The 5 Best SEO Plugins for WordPress site
Posted on August 1st, 2021
SEO stands for Search Engine Optimization. The main aim of SEO is to increase the traffic to our website through search engines results. You can find a great host for your WordPress site to be sure that your websites load up speedily, and it also helps boost your SEO rankings. But it’s not as simple as it looks. You have to include the best relative keywords on your product pages and blog posts.
Then the size of the image will also matter, and the content readability will also matter. Therefore, it encompasses many tasks and strategies that might be difficult to implement without an SEO plugin. That’s why we need a good SEO plugin for our WordPress website. You can even fight against your competitors by using some of the best SEO plugins and utilizing the features provided. So if you are looking for the best SEO plugins, you are on the right page.
An ideal SEO plugin must have some of the primary key features. For example, it should help us to generate meta tags and descriptions based on our chosen keywords. There are so many plugins available that provide SEO features free and paid. Here in this article, many plugins are available that offer content analysis with actionable tips for improvements.
An ideal plugin also helps to create XML sitemaps of our website so that search engines crawlers can index our site. An Ideal SEO plugin will help you optimize your website for search engines like GOOGLE to support our content rank higher in search results. Once your content ranks higher, it can significantly grow our business. But the reason behind the confusion about SEO even for experienced website owners is, Finding posts and pages with high potential, fixing broken links, and re-organizing the site structure or conducting a complete SEO audit is not easy for the website owners.
So, in this article, we will learn some of the best SEO plugins and their features one by one. We choose some of the best SEO plugins which are already famous and provide some best features. But before diving into the list of the plugins, let’s learn what to expect from an SEO plugin.
What is an SEO plugin?
An SEO plugin is an extension for the WordPress platform, and it allows you to perform WordPress search engine optimization tasks. It also provides many essential tools which help us to upload enough and informative content. For example, it suggests you change some specific parts of your website, which allow the website to run smoothly. The search engines like Google, Bing and Yahoo like to show fast and smooth websites with engaging content. So your website can rank higher with the use of SEO plugins. Here are some other services of SEO plugins.
- We can edit our metadata and descriptions of your content, and you can even create custom title templates.
- The SEO plugin also helps you to optimize your social media metadata. It will help you to show your content on different social media networks. It will help you increase the traffic and redirect the visitors with the same interest to your website.
- You can add Canonical tags to the posts and pages, and it will help you prevent duplicate content issues.
- You can even find internal liking opportunities with SEO plugins.
In other words, an ideal SEO plugin will show you tools and a dashboard that helps you with alert systems. It also offers the analysis of your website’s data and overall site’s health. It also suggests you the changes which can be your opportunities to get a better healthy website.
We can not use two SEO plugins for one website. It affects your website’s usability, also causes data conflicts and also affects your site’s performance. So, here are some of the best SEO plugins available. We will discuss all the selected plugins briefly in this article.
- Yoast SEO
- Rank Math
- All In One SEO Pack
- SEO Squirrly
1. Yoast SEO
Yoast SEO is one of the most popular SEO plugins for WordPress websites. This plugin comes with a bundle of features that helps us to improve our site SEO. This plugin will help you quickly add SEO descriptions and titles to the website’s posts and pages.
It also allows you to add Open Graph information and social media images to your WordPress content. The Yoast SEO plugin comes with excellent features that help you produce search engine-friendly content with readability scores and errors. It has a beautiful and easy to use interface, the most popular user-friendly option for making your blog posts and product pages stand out.
The Yoast SEO plugin also helps us with XML sitemaps. It automatically generates sitemaps to make it easier for search engines to crawl your content. It also allows you to import the old SEO plugins data in case you had used any. The Yoast SEO plugin is famous because many things like Yoast SEO have its website with premium support options. It belongs to a thriving community in the forum section of the website. Yoast SEO also shares information about SEO with famous blogs.
It provides SEO courses for beginners, immediate and advanced users. Yoast SEO also adds meta boxes to all your pages and posts, and it helps you quickly set the focus on specific keywords, meta descriptions and canonical URLs. As we discussed, it also provides readability analysis which allows us to generate SEO friendly content.
The Yoast SEO plugin has a long feature list. Let’s discuss each feature in brief.
- The Yoast SEO plugin allows you to analyze the post and pages. Just type in the keywords, and the Yoast SEO plugin will show you how well you have optimized for those keywords.
- It also provides Advanced XML sitemaps for your WordPress website.
- This plugin shows you exactly what your Google search engine result is going to look like. So, you can change the title and meta descriptions to create them more appealing and keyword-rich.
- It also supports Schema Markup and Breadcrumbs Control.
- The Yoast SEO plugin also provides readability checks for your content. It provides suggestions about breaking up paragraphs and adding elements like numbered lists or headers. It also offers active and passive sentence suggestions.
- The Yoast SEO plugin automatically detects if you have duplicate content in your pages and posts.
- This plugin has some of the best resources and support. You can not find a plugin with that type of resource in any other plugin. Its support system has the highest ranking with five-star ratings.
- The developers also provide regular updates every two weeks.
- The Yoast SEO plugin comes with both free and premium versions. The premium version provides advanced features like redirect manager, free support, content insights and an ad-free interface.
- With all the features of this plugin, you also get access to the free Yoast SEO courses.
Yoast SEO core plugin is free, and it is available on WordPress Plugin’s library. It has all the essential features required in an ideal SEO plugin, and if you want advanced features, you have to pay for the premium plugin support. The Yoast SEO premium plan for one site costs you around $89 without any discount. Then it has different prices according to site numbers. For two websites, you have to pay $169, and you can save more with more websites.
The SEOPress plugin is another popular plugin available for WordPress websites. It has all the features which are required for an ideal SEO plugin. The SEOPress plugin is a powerful plugin that is entirely white-labelled and free from ads. It comes with compressive features that enable you to optimize your websites fully. This plugin is available in both free and premium versions, and both have no ads in the interface.
SEOPress allows you to manage all of the titles and meta descriptions for the posts, pages, post types, and terms. You can also build your website’s custom XML sitemap, manage redirections, analyze content based on keywords and many more features like it.
Now let’s discuss some interesting facts about the SEOPress plugin. This plugin is fully integrated with google analytics and also allows you to track your SEO efforts. And Just like the Yoast SEO plugin, it also provides a content analysis tool that helps you to optimize the content of your post and pages. Developers are also able to customize the plugin as per their requirements. This plugin is entirely user and beginner-friendly.
It comes with a setup wizard which allows users to understand the plugin and its working mechanism. It also has advanced features and controls for experienced WordPress users. For example, it’s comparable to other top SEO plugins when it comes to features and settings.
Now, let’s discuss all the features of the SEOPress plugin one by one briefly.
- The SEOPress plugin provides an intuitive setup wizard to set up the plugin for the first time. It will help you to change some default settings and connect to the website for analysis.
- It also supports Local Business SEO, and it is beneficial when you have a local store of products or services. So, your local customers will find your store easily.
- The SEOPress plugin has support for unlimited keywords. These keywords related to your website and blog will be helpful to increase traffic through SEO.
- This plugin comes with breadcrumbs optimization for SEO and accessibility. It also supports Image SEO.
- This plugin also supports WooCommerce and Easy Digital Downloads store optimizations.
- The SEOPress plugin also provides a dashboard where you can monitor Social Media network information.
- It also supports Google Structured Data Types like the product, article, events, local business, recipe, review, FAQ, course and video.
- This plugin also helps you to add backlinks from integrations with majestic and third party API.
- This plugin comes with Google Page Speed v5 integration to quickly check the quality of a website’s pages.
- And this plugin also provides Google Analytics stats on WordPress Dashboard to monitor the site health and other data like social media numbers.
- With the help of this plugin, you can add dynamic titles and meta descriptions for your pages and posts. It will be beneficial for the Search engines to find the best information results.
- And as we already discussed, this plugin also provides all the SEO related tutorials free. So, you can learn more about SEO and other essential tools.
The SEOPress core plugin with almost all the features which is required from an ideal plugin is free. But still, the free version comes with limited features, and you have to pay for the extra features like Importing, Dublin core, Custom Schemas etc. The pro version of this plugin will cost you $39 with one year of support and updates. You can use one license on unlimited websites.
3. Rank Math
The Rank Math plugin is another most helpful plugin available for WordPress sites. This plugin is a bundle with huge SEO tools, and all the features are easy to use. Like upon plugin, this plugin also provides an Intuitive setup wizard and innovative automation features. It will help beginners optimize their content in a few clicks and build upload ready content for your website. It also provides all the tools which are needed to get complete control of your on-page SEO.
The Rank Math plugin combines multiple SEO plugins that you can use on WordPress for SEO. It also brings everything into one easy to manage plugin that is also lightweight. Additionally, this plugin allows you to pick the features you need without overloading your website. It has a module-based system which is helpful to get only necessary functions.
Rank Math is a fast-growing user-friendly WordPress SEO plugin. It also allows you to optimize your website for search engines and social media. It also allows you to import your previous SEO plugin’s data files. Rank Math plugin also helps you manage on-page SEO of the post, pages, products, and other taxonomies.
Rank Math also allows you to control non-index, non follow, non-archive meta tags of all the taxonomies in general and individual posts or pages. It also integrated with Google Search Console and keyword ranking tools. These tools will help you if you want to stay ahead of your competitors. It also provides a built-in 404 dashboard monitor, which will help you to resolve errors for a better user experience.
So, here is the list of all the features available in the Rank Math plugin. Let’s discuss each feature one by one briefly.
- This plugin can be your one-stop shop because it provides all the features which your SEO needs.
- Each post, page and product of your website run through an SEO Analysis. The tool has different content based on 40 factors. It also provides Schema Markup for your website.
- The Rank Math plugin has a clean interface. All the options provided by this plugin are easy to understand for beginners too.
- This plugin gives you options to automatically add alternative or title tags to your image that are missing them.
- This plugin comes with a 404 monitor, and it will show you where the users are facing the errors. It also provides a redirect manager to redirect the users to specific pages. So, you can make the 404 error to something a little more beneficial on your website.
- Rank Math plugin comes with XML sitemaps module bundles. It also pings the search engines automatically after the changes on your posts and pages.
- This plugin also supports Rich Snippets, and you can choose up to 6 types of snippets like articles, Products, Recipes, Events, Video and Local Business.
- Just like upon plugins, the breadcrumb is a part of this plugin. You don’t have to use other plugins to add breadcrumbs.
- The Rank Math plugin also provides internal linking suggestions, and it will help you provide better information on clicks.
Rank Mathcore plugin will have all the required features freely available on the WordPress library. The core free plugin has limited features, but it has enough features required from an ideal SEO plugin. It also has a pro version which will provide you with more advanced features with all the essential elements of the core plugin. The cost for the premium plugin is $59 per year, and you can use the single license on unlimited websites.
4. All In One SEO Pack
All In One SEO(AIO SEO) is another of the best SEO plugins for the WordPress website. We can also say it is one of the most popular plugins because it already crosses 2 million active users. It is an excellent alternative to Yoast SEO. Like the Yoast SEO plugin, this plugin is beginner-friendly. You don’t have to worry about the complex settings. It works well, and it has an easy setup process after the activation.
For example, the All In One SEO plugin automatically generates meta tags and optimizes site titles for Google and other search engines. In simple words, the AIO SEO plugin has the most user-friendly interface and also provides tools that improve your search engine rankings. And you don’t have to configure any complex and complicated settings.
The All In One SEO plugin’s starting wizard makes it easier to choose the best settings for your business types. Even its TruSEO on-page analysis displays a checklist of options for optimizing your posts and pages. The inventory includes a meta tags generator for your SEO titles and meta descriptions. It automatically uses dynamic values like the year, month, day, custom fields and author info. In other words, we don’t need to update a post to change the SEO titles with the help of this plugin.
The AIO SEO plugin also has support for e-commerce websites. It comes with WooCommerce SEO tools that will help you perform some tasks like Individual product page optimization and product image SEO. If you have SEO knowledge, you can easily use the advanced features of this plugin. The advanced features will help you control RSS feeds, Google News Sitemaps, Video SEOs and many other essential features. So let’s see some of the best features of this plugin in brief.
- The All In One SEO plugin supports XML and RSS sitemaps. It provides an XML sitemap with Advanced controls like an SEO health check and other features to improve search engine visibility.
- It also supports image SEO, and it is very needy and beneficial for an e-commerce website.
- AIO SEO also has rich snippet schema markup. It will help you to provide better information to the search engines about your websites and posts.
- It also provides Advanced canonical URLs.
- Like the Yoast SEO plugin, the AIO SEO plugin also has duplicate content detection. It will alert you if you have any similar content on your pages and posts.
- This plugin also supports API.
- This plugin also has support for E-commerce websites with image SEO.
- With the help of this plugin, you can access some SEO features for some specific users. So we don’t have to give complete control of your website to the users.
The All In One SEO plugin is available for free with limited features. For more advanced features, you have to buy a pro plan. The First Basic pro plan costs you $50 per year, and the user can use this license only once. You can go with the second plan called Plus plan if you want to use this plugin on multiple sites. The second plan cost is $100 per year with three website support. The 3rd plan is one of the most reliable and most used plans, and it costs you around $200 per year. The Agency license can be supported on more than ten websites.
5. SEO Squirrly
The last SEO plugin of this article is SEO Squirrly. The reason behind choosing this plugin is, not everyone is an SEO expert. So if you’re a beginner at using SEO, this plugin can be the best option for you. It is a complete beginner-friendly SEO tool that generates recommendations in real life.
SEO Squirrly provides a comprehensive SEO suite without any complicated solutions or elements. It generates SEO recommendations differently from any other listed plugin in this article. It allows you to optimize content for your chosen keywords as you’re writing the content. Even it provides analysis of the competitors with suggestions of what we can improve to outrank similar pages.
The SEO Squirrly plugin comes with innovative features, and it will help you with your marketing efforts. As an example, it can measure your audience engagements and offers actionable advice to improve your click-through rates. It also allows you to import your previous SEO Plugin settings.
And just like the Yoast SEO plugin, it also provides an SEO friendly editor which provides simple suggestions to create SEO friendly content. The desired keyword is also punched in so that when you continue writing your content, a series of green lights is activated in real-time. So, here is the list of features provided by this plugin. Let’s discuss each plugin one by one in brief.
- The SEO Squirrly plugin supports Schema markup, and it is an essential feature for SEO.
- It automatically optimizes the keyword as you’re writing the article. This plugin is more straightforward than Yoast, where you often have to save the article to see suggestions and results.
- Just like some of the listed plugins, it also provides free coaching sessions.
- This plugin can import all the settings from your previous SEO plugin if you’re thinking of changing the SEO plugin. It can keep all the settings of previous plugins.
- This plugin also provides XML sitemaps. It also allows you to monitor social media networks.
- As we discussed, this plugin also provides a tool which can analyze your competitors’ website. It also gives you suggestions on how you can improve your content and how you can outrank it.
- Now here are some exciting features available in this plugin. The SEO Squirrly plugin includes content reports that you can send to other people in your organization. For example, a writer can see the reports and improve himself by seeing the reports.
- This plugin provides progress reports weekly basis. It also provides a solid tool that shows recent tweets about your topics. It will help you to improve your content information and readability.
- And lastly, this plugin also has E-commerce advanced features like image SEO and particular product page optimizations.
You can find both types of versions of this plugin. The SEO Squirrly plugin is available as a free version from the WordPress library. But the free version will come with limited features. You can choose any pro plan in case you want advanced features. It has three different plans; Pro, Business and Agency.
The Pro plan costs you around $21 per month. You can use the single pro license on seven websites. Then the business plan costs you approximately $72 per month. And the final agency plan’s price is $76 per month. You can use this license on 50 websites. Then it has other conditions available in the following image.
Conclusion: SEO is all about creating a perfect website that a search engine can understand and also helps a person who is reading the content. For that, search engines recommend a specific structure of the website. For example, You can set the meta information about the page in <meta> tags in <head> section of the page. All these plugins are making your life easier by providing you an easy-to-understand interface to perform all SEO tasks.
All these plugins provide different major features. You can select a plugin that fits the best to your requirements. We hope this list helped you with the decision to select the best SEO plugin for your WordPress site. If you have questions, Please let us know in the comment section given below. We will respond with the help or answers as soon as possible.