The 7 Best Newsletter Plugins for a WordPress Website
By Adarsh Sojitra on January 11th, 2022
A newsletter is an email you can send to customers to update them about your brand’s latest products and services. You can also share valuable industry news or blog posts or inform them about your discounts and offers. A newsletter is a tool business, and organizations use to share relevant and valuable information with their network of customers, prospects, and subscribers. Newsletters give you direct access to your audience’s inbox, allowing you to share engaging content, promote sales and drive traffic to your website.
Email campaigns are also easy to measure, which means you can track your progress and make meaningful adjustments that lead to more wins. Newsletters are a cornerstone of any email marketing strategy. Enterprises and small businesses can gain valuable benefits from developing a monthly newsletter. To maximize your results, you need to ensure that your Newsletter is tailored to reach targeted recipients. Every fabulous Newsletter starts with design. Without an innovative, responsive design strategy, it won’t matter how great and compelling the content is. Your Newsletter should be easy to navigate and have clear calls to action that drive readers back to your website where they can engage with your conversion landing pages.
The content within your Newsletter should be highly relevant to your audience, and it should provide immediate value. That means the content needs to help your readers somehow, whether by keeping them informed on the latest industry trends and news or by providing tips and insights on a specific topic. The purpose of an email newsletter is to give those on your list updates about your business, products, and services. However, it’s not something that’s generally used for a hard sell. An email newsletter should feel like an attractive, helpful friend’s update rather than a salesperson.
That’s not to say that these newsletters are used to keep in touch. They can be used to motivate your customers to take action, like making a purchase or checking out your latest blog post. Newsletters are often the life force of your marketing campaign. Over the past decade, email marketing has proven significantly more successful than social media marketing. The best way to create a professional and eye-catching newsletter is with a newsletter template. A newsletter template is a file created professionally using Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, and more.
Templates provide an overall layout with placeholder text, images, and graphics that can be replaced with information relevant to your business. The beauty of newsletter templates is that they can be used repeatedly to establish brand consistency. In addition, they save time and money because you don’t have to design a newsletter every week from scratch.
What is the Purpose of a Newsletter?
There are two primary purposes of a newsletter:
- Share information: Use a newsletter to give customers updates about your company and how your product progresses to help make your customers’ lives. This is a great way to stay in touch with your audience and not be forgotten.
- Brand marketing: Provide valuable content to your audience so they look forward to your emails and build a brand recall.
- Building trust: When you deliver content relevant to your customers and help them do their job better or live their lives to the fullest, they will get in the habit of opening your emails. So when you send them a promotional email, they are less likely to ignore you.
Newsletters can also promote your products and services but do a hard sell. You can weave the offer in your story or content, put it in the PS section, or you can dedicate a small area in every Newsletter that is reserved for promotion. So, let’s discuss the basic features of this plugin in brief.
List of Best Newsletter plugins:
- WordPress Newsletter plugin
- Email marketing automation
A newsletter is an email you can send to customers to update them about your brand’s latest products and services. You can also share valuable industry news or blog posts or inform them about your discounts and offers. A newsletter is a document sent by businesses regularly to subscribers of the business’s mailing list. It can be a printed document delivered by mail, but it’s often provided by email today. Newsletters can contain everything from text and illustrations to photos, videos, and links. As a part of your email marketing strategy, newsletters can help you nurture your relationships with customers and bring value to them so that they return it to you.
Having an email list is crucial to your brand’s success. Regular contact with your customers will help you build trust. Once trust is established, you can motivate your customers to action. A newsletter is a tool used to communicate regularly with your subscribers, delivering the information you want in your email boxes. These messages can contain simple text or a structure composed of images and formatted text.
Newsletters give you direct access to your audience’s inbox, allowing you to share engaging content, promote sales and drive traffic to your website. Email campaigns are also easy to measure, which means you can track your progress and make meaningful adjustments that lead to more wins. The plugin includes a subscription widget and forms to build your subscriber list quickly. There are even single or double option settings, plus a privacy checkbox to keep your WordPress site GDPR compliant. So, let’s discuss the basic features of this plugin in brief.
- Easy-to-use Drag and drop composer to build responsive newsletters
- Unlimited subscribers with statistics
- Unlimited newsletters with tracking
- Subscription spam check with domain/IP blocklists, Akismet, captcha
- Delivery speed fine control (from 12 emails per hour to as much as your blog can manage)
- All messages are fully translatable from administration panels.
- Advanced targeting with lists combinations like all in, at least one, not in, and so on
- Customizable subscription widget, page, or custom form
- WordPress Users registration seamless integration
- Single And Double Opt-In plus privacy checkbox for EU laws compliance
- Subscribers lists to find-target your campaigns
- PHP API and REST API for coders and integrations
- SMTP-Ready (with free addon)
- You can Customizable Themes using a newsletter.
- Status panel to check your blog mailing capability and configuration
- Compatible with every SMTP plugin: Post SMTP (aka Postman), WP Mail SMTP, Easy WP SMTP, Easy SMTP Mail, WP Mail Bank, …
- Subscribers import from file
- Newsletter with Html and Text message versions
The Newsletter is a very effective newsletter plugin for WordPress. The plugin is free to use, but it also provides a premium version. It is available in the WordPress plugin directory for free. The free version has essential features to create an effective newsletter system. It offers a premium plan. You can add even more powerful features through our premium addons.
Mailster is an easy-to-use Email Newsletter Plugin for WordPress. Create, send and track your Newsletter Campaigns easily. Mailster is a WordPress newsletter plugin that lets you run all of your email marketing efforts right from your WordPress site. Beyond helping you grow your list and create emails using a drag-and-drop editor, it also lets you send autoresponders and set up other email automation rules. Master aims to be a complete alternative to MailChimp and Campaign Monitor services.
Rather than needing to use those separate dashboards (and pay a monthly fee), you can do everything from your WordPress dashboard. First, to help you grow your list, Mailster can help you create opt-in forms. Or, you can also connect to other form plugins or opt-in plugins. For example, it works with Gravity Forms, Elegant Themes’ Bloom, ConvertPlug, and plenty others. And like the SaaS tools, you can also segment your subscribers into different lists as needed.
To build your emails, Mailster gives you a drag-and-drop email editor, as well as lots of pre-made templates. You can also insert information straight from your WordPress site, like all the details for your latest blog posts. You can either send your email blasts out manually. Or, you can set up autoresponders or other email automation rules. Mailster integrates with other plugins for those automation rules, including in part. In Mailster, you can send automatic welcome emails, birthday emails, trigger campaigns from actions, follow-ups, auto-responder, and more.
Mailster has a significant Drag and Drop editor, which lets you create stunning campings in a minute with no coding required for doing this. Mailster stores all your subscribers right inside WordPress, so you own all the data, and there are no fees or limitations. You can create unlimited lists and subscribers without paying a penny. Other email marketing services have certain pricing tiers for this. Using Mailster can save a significant amount of money, and there is no need to worry about certain thresholds.
Detailed statistics are a core feature of Mailster, which lets you visually see opens, clicks, and bounces. Additionally, you get detailed statistics of each subscriber and see exactly which actions were triggered while viewing the campaign. So, let’s discuss the basic features of this plugin in brief.
- Track Opens, Clicks, Unsubscriptions, and Bounces
- Track Countries and Cities
- Schedule your Campaigns
- Six types of autoresponders
- Send your latest post to your subscribers
- Use dynamic and custom Tags (placeholders)
- Web Version for each Newsletter
- Embed Newsletter with Shortcodes
- Forward via Email
- Share with Social Media Services
- Unlimited Subscription Forms
- Sidebar Widgets
- Single or Double-Opt-in support
- WYSIWYG Editor with code view
- Unlimited Color Variations
- Optional Image embedding
- Automatic Inline Styles
- Background Image support
- Quick Preview
- Revisions support (native)
- Multi-language ready
- SMTP support
- DomainKeys Identified Mail Support
- Import and Export for Subscribers
I think the most significant unique selling proposition of Mailster is its price. The vast majority of email marketing services charge an ongoing monthly fee that goes up as the number of subscribers you have or emails you send increases. With Mailster, it’s a flat one-time fee, currently $59. No matter how many subscribers you have or emails you send, you’ll never pay more for Mailster.
Mailster is a very effective newsletter plugin for WordPress. The plugin is free to use, but it also provides a premium version. It is available in the WordPress plugin directory for free. The free version has essential features to create an effective Mailster system. It offers a premium plan for $59.
Mailpoet allows you to connect with customers and engage your subscribers with beautiful email newsletters. You can easily create the Newsletters with drag and drop without any coding.
This feature has more than 50 builds in templates to create beautiful newsletters. You can quickly add posts, ages, images, and products to the letter.
MailPoet makes managing a subscriber list and designing eye-catching emails easy. It has an intuitive user interface with drag-and-drop features that helps you send out professional-looking newsletters in minutes. Add a spark to your connection with new subscribers by giving them a warm and big reception with automated welcome emails. You can add a welcome email template from scratch or customize the already available templates.
MailPoet lets you notify the website audience with the latest blog posts without any hassle. The Automatic Latest Content block will pick the recent posts directly from your WordPress database and send the latest posts email quickly. Stand out in your audience inbox with 50+ built-in WordPress email templates and share updates with your customers in no time. You can organize and format any template with customizable drag and drop options.
So, let’s discuss the basic features of this plugin in brief.
- Design great-looking responsive emails using its drag-and-drop email builder.
- Provides pre-designed templates for your newsletters.
- The plugin will set up email automation campaigns (such as post notification emails, welcome emails, and automated emails).
- Maintain multiple email lists with unlimited subscribers.
- Ensures that your emails reach the inbox and do not land in spam, thanks to the choice of the email delivery partner.
- Create and add a newsletter subscription form to your website
- Manage your subscribers and subscriber lists in WordPress
- Build and send newsletters with WordPress
- Easy to use WordPress newsletter builder
- Beautiful responsive templates
- No configuration needed works out of the box.
- Create automatic emails to send new post notifications
- Send automated welcome emails.
- Increase your sales with our emails for WooCommerce
- Free WooCommerce email customizer
- Insightful stats on your audience engagement
Mailpoet is a feature-rich plugin, and you can use it entirely for free. Mailpoet also offers a surprisingly huge limit, which amounts to 1,000 subscribers. Honestly, having the following tools for a perfect newsletter is already included in the free version. If you have a large enterprise or agency, you can also upgrade to Mailpoet Premium, unlimited subscribers without sending.
Blogger License – €149 per year good for one site
Freelancer License – €249 per year suitable for four websites
Agency License – €499 per year ideal for unlimited websites
If you wish to avail the Mailpoet with sending, they have two payment plans: monthly and Yearly. If you exceed the 1,000 subscribers limit, the price will depend on the number of subscribers you need.
4. WordPress Newsletter plugin
Newsletter plugins allow you to create and send newsletters directly from your WordPress dashboard. Others focus on building eye-catching forms and popups to attract more visitors and grow and manage your mailing list. The Newsletter is one of the best WordPress newsletter plugins on the market. It offers several helpful features to help you grow your subscription list, automate newsletters, and track email performance. Using its drag-and-drop composer, you can customize newsletter forms directly from your WordPress dashboard. Choose from more than 15 block options, including hero images, gifs, social icons, and videos.
Additionally, statistics reports are available on the plugin’s dashboard. These will help you make decisions based on total emails sent, opened, and clicked. This popular email marketing service offers several free add-ons to maximize your campaign’s potential. Use them to import registered users as subscribers, lock premium content, and archive essential newsletters.
So, let’s discuss the basic features of this plugin in brief.
- Connects the WordPress standard and custom registration with Newsletter subscription. Optionally imports all registered users as subscribers.
- Import contacts from files or copy and paste data with complete mapping.
- Adds a tier of REST API to integrate with the Newsletter core services.
- Open up your premium content only after subscription.
- Creates a simple blog page that lists all your sent newsletters.
- Generates and sends your newsletters using your blog’s latest posts, even custom ones like events or products. Just sit and watch.
- Creates email series to follow up with your subscribers.
- Improves the internal statistics collection system and provides better reports of data collected for each sent email. And you are retargeting. Neat.
- Adds a fancy subscription popup box or a fixed bar to your website that will boost your conversion rate.
The core Newsletter plugin is free at WordPress.org.
For additional features, you can purchase a bundle of all 20+ premium addons for $65 (3 sites) or $249 (unlimited sites).
You’ll also need a separate sending service. If you’re sending under ~300 emails per day, you can find free mailing services. Above that, you’ll likely need to pay extra for your sending service.
5. Email marketing automation
Email Subscribers & Newsletters is an entirely complimentary plugin that enables you to send emails, create newsletters, and collect leads – all from a single hub. This plugin creates a simple subscription form that isn’t entirely as customizable as some of the other options on this list. However, it offers nearly all the features you’ll need, making it possible. Keeping subscribers regularly updated is a perfect way to enhance your reputation. While this plugin may not be the most flexible option, its ability to help you attract potential subscribers and maintain current ones is undeniable.
To gain more email subscribers for your website, you need an excellent WordPress plugin. So, Email-Subscribers is just the tool you’ll need. It can serve you with many features and elements required for your email subscription on the website. You can collect leads, send automated blog post notifications, and so on. Moreover, you can also send broadcasts to your subscribers. What’s even better is that you can manage all these from one place with the help of this plugin.
Email-Subscribers is a newsletter plugin for WordPress that will fulfil all your Newsletter needs. It can suit the requirement of any type of website owner. This plugin can be suitable for websites of bloggers, marketers, and even developers. You can add a neat-looking subscription anywhere on your website. As a result, it has a stunning design too. Therefore, you can easily attract many audiences to subscribe to your newsletters via emails. Designed to be simple but effective, this free tool lets you add a subscription form on your site, send automated new blog post notification emails, and create and send broadcasts all from your WordPress dashboard. So, let’s discuss the basic features of this plugin in brief.
- Works inside dashboard
- Send Automated Posts on Published Posts
- Create, Schedule, and Send Broadcasts
- Collect Customer Emails
- HTML Editor
- Include/Exclude Categories
- Send notification emails to subscribers when new posts are published.
- Collect customer emails by adding a subscription box.
- Allow double opt-in and single opt-in methods for subscribers.
- Provide an unsubscribe link for each email.
Email marketing automation is a very effective Newsletter plugin for WordPress. The plugin is free to use, but it also provides a premium version. It is available in the WordPress plugin directory for free. The free version has all the essential features to create an effective Newsletter plugin system. It offers premium plans for $79 and $129 per year or a one-time payment of $399.
The Newsletter plugins mentioned above are feature-rich and powerful plugins for WordPress sites. You can easily install and activate it from the WordPress plugin directory for free. All the plugins here provide essential features and advanced options to create an effective Newsletter plugins system within the WordPress dashboard. All the plugins have free as well as premium versions. The premium version includes various Pro features with affordable pricing. From my point of view, Mailster is the best Newsletter plugin. Mailster is an easy-to-use Email Newsletter Plugin for WordPress.
You can create, send and track your Newsletter Campaigns easily. Mailster is a WordPress newsletter plugin that lets you run all of your email marketing efforts right from your WordPress site. Beyond helping you grow your list and create emails using a drag-and-drop editor, it also lets you send autoresponders and set up other email automation rules. Master aims to be a complete alternative to MailChimp and Campaign Monitor services. A newsletter is an email you can send to customers to update them about your brand’s latest products and services. You can also share valuable industry news or blog posts or inform them about your discounts and offers.
A newsletter is tool businesses and organizations use to share relevant and useful information with their network of customers, prospects, and subscribers. Newsletters give you direct access to your audience’s inbox, allowing you to share engaging content, promote sales and drive traffic to your website.
We hope this article will help you choose the appropriate Newsletter plugins for your Woocommerce site or your online store.