5 Best WordPress Font Plugins to Customize Fonts on Your Site
By Adarsh Sojitra on December 8th, 2021
Typography plays an important role in web design. It improves readability and the time users spend on your website. Beautiful fonts create a better user experience, increase engagement, and boost users’ time on your site. WordPress Plugin directory has multiple typography plugins, which provides more than 1000 fonts to customize your site’s content. Many premium WordPress themes already come with access to Google fonts. Also, they allow you to tweak typography to suit your needs. You can install and activate the font plugins for free directly from the dashboard.
These plugins allow you to upload custom fonts as well. Advanced users can learn how to add external fonts in WordPress. They can use Google Fonts in their WordPress themes. However, most users are beginners and don’t know how to edit theme files. Fortunately, there are a bunch of WordPress plugins that help you improve typography on your site without writing any code. Also, most of the plugins mentioned here are SEO-friendly as well. Here, we have mentioned the list of font plugins that come with many advanced options and features.
List of the best WordPress Font Plugins
- Fonts Plugin
- WP Google Fonts
- Use Any Fonts
- Easy Google Fonts
- Font Awesome
Fonts Plugin is one of the popular WordPress fonts plugins. Google Fonts includes more than 990 fonts and using this plugin, you can easily use any of them on your site. You can easily select one font for heading and another for your WordPress content. The plugin includes a live preview feature as well. Thus, you can easily see the changes while editing the font style and sizes on the site’s front end. Also, the plugin is available in the WordPress plugin library. So you can install and activate from the WordPress dashboard directly.
The real-time WordPress customizer helps you to make changes anywhere on your site easily. Moreover, the plugin has Adobe fonts integrations. Also, it is compatible with almost all WordPress themes. You can update the plugin easily with just one click. Moreover, the plugin is translation-ready so that you can translate it into multiple languages. Also, it is HTTPS and SSL compatible as well. The plugin is also SEO-friendly. It allows you to host the fonts locally. Additionally, you can upload custom fonts. It lets you modify font Size, Weight, Color, and Line Height Typography Settings.
Fonts plugin is tested with many WordPress themes such as Lyrathemes, Twenty Seventeen, and Themegrill. Using this plugin, you can align the text to the right, left, and center. The plugin is free to use. It also provides a premium version of the plugin, which comes with advanced options and features. You can unlock the pro features by upgrading the plan to premium. So, let’s discuss the basic features of this plugin in brief,
- Fonts plugin has a straightforward and user-friendly interface.
- The plugin supports 998 Google fonts and allows you to use those fonts anywhere on your site.
- Using this plugin, you can modify font size, weight, color, and typography settings as well.
- Also, the plugin is tested with many popular themes. It is compatible with almost all WordPress themes.
- It is a translation-ready plugin, so you can translate it into any language you want.
- The plugin allows you to upload custom fonts as well. Moreover, you can host Google fonts locally.
- Additionally, you will have Gutenberg block as well such as Adobe fonts support and text-align (Left, right, and center)
- Also, it offers a live preview editor. Hence, you can see the changes on the front end of the site while editing.
- The plugin is compatible with HTTPS and SSL as well.
- Fonts plugin is tested with many WordPress themes such as Lyrathemes, Twenty Seventeen, and Themegrill.
- Moreover, the plugin also provides a premium version, which comes with advanced options and features. You can unlock the pro features by upgrading the plan to premium.
The Fonts plugin is free to use the WordPress plugin. You can install and activate it from the WordPress plugin library for free. Also, it provides a premium version with pro features. The plugin offers three paid plans – Personal, Team, and Business. The Personal plan costs $29 with a license for a single site. Also, the Team plan retails at $49 and provides the license for up to 3 websites. If you want a license for up to 10 sites, you can upgrade to a Business plan. The Premium version consists of many features such as font preloading, custom elements, letter spacing, and many more.
WP Google Fonts
WP Google Fonts plugin is another most popular WordPress fonts plugin. It helps you use Google’s free service to add high-quality fonts to your WordPress-powered site. Also, the plugin gives you the ability to assign the Google fonts to specific CSS elements of your website from within the WordPress admin. Moreover, you can also target the Google fonts from your own theme’s stylesheet. This plugin is available in the WordPress plugin directory for free.
The Google font directory is updated so frequently with new fonts. The plugin makes the new updates available so you can use the new fonts easily. The plugin’s control panel lets you modify the fonts and font style. You can assign different fonts to different elements on your site. The plugin is free to use, so you don’t have to pay for additional features. So, let’s discuss the basic features of this plugin in brief,
- WP Google Fonts plugin gives you access to all Google Fonts for free.
- The plugin has a very user-friendly setup process and straightforward interface.
- You can use all the fonts available in the Google font directory. Newly updated fonts are also made available for use.
- It also gives you the ability to assign the Google fonts to specific CSS elements of your website from within the WordPress admin.
- The control panel of the plugin lets you edit the fonts, font style, and custom CSS. Moreover, you can assign various fonts to the different elements of your site.
- The plugin is completely free to use. Thus, you will have all the features for free.
- You can assign different fonts to different elements on your site. The plugin is free to use, so you don’t have to pay for additional features.
WP Google Fonts plugin is free and open-source software. You can install and activate the plugin from the WordPress plugin library for free. The plugin doesn’t have any premium version, so you don’t need to pay for advanced features.
Use Any Fonts
Use Any Fonts plugin is one of the best fonts plugins for WordPress plugins. You can upload custom fonts on your site. You can select from more than 20,000 predefined font collections to add to your site. It even has Google fonts which you can store on your own server. Also, the plugin gives you a countable number of fonts to select from either the one that stores your custom font in the remote server.
Use Any Fonts is available in the WordPress plugin directory for free. You can just upload one format. And the rest needed formats to work in all browsers are automatically converted even in woff2 compressed format for the latest browsers. It also speeds up the load time. The installation and setup process is simple and user-friendly.
Moreover, the plugin supports all major browsers, including IE, Edge, Firefox, Chrome, Safari, IOS, Android, Opera, and more. It comes with font conversion within the font uploader and a quick font assign interface. You can select predefined HTML tags or assign them to custom CSS. It allows you to use uploaded custom fonts from the WordPress editor. It works well with many editors such as Beaver Builder, Divi Builder, Themify Builder, Generate Press, and many more. The plugin supports font format, including ttf, otf, woff. You only need to upload a font in 1 format. Other required fonts are converted automatically by a font converter. So, let’s discuss the basic elements of this plugin in brief,
- Use Any Fonts plugin is one of the effective fonts plugins for WordPress. It allows you to use Google fonts and more than 20,000 predefined fonts as well, unlike other font plugins.
- You can upload custom fonts as well.
- The plugin supports font format, including ttf, otf, woff. But it lets you upload only one font format. Also, other required fonts are converted automatically by the font convertor.
- It accepts custom font files up to 25 MB.
- The plugin is SEO-friendly and provides quick loading due to woff2 compression.
- Use Any Fonts plugin is compatible with WPML and Polylang plugin. So, you can translate it into any language you want.
- However, you will need an API key to connect to its server for font conversion.
- The plugin has a user-friendly and straightforward interface.
- This font plugin is free to use. It also offers a premium version with advanced features and options.
Use Any Fonts plugin has a free and premium version both. The free version is available in the WordPress plugin library. It offers three paid plans – Personal, Business and Corporate. Also, the Personal plan costs $9.99 with a license for one site. The validity of this plan is a lifetime. In this plan, you can upload multiple custom fonts as well. The Business plan retails at $29.99 and provides the license for up to 10 sites. The Corporate plan costs $49.99 and offers a license for unlimited sites. All the plans are lifetime, so you need to pay only once. If this plugin doesn’t suit your site, it ensures a refund of the payment in 30 days.
Easy Google Fonts
Very few plugins listed in the WordPress plugin directory have integrated Google Fonts with WordPress. Easy Google Fonts is an excellent option for the Fonts plugin. The plugin lets you get a live preview of how the different fonts will look on your website before publishing it. You can use different fonts in the different elements of your site, such as paragraphs and headings. Moreover, you can also change the size, color, and other text attributes, all through WordPress Customizer.
In short, this plugin allows you to add Google Fonts to your theme without having to write a single line of code. The Easy Google Fonts plugin is free to use, and it can be installed on your site directly from the WordPress plugin directory. The Easy Google Fonts plugin allows you to preview and change the different fonts on your website using the WordPress Customizer tool. All the control and management will be from the WordPress dashboard. Once the plugin has been activated, it adds a new section of controls to the Customizer titled Typography.
Using this plugin, you can start trying out the different fonts available from Google and customize the ones in use on your website. Easy Google Fonts gives you lots of controls for customizing how the text on your website looks. You can also modify the font styles to customize and then choose an option from the Font Family dropdown menu. So, let’s discuss the basic features of this plugin in brief,
- Easy Google Fonts Plugin allows you to take full control of your theme’s typography in any WordPress theme.
- You can choose from over 600+ google fonts and font variants to insert into your website without a single coding.
- It has a Live WordPress customizer feature. The plugin allows you to preview font changes on your website in real-time using the WordPress Customizer.
- It creates Unlimited Custom Font Controls. It lets you create custom font controls in the admin area, instantly available in the Customizer preview.
- The plugin lets you preview what your theme will look like with the new google fonts before you save any changes, unlike other fonts plugins.
- It allows you to create your font controls and rules in the admin area.
- The plugin automatically enqueues all stylesheets for your chosen google fonts.
- Easy Google Fonts plugin has a user-friendly setup process and straightforward interface.
- The plugin is free to use the WordPress fonts plugin.
- It allows you to add google fonts to your theme without editing the theme’s main stylesheet, which allows you to update your theme without losing your custom google fonts.
Easy Google Fonts plugin is free to use a WordPress plugin. You can install it from the WordPress plugin directory for free. You don’t have to pay for advanced options and features. Also, you will have multiple developer features in the free version of the plugin.
Font Awesome is one of the effective fonts plugins for WordPress sites. Using the Font Awesome library on your WordPress site is relatively painless. Once you follow these simple steps, you’ll be able to lower your page-load time and create some perfect, crisp designs using these icons as part of your work. One thing to remember is that (most of the time) the Font Awesome icons are going to be delivered to your site as actual fonts. Hence the name Font Awesome. You will be able to style and manipulate them in every way you usually could a font character, using the Font Awesome font family.
Because of that, you won’t have to worry about sizing or spacing for each browser or viewport. If it sounds great, that’s because it is. With the plugin installed and activated, you can have access to the shortcode and the HTML snippets.
The Method option is probably the most important for most folks. You can toggle between Web Font or SVG. While SVG gives you more power and features (such as power transforms and masking), the Font Awesome CDN will deliver the icons as SVG files, not as a font. While that is better in ways, the SVG isn’t recognized by as many browsers, nor does WordPress always play well with SVG images. So we suggest playing it safe with the Web Font version. So, let’s discuss the basic features of this plugin in brief,
- Font awesome plugin allows you to use free and pro icons.
- The plugin has a very user-friendly setup process and straightforward interface.
- Also, it leverages the latest release or a specific version of our icons.
- You will have two formats supporting SVG and Web Font.
- It allows you to choose from loading your icons from the classic Font Awesome CDN or using Font Awesome Kits. Font Awesome Kit is the easiest and most efficient way to use Font Awesome icons on the web.
- The plugin lets you turn on automatic compatibility for Font Awesome Version 4 if you are using version 4 Syntax.
- The plugin easily solves issues when multiple versions of Font Awesome are loading on your site from other plugins or themes. It can cause unexpected icon displays or technical issues.
- The plugin has a straightforward interface.
- It has both free and premium versions. The premium version of the plugin comes with advanced options.
Fonts Awesome plugin is free to use fonts plugin for WordPress plugin. You can install and activate directly from the WordPress plugin library for free. It provides a premium version with pro features. The free version of the plugin comes with limited features. It offers one paid plan – A standard plan. The Standard plan costs $99 per year and includes access to more than 7000 icons, 20 hosted pro kits, four styles, brands, etc.
The WordPress fonts plugin mentioned above is very efficient. You will have more than 1000 Google fonts to modify on your site. Also, you can upload the custom fonts on your sites using this plugin. All the plugins mentioned here are available in the WordPress plugin directory for free. Also, they provide the premium version as well with advanced options and features. The installation and setup process is very user-friendly and straightforward.
Moreover, most of the plugin provides a live WordPress customizer. So, you can easily see the changes on the front end of the site while editing. The most effective font plugin is “Fonts Plugin.” It has very powerful features and access to multiple fonts. We hope this article will help you to choose the right font plugin for your site.