Creating Virtual Directory in Plesk
Virtual directories allow you to run multiple web applications on a single domain. It is similar to subdomains. In virtual directories, the directory is accessed using the folder path instead of the subdomain name. A virtual directory in Plesk is a link to an existing physical directory that is present on the server’s hard disk. Virtual directories consist of specific settings like custom ASP.NET configuration, access permissions, and URL password protection. Virtual directories are very useful in setting up your web applications, especially those written in ASP.NET. Virtual directories can also be used as aliases.
1) Login to Plesk control panel.
2) Click on the ‘websites and domains’ option.
3) Click ‘show more’ option.
4) Select the icon ‘Virtual Directories’.
5) Select the icon ‘Create Virtual Directory’.
6) Enter the details and click on the ‘OK’ button to save the changes we made.
If you need any further assistance please contact our support department.