Collect and Display Testimonials using Strong Testimonials WP Plugin
By Adarsh Sojitra on March 17th, 2022
Strong Testimonial by WPChill is also a powerful testimonial plugin for WordPress websites. The plugin includes different styles and layout options. It also consists of many template designs. If you want to edit the templates, you can do it with custom CSS. For displaying reviews, you will have shortcodes or the widget. It has a variety of templates that work well with any WordPress theme.
If you use a testimonial submission form, the data collected will be stored in your database. Moreover, you can easily embed third-party reviews on websites.The plugin provides a few basic style options for background color and font color. Some templates have light & dark versions as well. If you want to customize elements like fonts, margins, and borders, you can do it with custom CSS.
The paid version of the plugin includes many pro features. Pro features consist of spam protection and custom testimonial form fields. A basic license for Strong Testimonials Pro costs around $49 a year. It gives you access to the country selector extension as well. So, let’s discuss the basic features in brief.
- The Strong Testimonial plugin provides various pre-designed free templates. You can directly use them on your website. Also, it allows you to customize templates the way you want.
- Moreover, it also comes with Spam Protection to protect your review submission forms. This feature is essential because it must stop spam and other automated abuse.
- This plugin also offers Testimonial Assignment. So, you can easily categorize the reviews and assign them to custom post types for easy management and filtering.
- Also, the plugin offers multiple Layouts. So, you can choose any unique testimonial layout as your widget.
- This plugin also offers Advanced View Settings, which will help you create a view for different layouts. You can create your testimonial section and review the Form and Star rating views.
- Using this plugin, you can easily create multiple review submission forms. So you can easily collect the reviews from numerous submission forms.
- Moreover, this Plugin is SEO-Friendly.
- You can also import reviews from the social media platforms like Facebook, Yelp, Google, and many more. However, this feature is available in the pro version of the plugin.
- You can get the license for up to 99 sites using the pro version of the plugin.
- The pro plans provide various advanced features like review markup, Mail chimp integrations, custom form fields, etc.
- Moreover, the plugin also provides Custom Form Fields. Thus, you can easily collect additional information with the review submissions.
- You can automate importing, managing, and displaying your reviews using a dedicated 3-rd party importer.
- The plugin also ensures a money-back guarantee if it doesn’t suit your site.
The Strong Testimonial plugin is available in the Free version. You can find this plugin in the WordPress plugin directory for free. However, the free version has limited features.
The plugin offers four paid plans: –
- Basic plan costs $49 and provides license and support for one site. It also includes review markup and country locator.
- Plus plan retails at $69 and provides pro templates, SEO-friendly markups, spam controls, etc. This plan offers licenses for three sites.
- Business plan costs $99 and consists of Multiple reviews collection forms, Mail chimp integrations, etc. Also, this plan comes with one year of support for five sites.
- Agency plan retails at $149 and includes one year of support and update for 99 sites.
Finally, Let’s get started with the installation process.
How to Install and Activate Strong Testimonial Plugin
Here are the steps to install and activate the Strong testimonial plugins.
Step 1: Log in to your WordPress admin panel. Note that you will need a privilege to install a plugin on your site.
Step 2: From the left sidebar, Click on the Plugins -> Add New.
Step 3: In the top-right corner of the page, find the search box and enter “Strong Testimonial Plugin” as a search query.
Step 4: Now click on the “Install Now” button.
Step 5: After installation, you will need to activate the Strong Testimonial Plugin to use it on your site. Now, click on “Activate.”
Now you have successfully installed and activated the plugin. You can easily add and display reviews on your site using this plugin.
How to Add Testimonial Using Strong Testimonial Plugin
After activating the plugin on your site, you can start using this plugin on your site. To add a new testimonial, you need to do a few settings. We have explained step by step guide below on how to use this plugin,
Step 1: First, go to the “Testimonial” option on the left-hand side panel of the WordPress dashboard. Then select “Add New” to add a new review on your site.
Step 2: After that, add the title of the testimonial and description. You can also add images to the testimonials. You can also edit the reviews from the customers.
Step 3: Now, scroll down to the “Client details” to add the client’s name and other details. Enter client’s name, email, company name, and website. You can also show the client’s rating as feedback to your service or product. Also, the plugin allows you to import the testimonials from Facebook, Google, Yelp, Zomato, and many more. However, that feature is available in the pro version of the plugin. You can upgrade to the pro version to unlock this feature.
Step 4: After that, you can add new categories for testimonials. Moreover, it also allows you to set the featured image.
Once you are done with the editing, you can publish the testimonial. This way, you can easily add reviews using the Strong Testimonial Plugin. The plugin provides shortcodes for testimonials to display the reviews anywhere on your site.
How to Display Testimonials Using Shortcodes
To display the reviews, you will have shortcodes. You can follow the steps mentioned below to display the testimonial using shortcodes.
Step 1: Once you have created the testimonial, you can display it anywhere on your site. First, go to the “Testimonial” option on the left-hand side panel of the dashboard. Then select “Shortcodes.”
Step 2: You will find the shortcodes for testimonial views, testimonial count, and average ratings. Copy any shortcodes from it and paste them on the page or post, or widget. If you want to display the number of testimonials, you can use [testimonial_count].
- For testimonial view. You can use – [testimonial_view id=”1″]. Also, each view has a unique shortcode.
- For testimonial count for a specific category, you can use – [testimonial_count category=”local”].
- For testimonial average ratings, you can use – [testimonial_average_rating /].
Also, it allows you to customize the content tags and insert the tags into your custom content. Moreover, you can also alternate content tags. Copy any of the shortcodes.
Step 3: Now, create a new page or post to display the reviews. Click on the “+” sign in the editor. Then search for a shortcode block to paste the shortcode. Now, enter the copied shortcode in the box. After that, you can publish the post. You can also check the preview to see whether the reviews are correctly displayed or not.
You can display the reviews anywhere on your website using shortcodes. The shortcodes are mentioned above, and you can use any shortcodes as per your choice.
Strong testimonial is one of the best testimonial plugins for the WordPress plugin. You can easily add and display the testimonial on your site. The plugin also allows you to import reviews from search engines and social media platforms like Facebook, Instagram, Yelp, Google, etc. It also provides shortcodes to display the testimonials anywhere on your site. The plugin has a free version available in the WordPress plugin directory for free. The free version has enough features to display the reviews.
Moreover, the pro version provides various templates and integrations. However, the import feature is available in the pro version. If you want to use the advanced features, you can purchase the pro version of this plugin.
The installation and setup process is very straightforward. You can follow the steps mentioned above to install and activate the plugin. Also, we have mentioned step-by-step guides on how to add and display the reviews. We hope this article will help you display and add reviews on your site using the Strong Testimonial plugin.