Create an LMS on your WordPress site with LearnPress Plugin
By Adarsh Sojitra on December 8th, 2021
Learnpress is the free WordPress LMS plugin for WordPress sites. The plugin provides all necessary features to customize the courses, lessons, and quizzes. You can set up an effective online course platform using this plugin. Each course curriculum can be made with lessons and assignments, which can be managed with an easy user interface. The LearnPress plugin allows you to set up your wizard just in a few clicks. The plugin will let you export your content to another website that also uses LearnPress. Moreover, it also supports WordPress multisite.
You can set requirements for students to learn lessons with premium add-ons. Additionally, you can enhance your site capability with many free and premium add-ons like the press, BuddyPress, Woocommerce, etc. The LearPress plugin is compatible with any WordPress theme. However, you can also use their own WordPress LMS theme to avoid issues and offer a better user experience. Moreover, you can add a point system to your eLearning WordPress site using the LearnPress and myCRED add-on. It also allows instructors to give students assignments and homework, and they can grade their work later on. You can also enable no distraction mode while hosting a quiz. You will have multiple payment method options, such as Google checkout, Amazon payment, Braintree, and many more.
It will let you edit and create course pages, checkout pages, logout redirect pages, and many more. You can also set up the currency options. You will have an auto start option as well for users. Thus, users can get started after purchasing the courses. Moreover, it allows you to choose the archive layout of courses from a list or grid. The plugin comes with many advanced features. However, you will need to purchase the add–ons to use the advanced options. So, let’s discuss the essential elements of this plugin in brief,
- The plugin supports WordPress multisite. So, you can manage the settings of multiple sites from one dashboard.
- The plugin has a user-friendly interface and a straightforward setup process.
- Using this plugin, you will have full statistical access to manage students.
- Moreover, you can also communicate with your students.
- The plugin provides a bunch of add-ons. You can purchase it separately if you want to unlock advanced options.
- It allows you to sell courses with multiple billing methods. Also, you can add various payment gateway options. The free version only provides the PayPal option. You can buy a premium add-on to add other payment options.
- The plugin will let you edit and create course pages, checkout pages, logout redirect pages, and many more.
- The LearnPress plugin also supports presentations. It comes with Slideshare integration.
- It supports many payment method options, such as Google Checkout. We pay Amazon Payments and many more.
- You can also export and import your courses to another website using LearnPress.
- Moreover, you can also set up currency options. You will have an auto start option as well for users. Thus, users can get started after purchasing the courses.
- Also, the plugin allows you to choose the archive layout of courses from a list or grid. The plugin comes with many advanced features. However, you will need to purchase the add–ons to use the advanced options.
- The Learnpress plugin allows you to sell your courses with supported billing methods such as PayPal, WooCommerce, Stripe, etc.
- The assignment add-on allows instructors to give assignments, homework for students, and they can grade the students’ work later on. However, it is a premium add-on, so you will have to purchase it to use it.
- The random quiz add-on allows you to create a random questions quiz.
- Other premium features are group payments, payment method support, REST API for mobile apps, and many more.
LearnPress is free to use the WordPress LMS plugin. You can find it in the WordPress plugin library. If you want to use the advanced options, then you can purchase premium add-ons. By default, the plugin supports PayPal as a payment gateway. But you can also set other payment options to increase the functionality with paid add-ons. The free version offers many add-ons like LearnPress wishlist, LearnPress course review, LearnPress offline payment, and many more. The premium add-ons include Assignment add-ons, certificate add-ons, grade book add-ons, and many more.
How to Install and Activate LearnPress Plugin
The installation process is Straightforward. You can follow the simple steps mentioned below to install and activate the plugin.
Step 1: First, you need to log in to the WordPress admin dashboard.
Step 2: Now, you will see the option “Plugins” on the left-hand side panel of the WordPress dashboard. Click on “Plugins,” then select “Add New.”
Step 3: You will see a search bar on the top right-hand side corner of the dashboard. Now, Search “LearnPress Plugin”.
Step 4: After that, you need to click on “Install Now.”
Step 5: After installation, you will need to activate the LearnPress Plugin to use it on your site. Now, click on “Activate.”
Now you have successfully installed and activated the plugin. You can add various courses on your site using this plugin.
How to Setup LearnPress Plugin
After activating the plugin on your site, you can start using this plugin on your site. You can set up the plugin easily with just a few clicks. We have explained step by step guide below on how to use LearnPress Plugin,
Step 1: First of all, go to the” LearnPress” option on the left-hand side panel of the WordPress Dashboard. Then select the “Settings” option.
Step 2: You will have to set up a page with multiple sections. First, click on the “General” tab. In the page setup section, you can select the page or create a new course. Moreover, it also allows you to edit the profile page, checkout page, terms and condition page, and logout redirect page.
And then, you can modify the currency section. Choose any currency and set the currency symbol position. Also, you can enable instructor registration. Once you are done with settings, click on “Save Settings.”
Step 3: After that, click on the “Courses” tab. In this section, you can enable the review courses option. The courses which the instructors create will be pending in the review list. Also, the plugin provides an auto-start option as well. Students will get started with the courses once they have purchased the courses. You can also show the popup confirmation before finishing the course. Then select the “Archive page layout” from the list or grid. You can set how many courses you want to display per page. After that, adjust the thumbnail dimensions.
Moreover, it also allows you to edit the permalink of the courses. Once you are done with the settings, click on “Save Settings” to save the changes.
Step 4: Now, click on the “profile” tab. You can set the image dimension of the profile. Also, you can enable the login form option. It means users can directly log in from the profile. Moreover, you can allow the default field option in the registration form like first name, last name, and display name. Also, you can add a custom register field. It allows you to change the permalink of all the course pages.
Step 5: After that, go to the “Payment” section.” You can enter the PayPal details and edit the checkout page in this section. In the free version, the plugin allows you to add only one payment gateway option. Once you are down with the settings, make sure to save it.
Step 6: The plugin also provides advanced settings for the developers, such as to enable Gutenberg, primary and secondary color. Make sure to click on “Save Settings.”
LearnPress is one of the best LMS plugins for WordPress sites. You can easily add courses, lessons, and quizzes. Also, you can customize the course and payment options settings. The plugin is free to use. However, the free version provides limited features. You can upgrade to the premium version of the plugin.
Moreover, the plugin offers various payment method options like Google checkout and Amazon payments. The premium add-ons include many advanced options such as group payment, events, REST API for mobile app, and many more. The plugin is compatible with almost all WordPress themes.
Moreover, it also supports Slideshare, woo-commerce, and many popular platforms. The free version provides only one payment option – PayPal. If you want to add more payment options, you will need to purchase the premium add-on separately. The installation and the setup process are very straightforward. You can follow the steps mentioned below to install and activate the plugin. Also, we have explained step by step guide on how to set up this plugin. We hope this article will help you add and customize the courses on your site using the LearnPress Plugin.