How to create an LMS on WordPress using Lifter Plugin
By Adarsh Sojitra on December 8th, 2021
LifterLMS is one of the best learning management systems for WordPress sites. It is the most flexible WordPress Learning Management System for your online learning website. The plugin is available in the WordPress plugin directory for free. The free version provides enough features to make your platform effective. Also, you can create beautiful online courses, student analysis, quizzes, and more from one screen with its flexible drag and drop page builder. LifterLMS is compatible with WordPress themes, modern blocks, and popular page builders like Elmentor and Divi. You can easily expand the plugin functionality by integrating with other grease plugins like WP Fusion, Affiliate WP, Gami Press, Course Scheduler, and many more.
You can also connect your WordPress LMS website to 1,500+ other apps via Zapier. Lifter LMS is one of only 11 WordPress plugins listed in the Zapier app directory. You can offer Native courses and membership sales pages. Moreover, you can also provide offline courses and membership sales. You will have a customizable course and membership enrollment.
- You will have Gamification with badges.
- You can provide various payment gateway options to your users. So they can make a payment using their preferred options.
- The plugin provides a Drip content system.
- The Lifter LMS plugin has a very straightforward and user-friendly interface.
- You can also customize the Front-end student dashboard.
- It will allow you to assign multiple instructors to the course.
- The plugin also lets you edit Certificate settings like the height and width of the certificate. You can also design your unique certificate with provided tools.
- It will protect your content. You will need to enable the “Force SSL” options in the checkout page section.
- Also, you can offer Native courses and membership sales pages. Moreover, you can also provide offline courses and membership sales.
- Moreover, you will have a customizable course and membership enrollment.
- You can effectively manage your learning management platform.
- Lifter LMS builds community and invests heavily in supporting the community of LMS site builders.
- It provides an E-commerce dashboard and credit card management as well. So you can easily sell your tutorials and membership plans for your betterment.
- You can also connect your WordPress LMS website to 1,500+ other apps via Zapier. Lifter LMS is one of only 11 WordPress plugins listed in the Zapier app directory.
- The plugin offers 24/7 support in case you face any issues with functionality.
- Users can easily switch the Subscription and payment. All the required features are already integrated within the plugin.
- Also, you can offer bulk course and membership sales to your users. It will ultimately increase the conversion rate of your online platform.
The LifterLMS is a free learning management platform. You can install it from the WordPress plugin directory for free. Also, the plugin provides a premium version. Also, the pro version will provide you with various advanced features. If you want to use the features, then you can buy the premium version. You can give many payment gateway options to your users. So they can easily make payments using their preferred payment gateway options. You can integrate it with PayPal, Strip, or manually via check. The plugin offers a premium plan which provides a license for a single site. However, you need to purchase add-ons separately, which costs $120 per year. You can save big with a bundle set for $360. So, let’s see how we can install the Lifter LMS plugin and set it up. Here, you can see all the information with steps and related screensorts.
How to Install and Activate Lifter LMS Plugin
The installation process is Straightforward. You can follow the simple steps mentioned below to install and activate the plugin.
Step 1: First, you need to log in to the WordPress admin dashboard.
Step 2: Now, you will see the option “Plugins” on the left-hand side panel of the WordPress dashboard. Click on “Plugins,” then select “Add New.”
Step 3: You will see a search bar on the top right-hand side corner of the dashboard. Now, Search “Lifter LMS Plugin”.
Step 4: After that, you need to click on “Install Now.”
Step 5: After installation, you will need to activate the Lifter LMS Plugin to use it on your site. Now, click on “Activate.”
Now you have successfully installed and activated the plugin. You can add courses and engagements easily using this plugin.
How to Setup Lifter LMS Plugin
After activating the plugin on your site, you can start using this plugin on your site. You can set up the plugin easily with just a few clicks. We have explained step by step guide below on how to Lifter LMS Plugin,
Step 1: First of all, go to the “LifterLMS” option on the left-hand side panel of the WordPress dashboard. Then select the “Settings” option.
Step 2: You will see the setup page. You can moderate the settings of multiple options such as courses, checkout, engagement, and many more. Click on the “Courses” tab to change the settings, such as catalog settings. In this section, you can enable the retake option. It will allow students to mark a lesson as “incomplete” after they have completed a lesson. Also, you can set the specific no. of the courses per page after selecting the particular catalog. Moreover, it will let you sort the catalog as per alphabet.
Step 3: After that, go to the “Membership” section. You can edit the catalog settings in this section. Also, you can restrict the site by membership level. The plugin allows access to the site to users with a specific membership level. Users will be able to view and purchase membership levels. Moreover, it will let you moderate the options like membership sorting, memberships per page, and catalog.
Step 4: Now, click on the “Accounts” tab to customize the student dashboard, user information, and privacy options. You can select any dashboard page and enable open registration. The plugin also provides many fields to enable and disable on the student dashboard, such as lost password, redeem the voucher, order history, and many more.
Step 5: Also, you can enable or disable the terms and condition check. When allowed, users must agree to your site’s Terms and Conditions to register for an account. Moreover, you will have a section called “Account Erasure Requests.” You can order the “remove order data” option and the “remove student LMS data” option.
Step 6: Now, click on the “Check out settings” options. In this section, you can edit the currency options and payment gateway options. You can also set the confirmation page slug. Also, the plugin enables automatic retry of failed recurring payments. You can also enable “Force SSL.” It will force secure checkout via SSL (HTTPS) on the checkout page. Moreover, you can add as many payment gateway options as you want to your site. Also, it allows you to set the country and currency option settings as per your choice.
Step 7: In the “Engagement” settings, you can edit the certificate and Email settings. You can adjust the height and width of the certificate. Also, it will let you upload the header image and footer texts while sending emails to your users.
Once you are done with the settings, click on “Save Changes.” After that, you can easily add courses, membership, and engagements to your site using this plugin.
LifterLMS is one of the powerful learning management plugins for WordPress sites. You can easily add courses, memberships, and engagements. The plugin is free to use. However, if you want to unlock the advanced features, you can purchase the plugin’s premium version. However, the free version of the plugin provides all essential elements to make an effective learning management platform. You can provide various payment gateway options to your users. So they can make a payment using their preferred options. You can customize many options in the free version, such as certificate settings, courses catalogs, email settings, membership settings, and many more.
The installation and the setup process are very straightforward. You can follow the above steps to install and activate the plugin. Also, we have explained step by step guide on how to set up this plugin. We hope this article will help you to add courses on your site using the Lifter LMS Plugin.