cPanel Started NodeJS Support
By Jithin on June 10th, 2019
The cPanel introduced the NodeJS support in the recent v80 release. Previously the cPanel had no support for the NodeJS, that either we’d to install manually on the server which even won’t have a user-friendly interface or by purchasing Cloud Linux that they provided NodeJS support on hand. The Cloud Linux license has a cost of $10 per month, that their system built over CentOS with additional security and hardening process. It is worth looking at this if you are running a hosting business within your VPS/Dedicated server. You can refer our knowledge base article on how to install NodeJS within Cloud Linux OS here – https://www.interserver.net/tips/kb/cloudlinux-nodejs-support-cpanel/
Here are the requirements of cPanel’s NodeJS package:
1) CentOS 6 or 7, Red Hat® Enterprise Linux® (RHEL) 6 or 7, or Cloud Linux™ 6 or 7 OS
2) EasyApache 4
3) Require root level access.
1) Login to the server as a root user via SSH, and run the following commands to install cPanel’s EasyApache4 Nodejs package.
yum install ea-ruby24-mod_passenger ea-apache24-mod_env
yum install ea-nodejs10
2) The above will install the below applications and these will be stored in the /opt/cpanel/ea-nodejs10/bin/ directory on the server.
Method 2 (UI)
1) Login to the WHM interface with the root logins and click on “EasyApache4” icon under the Software tab.
2) Click on “Customize” blue button on the current profile (at the top) to install the new packages
3) Click on “Additional Packages” option from the left tab menu.
4) Toggle the button beside the nodejs10 package and click on the “Next” button.
5) Here it will show an overview of the packages that will be installed, make sure there is none listed in the third column, and if all good then click on the “Provision” button at the bottom to start the installation.
The cPanel users can then install the Node.js web applications by either cloning through cPanel’s Git Version Control interface or by creating a new application via the cPanel’s ‘’Application Manager” interface.
If you need any assistance with setting up the above, feel free to get in contact with our support team either via email or LiveChat.