Top 5 Best RSS & Feed Plugins for WordPress
By Adarsh Sojitra on July 30th, 2021
RSS stands for Really Simple Syndication, but it could also mean Rich Site Summary or Real-time Simple Syndication. In simple words, RSS is a service created in XML-based content format, and it updates our users on almost every latest news, articles, headlines, and contents. So it’s like a notification that the website has some latest content to catch up on the news or content. Along with that feature, the RSS feed plugins also help us to pull the content from other websites and display that content on our website. The process to display the content of other sites is easy and automatic.
Most people think that the RSS feed idea is pretty old now, but many professional WordPress websites currently provide this service as a responsibility. It’s an old strategy, but still, this RSS is used to boost engagement, drive traffic, and increase page views. There are many developers or WordPress maintenance services who are still creating RSS plugins for WordPress websites. In short, the RSS feed is not going anywhere anytime soon.
Why do we use the RSS feed plugins on our WordPress Website?
The RSS feed allows us to create web content using XML file format. It allows users to subscribe to website notifications or related content using RSS feed readers. The WordPress platform publishers provide RSS Feeds by default for your website content like blog Post, categories, authors, and more. The RSS Feeds plugin is great to pull the content from other websites, and then you can display it wherever you want.
Every site owner or blogger wants to attract more people to generate traffic. We can use the RSS feed to curate content from different websites, which are in a list of your favourite ones. But it can automatically pull the latest content of any social media websites like Facebook, Instagram, and YouTube to show and share them on our website.
The exciting fact is WordPress already allows you to add an RSS widget, a built-in feature of WordPress. But it doesn’t support too many customizations, and it doesn’t allow us to add thumbnails and other social media buttons. That’s why people use RSS plugins for WordPress websites.
So, in this article, we will discuss some of the best RSS feed plugins. Here is the list below.
- Smash Balloon
- Instagram Feed
- Custom Facebook Feed
- Twitter Feeds
- Feeds for YouTube
- WP RSS Aggregator
- Feedly RSS Feeds
- Featured Image in RSS Feed
- All in One SEO (AIOSEO)
Let’s see each plugin in brief, one by one.
1. Smash Balloon
The Smash Balloon plugin is one of the best plugins used to add social media feeds to our WordPress website. This plugin is so famous that more than 1,300,000 websites already use it to display their social media feed on their website. But Smash Balloon is also used for RSS feeds, which will help you to increase the traffic and visitors to our websites. The smash balloon plugin combines four plugins, which makes it a more straight-forward and reliable plugin. We can create and display different social media feeds as Facebook feeds, Instagram custom feeds, Twitter custom feeds, and custom YouTube feeds on our WordPress website.
We can use the smash balloon plugin to display a showcase of Instagram photos, and it also offers you some grid views. So, you can customize the showcase look and feel. Then we can also highlight our upcoming Facebook events, and then it also can help us add powerful testimonials of Twitter to the sales pages of our websites. Even this plugin is capable of showing YouTube videos from different channels. All the functionality comes with the Smash Balloon plugin, and you can buy an “All-Access Bundle,” which will allow you to access all four functionality you can see below. Also, we can buy them individually, but the All-Access Bundle will be quiet economic.
The goal of the Smash Balloon plugin is simple: make it easy to display social media content in WordPress to boost engagement and sales without sacrificing website speed. So, here are the essential features that make the Smash Balloon the best social feeds plugin.
- Fully Responsive and Mobile Optimised: All the Smash Balloon plugins are fully responsive and optimized for mobile devices. It means all the social media feeds will look fantastic on all the devices like Desktop, Laptops, Tablets, and smartphones. And, it’s not just essential for the website users but also helps with your WordPress site’s SEO.
- No technical knowledge required: The developers and other programmers know how to display our Social feeds on our websites. It requires many lines of code in case you want a website with the help of any technical language, and it’s too complicated. But here, with the use of WordPress and its plugins library, the smash balloon is the most effortless setup. We don’t require any technical knowledge to get our custom social feeds on our website. It will run and feel good.
- Customization Support: The Smash Balloon plugin will also allow you to customize the social media feeds look if you want to change the tweak colors, font family, and sizes. Anything you like about the social media feeds, you can change it without any CSS codes. You can create the feed more attractive or more noticeable or design it per your design.
- Video Support: All social feed tools will allow you to show video files on your website through the Social Media feeds. We can even broadcast real-time videos by using Facebook and YouTube plugins.
- Multiple Feeds: The Smash Balloon also helps us to display all the feeds on one page. You can differentiate and select the specific feeds using the sidebar. The Smash Balloon plugin offers a sidebar, and all-in-one-page feed, etc., features.
- It also allows you to make as many different feeds as you want.
- Customer Support: You’ll have excellent customer support from the team of Smash Balloon developers. They have been providing brilliant support and getting excellent feedback for years. They’re always happy to help you in case you get stuck at all.
- Up to Date: Suppose you’re already using a social media feed plugin that stopped working after the social media network changed or upgraded itself. You will not face any of these problems with the Smash Balloon plugin. You can feel peace of mind by keeping their plugin updated with any changes on social media networks.
This feature list applies to all of the social media feeds plugins provided by Smash Balloon. Here are the four plugins offered by the Smash Balloon plugin. Let’s discuss each of them with their unique features.
A. Smash Balloon Instagram Feed
Instagram is one of the most famous social media networks available on the internet, owned by Facebook. More than 1 billion users are already using and sharing their media files on Instagram. You can share media files like images and videos with your friends from all over the world. Instagram is also suitable for our business, and we can share our business products and other important information. In short, we can do marketing with the Instagram social media platform.
If you want to embed the latest contents of your Instagram profile, you can go with the Smash Balloon Instagram Plugin. This plugin can use the Instagram API and automatically display the media files from your Instagram account to your WordPress website. This plugin is easy to use and it also allows you to choose the layout and style. It also provides fully responsive designs so that the feeds will look great on all devices. Let’s discuss each feature of the Instagram Plugin one by one.
- Multiple Layout Options: We can display our Instagram posts in many layouts like a grid, carousel, masonry layout, or highlighted posts. In other words, choose the layout option according to your design or according to your website’s structure.
- Link Products, Pages, and Posts: With the use of the Instagram Plugin, we can create a shopable feed, and each post will link your customer to a specific page, post or product. You can increase sales with this feature because it allows you to redirect them to your WooCommerce store.
- Hashtag feeds: The Instagram feed plugin is an approved Instagram partner and fully compatible with the latest version of Instagram API. So, you can create custom Instagram feeds using Hashtags.
- Instagram Stories: The Instagram feed plugin also helps you to display your Instagram stories to your website. It will pop up on your screen with a light pop-up box. This tool will help you to engage your visitor with your website for a longer time.
- Visual Moderation and More: We can also add the post information like the Comments, likes, Add captions, etc. This plugin uses the truly harmful entire powerful Instagram API to create custom Instagram feeds that can also show the photos you’re tagged in.
The Smash Balloon offers a free Instagram feed plugin with limited features. The Instagram Feed Pro version starts from a $49 per year plan. This plan allows you to use the plugin on only one website. But you can get all the social feed plugins for unlimited sites at $299 per year.
B. Smash Balloon Custom Facebook Feed
Another Smash Balloon plugin for Facebook Feeds, which is the best Facebook feed plugin on the market. It allows us to display all the posts from Facebook pages and groups. Facebook decides your content’s reach based on how much the user is engaged with the website. In other words, the Facebook feed plugin will give you more if the user interacts with it. The latest Facebook content and posts will help you to boost the visitor’s engagement. In this case, the Facebook feed plugin allows you to create accessible feeds using the latest Facebook posts.
Even this plugin also provides layouts and styles, which will help you to show the Facebook posts attractive. It’s easy to use and allows us to connect many pages and groups as wanted. We can do many things with the layouts, like we can merge two feeds or create multiple feeds on one page. This plugin comes with customization support so that we can design it as per our website’s design. It also provides numerous layouts. Just like the Instagram Feed plugin, it also has its feature list. Let’s discuss each of them one by one.
- Events, Reviews, Albums, and more: The Smash Balloon Facebook feed plugin is one of the best plugins which reliably bring your Facebook account content like albums, reviews, events, and other content types in WordPress.
- Comments and Reactions: Facebook Feed Plugin quickly displays other posts and page contents like Shares, Comments, Reactions, and likes. You can enable all the customizations from the customization drop-down menu from each post. It can also help you to display replies to comments, image attachments, and stickers too.
- HD, 360, and live video this Facebook feed plugin also displays your Facebook videos and 360 videos, in case you uploaded them to Facebook, it also allows the visitor to play the video in full-screen and HD.
- Post Caching: This plugin helps your website content like Facebook feeds to load fast because this plugin provides a powerful post caching system. It also helps your browser to minimize Facebook requests. There’s also a built-in backup cache so that feeds will work separately if Facebook didn’t connect.
- Filter Posts By Word and Hashtags: Sometimes, we want to display specific post content with particular word or specific hashtags on our website. In other words, you can display a particular word or hashtag feed on your website with the help of this plugin. It is easily manageable with the custom Facebook feeds option.
The Smash Balloon offers a free Facebook feed plugin with limited features. The Facebook Feed pro version starts from a $49 per year plan. This plan allows you to use the plugin on only one website. But you can get all the social feed plugins for unlimited sites at $299 per year.
C. Smash Balloon Twitter Feeds
The Smash Balloon Twitter Feeds plugin is the easiest way to display Twitter feeds on our website with different layouts. It also helps us show other content like Twitter followers and social proofs and improve visitor engagement. This plugin will easily manage to display the Twitter feeds on your website, and it also provides different attractive layouts which look beautiful on your website. It offers some designs and styles like List, Grid Style, Carousel, and more. Smash Balloon Twitter Feeds plugin allows us to display Twitter feeds by merging different accounts, hashtags, keywords, and more.
It also comes with an infinite scroll, and it will load more and more tweets as the user scrolls down the feed. It also shows native support buttons, which is very helpful to engage the user or visitor. For example, likes, retweets, and reply actions. All media files will show up on a pop-up box or Lightbox, so users don’t need to leave or reload the website. This plugin is lightning fast with the help of a built-in caching system and genuinely responsive. So, let’s discuss every specific feature of the Twitter Feeds plugin.
- Pop-up Media Lightbox: This plugin provides a lightbox to show the social media files. It looks nice and decent. It is an essential feature because it gives our visitors and users the best experience without leaving a website.
- Display Twitter Cards: Whenever we share new links on our feeds, this plugin automatically pulls the links and creates cards. It will display on the Twitter feeds box on our website. It is a great feature that also helps your tweets stand out.
- Infinite Loading: Our visitors need to scroll the feed to load more tweets. The users will always have a never-ending scroll with Twitter feeds. It’s a helpful tool because it will always help us to engage the visitors to our sites.
- Advanced Search Feed: This plugin also provides an Advanced Search feed; selectively displays the reviews from Twitter with tweet moderation. It also helps to display Multi-user or Hashtags feeds and much more.
- Display Tweets that Mention Your Accounts: Everyone wants to display the lovely greeting sent and tweeted by our users saying about our brand. Don’t worry. This type of customization is quickly done with Twitter feeds. We can create a feed of all the tweets from other accounts that mention your Twitter handle.
The Smash Balloon offers a free Twitter feed plugin with limited features. The Twitter Feed Pro version starts from a $49 per year plan. This plan allows you to use the plugin on only one website. But you can get all the social feed plugins for unlimited sites at $299 per year.
D. Smash Balloon Feeds for YouTube
The Smash Balloon Feeds for YouTube plugin is the best plugin. This plugin helps us to showcase YouTube videos on your website. You can easily add YouTube videos on the YouTube Feed plugin by entering the video’s URL in the plugin. The default WordPress does not provide many layouts and styles or any automatic pull system. We have to add each video manually, one by one in the default WordPress. But the Smash Balloon Feeds for YouTube plugin will automatically add the latest videos as soon as they are uploaded on YouTube.
Even this plugin comes with many different layouts and styles. Some famous layouts for the YouTube videos like Masonry Grid Layouts, Gallery Layouts, list, and more. The plus benefit is that all designs are fully responsive to look good on every device or screen size. It also supports live streaming so that it can be a good plugin for gamers and travel bloggers. It automatically displays the older streams and currently live streams of your channel to our website. So, like every RSS feed plugin, this plugin also has a list of features. Let’s discuss each by one in brief.
- Multiple Feed Layouts: We can choose the required layout for our YouTube feed. There are many options available like List, Grid or Gallery, and Coursoul.
- Live Streaming API: The Live Streaming APIs allow us to display live videos on our website in real-time.
- Curate Content using your favourite’s list: With the Feeds for YouTube, We can also create feed videos from your favourite YouTube channels. This feature will make the user more engaged with your website because they will find content or videos they like.
- Customizable Pause and End Actions: This plugin also allows you to set up custom actions on the video’s finish. For example, you can display a link to related products or other related video thumbnails.
- Custom Post Types: These all feeds provided by this plugin comes with a custom post type. It will help you to convert the videos into custom post types so they’ll show up on your blog’s RSS feed. They also can be displayed on search results on your website.
The Smash Balloon offers a free YouTube feed plugin with limited features. The YouTube Feed Pro version starts from a $49 per year plan. This plan allows you to use the plugin on only one website. But you can get all the social feed plugins for unlimited sites at $299 per year.
2. WP RSS Aggregator
WP RSS Aggregator is one of the best and highly revered plugins for WordPress websites. The WP RSS Aggregator will convert your website into a Content Aggregator. This plugin is responsible for easily importing, merging, and displaying RSS and Atom feeds on our WordPress websites. It allows us to integrate, import, and display RSS feeds on our website without coding knowledge. This plugin already has more than 40,000 active installations, so in this case, the WP RSS Aggregator is the most used and most popular RSS Feed plugins. It’s also the most robust and sleek WordPress RSS feed solution because it allows you to fetch the content from your other web properties or third-party sources like blogs.
A free version of this plugin is available, allowing us to aggregate as many RSS feeds from several sources as possible. We can also import that content as blog posts in WordPress and store them in WordPress databases. We can also stagger them for the sake of better performance. Use this plugin to fetch job listings, real-estate listings, news articles, or curate top posts from our favourite blogs. With the Add-ons of these plugins, we can even pull full content, including images from the RSS feeds that only includes experts. We can use this plugin to generate an affiliate income, share community news, make money, etc.
The WP RSS Aggregator allows us to use the Shortcodes and their different parameters; by using it, we can display all the essential feeds from either single or multiple sources from any spot of our website. WP RSS Aggregator can use this plugin for Auto-Blogging. But using it to pull the website content from third-party websites can lead to copyright violation and legal trouble. The accessible version of this WordPress plugin helps us import an unlimited number of feed items for our RSS feed. The Shortcodes will help you to display the feeds on your website anywhere you want. This plugin is also capable of importing feeds with unique titles. Limited feed items are also possible through this RSS feed plugin. We can also link the title and source to the source.
This plugin comes with three different user configurations, like a Personal plan, and WP RSS Aggregator can use it on only one website. For one site, the WP RSS Aggregator Pro version’s cost is $159, and the basic version will cost you around $59 per year.
Then the second plan is for 2 to 5 websites, and the Pro plan cost is around $249, and the basic plan for the 2 to 5 websites will cost you approximately $99 per year.
Then the WP RSS Aggregator provides a plan for unlimited websites, and you can use the pro plan with unlimited websites for $599 and the basic strategy for $299 per year.
3. Feedzy RSS Feeds
The Feedly RSS Feeds another one of the best RSS feeds plugins. Aggregating Feeds more easily with the Feedzy RSS Feeds plugin. This plugin allows us to pull the content from any other website to display them on our website. You get to curate and display feeds in your posts and pages with the help of shortcodes and widgets. This plugin comes with many templates and layouts to display the feeds. We can also customize the layout and rearrange the post layout, making it look more likely to your website. You can design it according to your website.
The Feedly RSS Feeds plugin will also help you integrate affiliate links that allow you to display products with your affiliate ID and make money by sending affiliate traffic to third-party websites. Now, this plugin will be so grateful for those who are looking for an auto-blogging feature. It comes with an article spinner that uses Word-AI to rephrase articles you import to your blog. But it will still be a copyright infringement, so that it may lead to legal issues. This plugin also has some critical features, like every plugin, so briefly discuss every key element.
- Fully Responsive: Everyone wants a responsive plugin to work perfectly on any device and screen size. So, every displayed feed by the plugin is responsive, even the one which has images. This plugin will automatically do the caching, giving you relief when it comes to page loading items.
- Shortcode Friendly: We all need the plugin which allows us to use the content and elements used by shortcodes. So, it will be more helpful, and we can use it anywhere on the websites like between the post or pages on Widget areas, etc. In this case, this plugin fully supports the Shortcodes. It will generate all of the shortcodes for your posts. We have to choose how to display the feeds on our website with the editable shortcodes parameters.
- Image Feeds: Now, everyone wants an RSS feed plugin to add pictures in the aggregated contents. It will look more attractive to the viewers and visitors. So, in this case, this plugin is capable, and it allows us to add the first image to the aggregated content. Other than that, you can choose any custom image that we want to be featured alongside the feeds.
- Unlimited Feeds: Now, this is an excellent feature of this plugin because this feature allows us to add in as many feeds to a single page you like. We can even use the same feed shortcode from other posts and pages.
The Feedly RSS Feeds plugin offers two types of plans, the first is Annual, and the other one is lifetime plan. Both have the same plan but different time criteria. The first plan is a personal plan which allows you to use this plugin on one website, like bloggers. This plan cost for one year is $50, and in case you want a lifetime plan, you can buy the plan for $200.
Then the developer plan allows you to use this plugin on three websites. Its annual cost is $120, and its lifetime membership cost is $500. Then the last play is the agency plan which will allow you to use this single license with unlimited sites. Its annual fee will be $250, and in case you want a lifetime membership of the agency plan, it will cost you around $1000.
4. Featured Image in RSS Feed
The Featured Image in RSS feed is another best plugin that will help us to add featured images to your RSS feeds. This plugin makes it a super easy process of adding pictures in the RSS feeds without writing a single line code. This plugin also provides multiple styles for our post thumbnails or our feature images which will look excellent and attractive. It’s a free plugin, which will give you all the features usability. But, there’s also a premium version of this plugin that offers more exciting features. It allows standard formatting options for featured images.
Let’s talk about some features of the featured image in the RSS Feed plugin, and this plugin will help you set output blog featured images to Mailchimp’s RSS email campaigns. This feature allows news aggregators like Feedly to automatically detect the feeds or content and instantly display it on our website. This feature also works with all the email marketing services that support RSS to the email listing feature. You can find many like Active Campaign, Infusionsoft, Hubspot, Zoho, etc. It even works with WooCommerce product images for product-based RSS campaigns. Let’s discuss some of the free features you can have for free.
- Featured Image In RSS Feed plugin can be used with any marketing automation services like Hubspot, Zoho, Feedburner, and Bloglovin.
- We can choose different featured images like thumbnails, medium, large, or theme-related size. It also supports full-size photos.
- It also allows us to choose the image positions like left above text, left text wrap, right text-wrap, or cantered above text.
- We can set the padding of the image, it allows you to instantly set the spacing between the image and the body text.
- It also integrates with WooCommerce to instantly add product photos to the product RSS feeds and create product-based RSS campaigns.
- With the help of this free plugin, you will get free support through WordPress forums.
- Even you will even get free updates like new features and new fixes too with a free plugin.
The featured image in RSS Feed plugin is available as a free version. You can see the feature list of the free plugin. But in case you want to buy this plugin, it is also available as a premium plan with $5.59 per month. The premium plan has many advanced features.
5. All in One SEO (AIOSEO)
AIO SEO or All in One SEO plugin is the best SEO plugin used by more than 2 million websites. This plugin allows you to optimize your website for search engines as well as helps to generate more traffic on your website. Other than that, this plugin also has an RSS editing feature. Using the AIO SEO plugin, we can easily add content to the beginning or end of the RSS feed. We can add content into the RSS feed’s footer. With the help of this feature, you can prevent content scraping and give your RSS readers a link that will take your visitor back to the website. This plugin provides many valuable features, and here you can see some of them in a features list below.
It has many features like it allows some users to manage the essential SEO features without giving a full access to someone. It also provides Schema Markup support so your website can have maximum traffic with rich snippets. This plugin also provides a Video SEO Sitemap generator, and this will help you rank higher on Google’s video carousel widget and get more traffic to your website. One of the primary key features of this plugin is to analyze your entire website and detect critical errors so we can resolve them.
- RSS Content: As discussed, this plugin allows you to complete control of the RSS feeds; you can customize them and add credits, custom text, and links. We can use this tool as an advertisement tool, and also it can monetize your blog.
- Local SEO: Now, this plugin also help you improve your local SEO, so the plugin that enables you to improve your SEO will automatically improve your site rank on google maps.
- Google News Sitemaps: It automatically generates XML sitemaps of your WordPress site. It also notifies you about all the search engines that have any updates or news.
- Social Media Integration: This gives you complete control of how the content looks on social media. It will also help you see how your image thumbnails look on Facebook, Twitter, and other social media accounts.
- WooCommerce SEO: This plugin fully supports the WooCommerce stores. It provide you an advance e-commerce SEO support. It will help you to optimize product pages, product categories, and much more.
There are four different plans available in this plugin, and the first plan is the basic plan which costs around $50 per year subscription. This plan has minimum features, and buyers can only use this plan on one website. Then the second plan is the plus plan which buyers can operate on three websites, but the cost of a one-year subscription is $100.
The All in One SEO plugin’s best deal is the pro plan with full features, and we can use this plan with ten websites. It will cost you $200 per year. Then they have another plan called Elite plan. This plan can benefit developers because this plan will allow you to use it on 100 websites. Its cost is $300 per year.
Conclusion: RSS is one of the best and the oldest technologies in use to curate content and create content feeds from different websites. It helps the content marketer as well as the content writer. These plugins allow us to add not only RSS but also the social media feeds on our website. I am sure one of these plugins will help you with your goal to attach a specific feeds on your site.
We hope this list of best RSS plugins for WordPress was helpful for you. If you have any questions, Feel free to ask for help in the following comment section. We are happy to help!