How to create a Membership website in WordPress using Members Plugin
By Adarsh Sojitra on December 8th, 2021
Members by MemberPress is the user role editor plugin from the dashboard. Also, MemberPress is one of the popular learning management systems for WordPress sites. The plugin allows you to add courses and display them on the front end of the site. You can enable access to your content based on the roles of users. The plugin is free to use. It is available in the WordPress plugin library for free. The MemberPress plugin is an easy-to-use WordPress LMS plugin that helps you start charging your users for access to your content instantly. It will help you to manage and track users. Also, the installation and setup process is very straightforward.
Memberpress comes with a unique classroom mode setting. By using this mode, you have total control over colors, logos, and other featured images. Also, you can add lessons, topics, categories, videos, and images using a powerful drag and drop page builder.
The plugin offers multiple add-ons with advanced features. You can purchase the add-ons separately if you want to unlock the advanced features. Moreover, the MemberPress plugin allows you to edit the settings of content permissions and roles & capabilities. Also, you can enable the “private site” option. It will redirect all logged-out users to the login page before allowing them to view the site. You can allow the content permission option and show the error message if other than permitted users try to access your content. It also comes with the REST API feature. This feature will require authentication for access to the REST API. The free version will let you add new roles and manage the settings for new roles.
You will have shortcodes to control who has access to content. A login form widget and users widget is to show in your theme’s sidebars. Other WordPress developers highly recommend members. Many existing plugins integrate their custom roles and capabilities directly into it. It will let you create custom capabilities for the Advanced Custom Fields (ACF) plugin for managing with the Members plugin. The plugin integrates the WooCommerce plugin capabilities into the Members plugin’s role manager. Using the plugin’s powerful content dripping feature, you can show restricted content to members. Memberpress integrates with ‘PayPal Standard’, ‘PayPal Express Checkout’, ‘Authorized.net’, and ‘Strip’ for payment gateway. So, let’s discuss the basic features of this plugin in brief,
- The plugin has a very straightforward setup and user-friendly interface. Anyone can easily understand the functionality.
- You don’t need to fiddle with pages and custom post types.
- Moreover, you can allow you to edit, create, and delete roles and capabilities for these roles. All the permission related settings and privilege settings available within the plugin.
- Also, it allows you to track learners’ progress. It will provide a dashboard view which shows all the details about members.
- The plugin will let you build a new role by cloning an existing role. You can easily duplicate roles and their settings and assign them to another member.
- The plugin offers multiple add-ons with advanced features. You can purchase the add-ons separately if you want to unlock the advanced features.
- Also, it allows you to edit the settings of content permissions and roles & capabilities.
- Moreover, you can enable the “private site” option. This option will redirect all logged-out users to the login page before allowing them to view the site.
- You will have advanced options for power users in the premium version of this plugin.
- You can manage the settings of the different roles and grant or deny access permission based on their roles.
- The plugin will let you enable the content permission option and show the error message if other than permitted users try to access your content.
- The plugin also comes with the REST API feature. This feature will require authentication for access to the REST API. The free version will let you add new roles and manage the settings for new roles.
- Also, it will allow you to create custom capabilities for the Advanced Custom Fields (ACF) plugin for managing with the Members plugin.
- The plugin integrates the GiveWP and GiveWP Recurring Donations plugin capabilities into the Members plugin’s role manager.
- The plugin integrates the WooCommerce plugin capabilities into the Members plugin’s role manager.
Members plugin is free to use plugins for WordPress sites. You can install it from the WordPress plugin directory. Also, the plugin provides the premium version. You can purchase separate add-ons to activate the advanced features. It offers Admin caps add-on, admin access add-ons, core creates caps, and many more for free. You can start these add-ons from the settings. If you want to unlock the payment options and email marketing add-on, you have to purchase the premium version of the MemberPress plugin.
The plugin offers three premium plans -Pro, Plus, and Basic. The basic plan includes all features like unlimited add courses, members, and many more. Also, the program costs $179 per year and provides a license for a single site. The Pro and Plus plan retails at $399 and $299 per year, respectively. So, in this article wer will learn how to set up the Members plugins step by step.
How to Install and Activate Members Plugin
The installation process is Straightforward. You can follow the simple steps mentioned below to install and activate the plugin.
Step 1: First, you need to log in to the WordPress admin dashboard.
Step 2: Now, you will see the option “Plugins” on the left-hand side panel of the WordPress dashboard. Click on “Plugins,” then select “Add New.”
Step 3: You will see a search bar on the top right-hand side corner of the dashboard. Now, Search “Members Plugin”.
Step 4: After that, you need to click on “Install Now.”
Step 5: After installation, you will need to activate the Members Plugin to use it on your site. Now, click on “Activate.”
Now you have successfully installed and activated the plugin. You can set and manage the settings based on the roles of users. You can grant or deny permission to access the content to your users.
How to Setup Members Plugin
After activating the plugin on your site, you can start using this plugin on your site. You can set up the plugin easily with just a few clicks. We have explained step by step guide below on how to Members Plugin,
Step 1: First of all, go to the “Members” option on the left-hand side of the WordPress dashboard. Then click on the “Settings” option under the “Members” section.
Step 2: You will have a general settings page. You can edit and add the roles to allow for accessing your content. Click on the “General” tab. So, the first step is to edit the options of the “Roles and Capabilities section. You can enable the role manager. Also, it allows users to assign more than a single role. You can enable the option “Denied capabilities should always overrule granted capabilities” in the capabilities settings.
Step 3: Now, scroll down to the “Content Permission” section. In this section, you can enable the content permission feature based on the roles of users. You can also customize and display the error message if other users try to access your content except for permitted users.
Step 4: After that, you can edit the setting of the “Private Site” section. It will let you enable private sites. This option will redirect all logged-out users to the login page before allowing them to view the site. Moreover, the plugin also provides a “REST API” content access feature. So users will require authentication for access to the REST API. You can also enable the “disable the feed.” It will show an error message for feed items. Once you are done with the settings, click on “Update settings” to save the changes in the settings.
Moreover, if you want to use the advanced features of the plugin, then you can purchase the add-ons separately. You will have a list of add-ons offered by the MemberPress plugin in the settings. You can buy them from the WordPress dashboard.
The Members plugin is one of the best user role editor plugins for WordPress sites. You can edit the roles and capabilities of users. Also, you can allow content access permission based on the roles of your users. The plugin is free to use. You can easily install the plugin from the WordPress plugin directory for free. However, if you want to unlock the advanced feature of this plugin, then you can purchase the separate add-ons. The premium version also includes various add-ons.
The installation and the setup process are very straightforward. You can follow the steps mentioned above to install and activate the plugin. Also, we have explained step by step guide on how to set up this plugin. We hope this article will help you add and manage the roles on your site using the Members Plugin.