You can check out other attachments on the plugins. You will find various extensions such as payment, marketing, and shipping solutions.
2. Big Commerce
Big Commerce is another popular eCommerce plugin in the market. You will have seamless integration with WordPress using this plugin. Also, the plugin creates cart accounts and sign-in pages. Many inventory management tools improve your eCommerce store. The main goal of BigCommerce is to attract companies that already have a website with WordPress. Before this plugin, we can not combine BigCommerce and WordPress. We have to choose one or the other. So, now BigCommerce is trying to work with WordPress and wants to offer a superior selling system.
You will be able to choose any shipping and payment provider. You can also improve SEO strategies using customizable URLs. Moreover, the plugin also integrates with many channels such as Facebook, Amazon, and eBay. Unlike other eCommerce platforms, it does not charge you any transaction fees. You can choose from dozens of top payment gateways and only pay the payment service provider. It integrates with all the top third-party apps and tools. All the inventory and sales are easily managed by one dashboard. It allows you to handle all the elements like payments and deliveries from one place.
Moreover, they have a yearly threshold on sales. If you reach that threshold, then you are upgraded to the next plan. However, that will be costly for medium-scale businesses. They are planning to integrate WordPress content with the selling clout of Big Commerce. It means you can place the Big Commerce module on multiple sites and not have any problems with syncing.
It supports many processing companies. Moreover, it gets many credit card processing rates for its users. It does have POS integrations with leading providers such as Square and Clover. So let’s discuss their basic features in brief,
- BigCommerce plugin has the most important feature called SEO support. So, you can use SEO strategies using customizable URLs.
- The BigCommerce plugin also supports many channel integrations. It will help you connect your E-store with other social accounts like Facebook, Amazon, and eBay.
- BigCommerce plugin automatically creates cart accounts and sign-in pages. You have to choose the theme as per your requirement.
- It doesn’t take charge of any transaction fees from users. But, users have to pay for the payment gateway’s transactions fees. It depends on the payment gateways, and you can choose more than one payment gateway.
- However, the BigCommerce plugin comes with a yearly sales threshold. You will be required to upgrade the plan once you reach that threshold.
- It comes with top third-party integration. But it may not be less popular app integrations.
- The plugin’s product management tools will help manage your inventory’s sales.
The plugin is free to use. However, if you want to explore advanced features, then you can easily purchase a Pro plan. You can also start free trials for 15 days. The plugin has four Pro plans – Standard, Plus, Pro and Enterprise. The standard plan costs $29.95 per month. Also, this plan includes multi-currency support, payment options, and page builder. You can also unlock advanced features. Plus and Pro plan costs $79.95 and $299.95 per month, respectively.
Shopify is also a powerful eCommerce plugin. There are over 100 themes available. Moreover, you can also customize the themes for your site. From marketing to product management, you will have various tools to improve and manage your online store. Shopify supports both physical as well as digital products. You can easily set up SSL and integrate with multiple payment gateways.
The plugin provides complete custom product management tools. Shopify comes with an inventory editor and bulk importer combined with an order tracker. Thus, that makes it effective to manage the product. Shopify also accepts credit card online and offline payment. You will have multiple payment gateways and shipping integrations such as USPS.
The plugin also integrates social media platforms to expand your online store and sales. However, if you want to use the external systems, then Shopify charges the fees. Moreover, it lets you sell unlimited products. However, you will need to purchase the paid plans. In the paid plans, you can also unlock the shipping labels and shipping discount feature. So, Let’s discuss their basic features in brief,
- You will have multiple payment gateway options along with shipping integrations.
- Shopify has effective inventory management tools. It combines inventory editor and bulk importer with an order tracking system.
- You can connect external payment options. However, you will need to purchase the paid plan to use that feature.
- The plugin lets you sell unlimited products and provides unlimited file storage as well.
- You can get a shipping discount and shipping label feature in their paid version.
- It integrates social media platforms for sales such as Facebook, Instagram, etc.
- Shopify also accepts online as well as in-person credit cards.
- Setting up the SSL and integrating the payment options are accessible.
Shopify has three paid plans- Basic Shopify, Shopify, and Advanced Shopify. Basic Shopify includes the basic features for beginners costs $29 per month. However, it will let you create two staff accounts. The Shopify plan costs $79 per month and includes five staff accounts. At the same time, the advanced Shopify plan retails for $299 per month. And it consists of features along with 15 staff accounts.
MemberPress is one of the effective eCommerce plugins. The plugin is an all-in-one membership plugin for WordPress. Like other plugins, it supports both physical and digital products. The plugin allows you to sell subscription-based digital products and services. Robust access control enables you to define user access levels and content restrictions. Thus, only users with permission can access the restricted content.
Member Press provides a course builder that allows you to create & sell courses. Moreover, you can offer your users various online learning platforms. You can also release paid contents over time using this plugin. It also allows you to integrate it with your Woo Commerce store. You will have various extensions to connect Member Press with third-party services.
Member Press comes with limited payment options such as PayPal, Stripe, and Authorize.net. However, pricing plans are available only yearly. Using this plugin, you can also integrate individual add-ons to improve your online store. It will allow you to customize the categories, tags, and many more. Like other plugins, it also works with any WordPress theme. Member Press has seamless integrations with Zapier. Thus, you can connect Member Press with various software and services to share the data. So let’s discuss their basic features in brief,
- You can sell subscription-based products: membership plans and pay-per-view content.
- The plugin also provides access control. Only permitted users can access the restricted content.
- It offers a course builder that allows you to create and sell the courses.
- Member Press allows you to release paid content over time.
- You can integrate it into your Woo Commerce store or Learn Dash LMS.
- However, the plugin comes with limited payment options such as PayPal and Stripe. You have to pay charges in order to add an external payment service.
- It has seamless integrations with Zapier. Thus, you can connect Member Press with various software to share the data.
- Moreover, you can also release paid contents over time using this plugin.
- It allows you to integrate it with your Woo Commerce store.
Member Press has three Paid plans – Basic, Plus, and Pro. The Basic plan integrates email marketing services and subscription management. Moreover, you will get a basic add-on to this plan. Also, you will not be charged any monthly and transaction fees. The basic plan costs $179 per year. Plus, and Pro plan consists of advanced marketing integrations and 200+ custom integrations. Plus, and Pro plan retails at $299 and $399 per year. However, you can use a basic plan on only one site. Plus and Pro plans can be used on up to 5 sites.
5. Easy Digital Download
Easy Digital Download is an efficient eCommerce plugin in the market. The plugin allows you to sell digital downloads online using WordPress easily. It provides a simple interface. The plugin also comes with powerful features to create functional digital goods stores. It includes various features such as discount codes, file access control, and activity tracking.
Moreover, the plugin provides a full shopping cart. So you process the payments on your website and minimize the number of clicks needed. You also receive tools for refund tracking, affiliate systems, mailing lists, and more. The basic features are available in the free version. There are plenty of payment gateway options. It supports the selling of physical features as well. Also, advanced developers use RESTful API for complete control over options.
Additionally, it has a large and active community of bloggers and developers. Thus, you can easily reach out for any queries or issues. There are hundreds of extensions available, including add ons for marketing platforms, and services. Also, it works with almost any WordPress theme. The plugin has excellent support. You will have free forums, videos, and tutorials. You will get priority support options if you purchase their paid plans. So let’s discuss their basic features in brief,
- The plugin is designed to sell digital products. However, it supports physical products as well.
- You will have a user-friendly interface. You can easily understand how to add and display the products.
- There are various extensions available such as add-ons for payment and marketing services.
- The plugin is compatible with any WordPress theme. Moreover, it also provides built themes for plugins.
- This plugin lets you sell digital products. Thus, you can manage the digital products easily.
- If you want to add an external product or an affiliate product to your EDD store. Then you will need to install a third-party add-on for it.
Easy Digital Downloads offers four paid plans – Personal, Extended, Professional, and All-access pass. The personal plan includes email marketing tools and support. It provides a license for only one site costs $99 per year. Extended pass and Professional pass retail $199 and $299 per year, respectively. The all-access pass plans include access to all extensions. It costs $499 per year.
6. Ecwid eCommerce Shopping Cart
Ecwid eCommerce Shopping cart is a WordPress eCommerce platform. The Ecwid Ecommerce Shopping Cart plugin is also providing plenty of options to users. The plugin supports many payment gateways such as Stripe, PayPal, and 40+ options.
However, you can easily sell the products on Instagram and Facebook. The most important thing for any online store is to manage and maintain the shipping and taxes. Hence, the plugin also integrates with many carriers, calculates the shipping rates and taxes. The plugin also provides hosting services to store online data. It includes unlimited storage, regular backups, and security updates.
Ecwid eCommerce plugin integrates with major carriers, including USPS, UPS, FedEx. Automated tax rate calculations are available using this plugin. It provides free mobile applications for iOS and Android to manage your online store. You will get unlimited storage, regular backups, and seamless upgrades and security updates. So, let’s discuss their basic features in brief,
- You will get unlimited storage and regular backups. Moreover, it also provides upgrades and security updates.
- You can integrate your online store on any eCommerce shop like Amazon,eBay, and Google shopping.
- It will let you scan products, manage sales and accept payments using your mobile device as a POS station.
- You will have various third-party extensions built on the Ecwid eCommerce APIs.
- Moreover, the plugin provides hosting services to store online data.
The plugin offers three paid plans – Venture, Business, and unlimited. The venture plan costs $9.61 per month. Also, the plan includes professional features to manage your online store. The business and unlimited plans retail $20.17 and $67.22 per month, respectively.
WP EasyCart is one of the best WordPress eCommerce plugins. You can easily install it on new or any existing websites. The plugin supports both physical as well as digital products. You can also sell subscriptions, gift cards, and donations, etc. iI also integrate many payment options like Stripe, PayPal, Square Cart.
Using Stripe payments, you can sell subscription and recurring billing products. You can also offer Apple Pay, Google Pay, and Microsoft Pay to your customers. Thus, your users can easily pay with any product. The plugin also lets you sell products on social media with Facebook and Instagram premium extensions. It offers 30+ payment solutions that are SCA compliant (Stripe, Square, and PayPal) and GDPR compliant options. Hence, an international eCommerce cart is no problem for Easy Cart.
You will have various professional eCommerce editions. The plugin doesn’t charge any additional fees. Moreover, You will have a live shipping calculator, coupons, and promotions. You can even offer digital payment options to your customers. However, if you would like to use their extensions and features, you can purchase their pro version. So, let’s discuss their basic features in brief,
- It provides multiple payment gateways with shipping integrations. You will also have a live shopping calculator and coupons in their free version.
- The plugin comes with many digital payment options as well, like Google Pay, Apple Pay.
- You will have 10+ premium extensions like Ship Station. However, you can purchase their Pro version.
- You can list unlimited products and orders in their free version.
- You will have 30+ payment options. However, to use this feature, you will need to upgrade to the pro plan.
- The premium shopping cart editions include all shipping integrations with USPS, UPS.
- It lets you manage orders from within WordPress. You can also print sales receipts & packaging slips and view order information.
- The plugin also allows you to edit line items, add new line items, and edit all the customers’ order data.
WP Easy Cart has two paid plans -Premium and Professional. The Professional plan includes a license for one site, 30+ payment options. Moreover, it also supports Google pay and Apple pay. The plan costs $69 per year. There is no extension and app access in the Professional plan. You need to upgrade your plan to premium if you like to use extensions. Premium plan costs $99 per year. This plan consists of app access (iPhone, Android apps) and extensions (MailChimp).
eCommerce Product Catalog for WordPress
eCommerce Product Catalog is an easy-to-use, free plugin for WordPress eCommerce plugins. Although free, the plugin comes in both free and paid versions. It integrates with any theme and works well with most WordPress plugins. The plugin is known for its high functionality. It offers full WordPress eCommerce functionality for creating online shops and stores. You can also organize products into multi-level categories, tags, and multiple product catalogs. So that helps users in product searching. Thus, it improves customer experience.
The CSS feature of the plugin makes for high-quality code and beautiful designs. It offers two different product page models- the simple template and the tabular template. The plugin provides a catalog feature for an unlimited number of products. So the catalog can display over 100,000 products without doing the performance enhancement or speed of the site.
The SEO feature of the plugin gives WordPress site visibility with search engines. The plugin has several extensions for product Reviews, quote form, order form, shopping cart and a long list of others. So, let’s discuss their basic features in brief,
- The plugin is SEO-friendly.
- Using this plugin, you can display over 100,000 products in catalogs.
- It provides a user-friendly interface.
- It integrates with any theme and works well with most WordPress plugins.
- The plugin offers two different product page models- the simple template and the tabular template.
- You can also organize products into multi-level categories, tags, and multiple product catalogs.
- The plugin offers various extensions like order form quote form and shopping cart.
The plugin has four paid plans – Standard, Specialized, Web store, and Professional. The Standard plan includes premium support and automatic updates. Also, this plan costs $49 per year and provides a license for one site. The Specialized plan consists of many extensions like a premium toolset and product page customizer. The plan costs $99 per year with a license for one site. Webstore and Professional plans cost $149 and $399 per year, respectively. You will have more extensions in these two plans compared to the Standard plan.
Cart Recovery For WordPress
Cart Recovery is a WordPress eCommerce plugin. It works with Woo Commerce, Easy Digital Downloads, and Restrict Content Pro. You can use this plugin to track abandoned carts easily and configure automatic recovery email sending.
The plugin also provides flexible email timing. It means you can choose when to send your emails to customers. It can generate and include dynamic per customer discount codes. You can also view details of carts in the recovery process. You will be able to export abandoned cart details for separate follow-up. However, these features are available in their Pro version. Moreover, it integrates with WordPress’ GDPR compliance tools for data access and data removal requests. So let’s discuss their basic features in brief,
- You can collect customers’ names and email addresses once they’re entered at checkout.
- You can also engage new customers who never reach checkout with “Save To Cart.”
- Using this plugin, you can trigger abandoned cart email campaigns.
- You can also track in-progress carts, abandoned carts, and recovered carts easily within the WordPress dashboard.
- It integrates with WordPress’ GDPR compliance tools for data access and data removal requests.
- It can generate and include dynamic per customer discount codes. However, this feature is available in their paid version.
- It automates cart recovery emails & tracking.
- The plugin provides a one-click return to cart click throughs.
- It includes real time stats showing how much you’re saving.
- You can have multi step email campaigns. However, you will have to purchase a Pro version for this feature.
Cart Recovery has two Paid plans – Pro (Single site), Pro. Pro plan for a single site consists of detailed reporting and discount codes, this plan costs $39 per year. However, if you would like to use their additional features, you can buy their Pro version. Another Pro plan retails $99 per year and includes a license for five sites. Pro plan (5 sites) includes add- to cart email capture and time-limited discount codes as well.
You can create an eCommerce platform without using any plugins. But it is quite tedious and challenging as well to find and purchase the add ons separately. So, in order to make your store more effective, you will need eCommerce plugins. WordPress plugin directory has multiple plugins to make your store seamless. You can choose any plugin, but it should provide the features you need to create one.
Above mentioned eCommerce plugins provide many custom tools for online stores. You will have to customize layouts and listings in their free versions. Moreover, if you want to add any external payment options, then you can also add. However, this feature is not available in their free version. You will require the Pro version for add-ons and advanced features. So, If you want maximum control, flexibility, and features, Woo Commerce is the best solution for you. If you are entirely a beginner, then you can use WP Easy Cart. If you are going to sell only digital products, Easy Digital Download is the best option. In case, you are planning to sell the products on many channels, Ecwid is the best solution. And, If you want to integrate multiple eCommerce platforms, then you can go for Cart Recovery.
We hope this article will help you choose a suitable plugin for your online store.