Change Favicon in Magento2
By Jithin on April 26th, 2019
Favicon is the abbreviation of ‘Favorite Icon’ – is a small icon on the tab of each browser page. Favicons are generally 32×32 pixels or 16×16 pixels in size. Magento supports PNG, JPG, ICO and SVG file types. The most widely used file format for favicon is ICO. The steps to change favicon in Magento 2.1+ are listed below.
1) Create a new Favicon
Create a 16×16 or 32×32 pixels graphic image of your logo and convert the image to .ico extension using any of the online conversion tool.
2) Upload the Favicon to your store
The steps to upload the Favicon to your store are listed below.
1) Login to Magento2 admin panel.
2) Navigate to Content >> Design >> Configuration.
3) In Design Configuration, click “Edit” to edit your current website store view.
4) Upload the favicon image that you have prepared by clicking the “Upload” menu, after expanding the “HTML Head” section on the resulted screen.
5)When complete, select the button “Save Configuration”.
To view the new favicon, return to your storefront and press F5 to refresh the browser.
To change Favicon on Magento 2.0.x versions
1) Select “Stores” on the Admin sidebar.
2) Go to Settings >> Configuration.
3) Select “Design” from the “General” section.
4) Upload favicon after expanding the HTML head section.
5) When complete, select “Save Configuration”.
If you need any further help, please do reach our support department.