All about cPanel Chkservd Service
CHKSERVD Service is an in-built monitoring tool with cPanel. It monitors other services running on the server. You can assign the services to the chkservd service that need to be monitored. If the services monitored by chkservd is found down, it will try to restart that service and will also notify the admin of the server by sending Email alerts.
Enable/disable services to be monitored by chkservd
1) Login to your WHM interface.
2) Navigate to Home >>Service Configuration.
3) Click the icon ‘Service Manager’.
4) You can select the services you need to monitor and click on the save button to make the changes.
1) Login to the server via SSH.
2) Open the configuration file /etc/chkserv.d/chkservd.conf by using your favorite text editor.
$ vi /etc/chkserv.d/chkservd.conf
3) Add the below line in to the file to enable the service.
4) Restart chkservd services.
$ /scripts/restartsrv chkservd
If you need any further assistance please contact our support department.